About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=38a47a1c548684d7db8fa95fbdcb09d2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Adventurecon 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alli ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

The only real 'issue' with the costume is going to be the helmet...that and the blaster.

BUT the e-11 is acceptable if you cant make the one that most of the endor troopers used...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kein Whuf (Kevin Peters)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

I'm planning on being there.  There as well.  Alli are you still working on an x-wing?  I am sorry life got away from me and didn't get the chest box to you, but I have only a little left to do on all 3 boxes.
Alli ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

I havent worked on it in forever..but I will still take a box just in case
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stormy Jonay ()

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

And a standing invitation to the Correllian base to come visit us at the Chattooine Star Wars Fanforce table.

Jodo Kirvanti (Martin Arnold)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Stormy Jonay on 03 April 2006

And a standing invitation to the Correllian base to come visit us at the Chattooine Star Wars Fanforce table.

I'll definately be doing that. I hear good things about you boys (and girls)
Stormy Jonay ()

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

Really?!?!

Whoa...

Wait til they hear about this.

Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

Well, I was not notified of this when it happened so I wouldn't be surprised if it's changed again but, Alli has resigned from, not only Tennesse State Captain but from the Rebel Legion due to personal reasons. Her presence will be missed. Our very own XO, Derek Deweese, will be stepping up to the plate to keep up on Tennessee events and such.

With Alli's resignation, we do not have anyone officially planning this event anymore. She was handling most of it. So, Derek and I will be putting Corellian Base's contribution to the Con together. So, I ask, if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, please reply with them. This tiny con is really our only official Con that I know of within our base. So, small or not, lets make our end of it great.

I already have plans to have "attendance rewards" and "participation rewards" indefinately for each event attended (or at least mostly those that myself, Master Koon, or Shayle attends). If you attend and/or help out, it doesn't go unnoticed. Corellian Base patches, shirts, postage stamps, and other merchandise will be given away as freebies, paid for straight from my pocket for Corellian Base member attendance and volunteering.

As far as the specifics for AdventureCon, I do not want to request or pay for a fan table without enough content to make it look good, and not amatuer. Last year was an embarrassment and so, I elected to just pretend we had no table rather than set up a poor one. If you can help with planning and ideas for the table, please do. Even if you're not going, your opinions are listened to and are valued.

I already know that I'll be paying for mini-buttons, bearing our logo, to be made to pass out to everyone. Everyone likes freebies. I'd like more prop temporary donations for decor. I'll be having my laptop there and, hopefully, there will be a wireless internet signal. If so, those in costume will be able to sign up for the Rebel Legiopn right at the table. We'll have a digital camera on hand to take pictures so applications can be submitted right there. If there is no signal, we'll just take a photo, have them fill out the required info on a pre-printed form, give them a business card with our web address, and submit their application ourselves.

I'd like to get a banner made, once our finalized logo has been submitted to me. This can get costly though so, if anyone would like to make a donation for the cost of this or knows of a place that can do it inexpensively, let me know. I'd like to get many other promotional items made for events as well. So, the more donations that are made, the more quickly and likely that this can happen. I'll still get, at least, a banner on my own if there are no donations...but I might be more stingy with it =)

So please, give me ideas, comments, opinions, feedback, anything. Planning an event several 100 miles away from me will be difficult but not impossible. With your help, it can still be great. This con will be here before you know it so I want planning to be on the ball. Thanks in advance to everyone who helps out.

kelldar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

I'm planning on being at Adcon, so if there's anything I can do to help let me know...!
PadmeHellsing ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

Adventurecon is ten miles from home for me so I'll definately be there again this year!
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

Michelle, were you there last year? If so, did we meet? I don't recognize you (but I'm admittedly bad with faces). Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing you!

PadmeHellsing ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

Yup, I was there last year, but wasn't a member of the RL yet, in fact, Adventurecon is how I learned about it >^_^<

OMG and color me dorky but I didn't read the post above my original one, THE KELL is going to Adventurecon! I really hope I get to meet you, I see your SW cosplay on cc.com all the time and they're FANTASTIC.

Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

Ok, we're trying to come up with the final details on this event. The discussion is being held on the new Corellian Base forums. Go to www.corellianbase.com or http://www.dwrd.net/corellian/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18 to join in the discussion and to volunteer help. With everyone's help, we can make this year's Rebel Legion presence at AdCon a great one.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Adventurecon 2006 Reply with quote

AdventureCon 2006 is now, sadly, passed. Thanks to those that donated items to the table. Updates on AdCon will be on the new Corellian Base forums shortly.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: