Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ab2e7edcf1e88208bb51b149b32c21aeMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Another Havoc Build Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Expanded Universe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dox ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Another Havoc Build Thread Reply with quote

Hey all! I recently purchased one of the awesome TZA kits from Jim, am in the process of slowly assembling it, this thread will track my progress, including pictures!

I do have a few questions:

1. This being my first Star Wars build, I was curious as to the method of suspension you guys use for pieces like the thighs and biceps, as well as the sorts of under-suit and gloves I should go with for a suit like this. (I'm going for game accurate).

2. The kit didn't come with a belt or TD kit, I'm curious as to whether the many Clone belts I've seen for sale would be suitable, and whether there were any TD kits available?

Here's some pictures!

More coming!
Q (Markus Zimmerman)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a fun build! I'm not too familiar with the under workings of the havok troops, but generally any black compression suit like Under Armour will work. Now that the weather is cooling off you can find cheaper off brands in stores that work just as well.

For strapping, I'm a fan of using a strap from the shoulder to the bicep, and for the thighs using web straps looped around a web belt (like you'd wear with a tool belt).
Phoenix 10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dox ()

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I worked on the helmet some more, starting filling in the little nicks, scrapes and imperfections, as well as reworking the visor area that was imperfect due to the butchering I inflicted on it with the dremel!

Can't wait to get a coat of primer on it, once I do, and get rid of any MAJOR imperfections, I'll leave it as is and start assembling the rest of the actual suit. A lot of the detail on it was lost due to the vac-forming process (Specifically on the gauntlets), and as I'm going for a, "As though real life", approach, I'm currently brainstorming ways I can address this. First thought is to fill in the top and bottom with rondo and hand detail it, but... Yeah... Any suggestions would be appreciated!

sandeman (Clay)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM Talon for a TD, may have forgotten to throw it in your kit. As for the belt, KB sells one, and it seems the Judge Dredd belt is the same. I'm using a 2" leather belt. Not fancy with the texture or anything. :/

Did the holster come with the kit, or did you pay for it separately?
ID-6640 IOC Imperial Staff Officer (Executor)
DS-6640 SLD Kylo Ren
U.S. Navy SCPO (Ret.)
Dox ()

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent him a message, regarding that and a few other things, but haven't heard back regarding the TD yet. They holster came with it yes, although the pistol was forgotten! Razz
Dox ()

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question, (Picture stolen from Balgosa, thanks!), what are the small hexagonal bits on the bottom left of the image for? The other pieces I'm going to assume are for the forearms, but I can't for the life of me work out where they go!
Athorr ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little hexagons go on the back of the shoes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Expanded Universe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: