Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=25abb02606dc7a44bc4feefac3ddc54aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WIP, Luke Skywalker-RoTJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: WIP, Luke Skywalker-RoTJ Reply with quote

I picked up a Luke RoTJ lightsaber a few years back and thought it would be cool to have the costume at some point but didn't actively pursue it. Flash forward to C-VI and a conversation with the fabulous seamstress, Leah D'Andrea. We were chatting about Luke costumes and she agreed to sew a RoTJ Luke costume for me. Very Happy
Since then I've been slowly working on the parts for it; belt, glove, wig and finally boots.
After a few visits for measurements and pinnings she recent delivered the first parts for the costume, the pants and shirt. (vest, obi and scarf are in the works)
I really like it! Very Happy It takes a bit to get used to wearing such snug fitting clothes but that's part of the look.
Here are some pics. I'll probably look for another glove because my wrist shows through sometimes with this one, just needs to be about an inch longer. Looking for some input, if I need to make any adjustments please let me know. Also, does anyone have a good lead for the RoTJ cloak?

Although the saddle/riding seat is here it hard to see in the pic.

Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, Don. May I ask what its made from? I can't tell, but do you have the stripe down the side of the leg? I'd also suggest weathering the belt buckle too, but I assume you were already planning on that.

As for a glove, I use an XL women's glove, because it goes past the wrist.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Matt. Smile
It's made from a stretch cotton twill, which works nicely. The buckle is the tandy one that I painted flat black and haven't taken to weather yet, a few swipes with some sandpaper should do it.
The pant stripes.......we went back and forth discussing that and after looking over reference pics came to the conclusion it's not consistency there on the costume. I know they are there on the sail barge shots but couldn't find them elsewhere. Are there any good pics of the stripes on the Death Star or other scenes?
They can easily be added, plenty enough fabric remains.
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. When I talked about it to Museum Replicas a few years ago, they said that when they saw it in the Archives, that the stripes were indeed there.

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good confirmation. I would imagine there were more a single pair of pants used during filming, maybe some had the stripes and some not. dunno
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya about getting used to a tight-fitting costume. But it does force (no pun intended) you to stay in Jedi shape. Wink

FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be approved with the stripes? That was a concern to since they are not listed in the costume standards.
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
I hear ya about getting used to a tight-fitting costume. But it does force (no pun intended) you to stay in Jedi shape. Wink

Lol, 'Jedi shape' Laughing
That's actually good motivation to keep the workouts going. Thumbs up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: