About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=504df3c040d38b092a1ff8ff4d0dcb01Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Another Costume exhibit at FIDM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediRacer (Matt Masuda)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Another Costume exhibit at FIDM Reply with quote

Every year, FIDM hosts an exhibit of costumes from movies of the previous year.  Here's a list of the movies that will be featured:

The Art of Motion Picture Costume Design

Memoirs of A Geisha
Colleen Atwood* Sony Pictures Entertainment

Cinderella Man
Daniel Orlandi* Universal Pictures

King Kong
Terry Ryan Universal Pictures

Mrs. Henderson Presents
Sandy Powell* The Weinstein Company

The Producers: The Movie Musical
William Ivey Long Universal Pictures

Batman Begins
Lindy Hemming Warner Bros.

Serenity
Ruth E. Carter* Universal Pictures

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
Trisha Biggar* Lucasfilm Ltd. Archives

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Gabriella Pescucci* Warner Bros.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe
Isis Mussenden* Walt Disney Pictures

Corpse Bride
(Tim Burton/Carlos Grangel) Warner Bros.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Jany Temime Warner Bros.

Bewitched
Mary Zophres* Sony Pictures Entertainment

Brokeback Mountain
Marit Allen* Focus Features

Hitch
Marlene Stewart*ï Sony Pictures Entertainment

Monster In Law
Kym Barrett* New Line Cinema

Mr. And Mrs. Smith
Michael Kaplan* 20th Century Fox

The Aviator
Sandy Powell* Initial Entertainment Group

Kingdom of Heaven
Janty Yates* 20th Century Fox

The Legend of Zorro
Graciela Mazon* Sony Pictures Entertainment

The New World
Jacqueline West* New Line Cinema

Pride and Prejudice
Jacqueline Durran Focus Features

Aeon Flux
Beatrix Aruna Pasztor* Paramount Pictures

The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
Sammy Sheldon Touchstone Pictures

Walk the Line
Arianne Phillips, CDG Member, 20th Century Fox

---------------

I don't know which costumes from ROTS they will have.  FIDM is very close to my office, if I have a chance to go there during lunch, I'll see what they have.  The exhibit runs from Feb. 6 to April 29.  In the past they DID NOT allow photography in the exhibit.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Another Costume exhibit at FIDM Reply with quote

Matt,

As part of the X-Wing crew, I was invited to go to this exhibit's Gala Opening Night. They've kept the same basic layout that they had built for the "Dressing the Galaxy" exhibit. Unfortunately they put all the ROTS costumes in the one really dark, badly lit, evil-guy room. With all the Star Wars costumes on the side that had the red lights (where Darth Maul was). The costumes that are left include a couple Padmes, a Palpentine, Neimodian Soldier, and a few others - about 8 or 9 total I think. None of the biggies or REAL impressive ones.

Having said that - FIDM did a wonderful job with the exhibit itself. Really cool with a lot of great period and fantasy pieces - definately worth checking out, especially the Narnia and Harry Potter ones! Oh, and according to Colleen Crosby and the other ladies I was with, the SHOES on the Mia Farrow costume (King Kong) was the biggest hit of the show.
JediRacer (Matt Masuda)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Another Costume exhibit at FIDM Reply with quote

Ok, I ran over to FIDM during my lunch break (I work VERY close now).  You're right Jon, all the Star Wars costumes are the same ones that were in the Dressing A Galaxy exhibit.  I don't know what you're talking about regarding the shoes.  It's a good exhibit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Another Costume exhibit at FIDM Reply with quote

Us San Diego folk are trying to find a date to drive up and visit for a day. Maybe we can get the rest of Sunrider Base to join us (costumes optional, just a chance to meet up is always fun).

Thanks for posting this, Matt.
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Another Costume exhibit at FIDM Reply with quote

All I want to know is this:  DO THEY HAVE THE BAT SUIT? 
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Another Costume exhibit at FIDM Reply with quote

They have BOTH the bat suit and the PROTOTYPE.
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Another Costume exhibit at FIDM Reply with quote

I am SO there.

colleency ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Another Costume exhibit at FIDM Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by HazardThree on 09 February 2006

the SHOES on the Mia Farrow costume (King Kong) was the biggest hit of the show.

Umm...Mia Farrow wan't in King Kong. That would be Naomi Watts as Ann Darrow. (I wish I could have those shoes.)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Another Costume exhibit at FIDM Reply with quote

Whoops Colleen ... my bad. What can I say? Guess I heard you wrong (one ear and everything), besides I'm a guy and probably wouldn't even have noticed the shoes if you, Renee and Maria hadn't been with me, all pulling on my sleeve, going "Ohhhhh ... the shoes."
Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Another Costume exhibit at FIDM Reply with quote

Im hoping that 3/4 is a bit of a go still. I have a room reserved down South so can attend this.. Course after seeing ObiShawn's post about  the FIDM exhibit (still grumbling that I can't get off during the week for rehursals and have Finals the Friday 3/3.  Ok..just whining now. LOL

But Jos and I both are planning on going to FIDM on 3/4.  Anyone else showing up?

Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Another Costume exhibit at FIDM Reply with quote

It looks like me and some others from the San Diego group will be at FIDM on the 4th. 
JediRacer (Matt Masuda)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Another Costume exhibit at FIDM Reply with quote

Some members of the LA Fan Force will be there on the 4th.  I probably won't be able to make it that day.  I've already seen it twice though.

Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Another Costume exhibit at FIDM Reply with quote

. " I've already seen it twice though."

Matt,,,,  just  Thbppptttttttttt  Razz for already getting to see it twice!  Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: