Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6420f7428c58bdb9143c03cf1cf2fccdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Timothy Zahn in San Diego Feb 25th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaron-Wan-Kenobi (Aaron Holtsclaw)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Timothy Zahn in San Diego Feb 25th Reply with quote

I believe that "Don't got the last spot reserved for you, Rion" is gramatically incorrect.  I have been waiting 4 years to say that.  I've finally caught you lori.
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Timothy Zahn in San Diego Feb 25th Reply with quote

lol,  I can't believe I didn't proofread that!  Yep, you got me, Aaron!

It was supposed to be "Don's got the last spot reserved"

Actually, I did that to see if anyone would notice.

Yeah, right.  tongue

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Timothy Zahn in San Diego Feb 25th Reply with quote

Okay, so this seems to be the final list:

myself - Jedi or X-Wing pilot

Don - Jedi

Lori - Jedi

Rachel - Jedi

Greg - Jedi

Rion - RFT

Aaron - Jedi

Brian - Jedi

Remember to leave yourself plenty of driving time, for those coming from outside San Diego. I'll try to be there around 1:30pm in case you get in early. The bookstore is located near the 805 freeway, so it's the first shopping center on the right-hand side of the street once you exit. Be sure to take the Clairemont Mesa Blvd East exit.

And make sure to browse around the store. They have a great selection of science fiction and mystery books. This is Mr. Zahn's only appearance in Southern California, so that says a lot about how well authors are received by this book store. By helping them stay in business, we guarantee having more exclusive author appearances.
Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Timothy Zahn in San Diego Feb 25th Reply with quote

Hmmm was planning on going down, at least for LegoLand on Sun...but seeing that I just got home and Jos is down with Strept....not looking good for EITHER event.  ....

I'll also post on the Legoland on SDFF...but right now TFN is down.

Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Timothy Zahn in San Diego Feb 25th Reply with quote

Oh no, poor Josie. Sounds like traveling is out of the question for you two this weekend.

I'd tell you to give her a hug from me but I don't want you to catch it, Master K.
Drac_Cave ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Timothy Zahn in San Diego Feb 25th Reply with quote

sheesh i might as well come in my sith garb lol ill bring both the enforcer and rft
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Timothy Zahn in San Diego Feb 25th Reply with quote

no, stay in RFT so you'll be unique. 
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Timothy Zahn in San Diego Feb 25th Reply with quote

I'm going in X-Wing to be a little different from the crowd.

I guess that makes me "Luke Skywalker" again, eh Padawan? LOL.
Drac_Cave ()

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Timothy Zahn in San Diego Feb 25th Reply with quote

ok ill bring me rft i need to take in the vest abit and hes done oh donna can you bring thos tabbards and my RL sticker?
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Timothy Zahn in San Diego Feb 25th Reply with quote

Sure, Rion. I'll make a note so I don't forget.

And now I have some bad news with no corresponding good news.

Apparently the Random House rep only sent six copies of the book despite the fact that the 501st person (Sam the 501st San Diego Squad Leader) coordinating this sent her a list of 12 names. So after discussing it with Sam we agreed that a raffle for the books would be the most fair way to distribute them.

Three of the books will go to 501st members and three will go to RL members. I will conduct the raffle before the event so that those who don't get a book can buy one if they wish to have the author sign it. So it's very important you arrive on or before 1:30pm.

I have blue raffle tickets for the 501st folks and red tickets for RL. Sam and I are withdrawing from the raffle to give you guys a better chance at winning. I'm sorry this happened and if you have any problems with this arrangement please contact me off the board so we can discuss it.

Thanks.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Timothy Zahn in San Diego Feb 25th Reply with quote

Dang! We don't all get books!

doh!    worried      cry 

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Timothy Zahn in San Diego Feb 25th Reply with quote

I'll see you guys tomorrow!!
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Timothy Zahn in San Diego Feb 25th Reply with quote

Please remember to get there no later than 1:30pm to participate in the book raffle.

I printed up a certificate for Mr. Zahn making him an honorary member of Sunrider Base. I would like to get a group picture with him for the base web site.
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Timothy Zahn in San Diego Feb 25th Reply with quote

Woohoo! Rebels rocked the day!

You guys were awesome! Thanks so much for making the trip to the bookstore. I'm glad everyone got a free book for their effort and got Mr. Zahn to sign it.

Now you just need to send me your pictures so I can post them on the gallery.

(Our web master is MIA, so I'll be taking over web duties again.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Timothy Zahn in San Diego Feb 25th Reply with quote

Here are 2 pics of Gregor's Ice cream mountain that I posted on the SDSWS board:

I call this one, "Edgar's Envy"  lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: