Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f09c3f18bc3f53b00d0f9b83ef25f084Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

BCO election 2013/14: Questions thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave -> Nordic Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suzijedi (Suzanne Stelling)
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

Medals: 13 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: BCO election 2013/14: Questions thread Reply with quote

Q&A begins Monday, September 16th, at 12:01am EST. The Questions phase ends Sunday, September 22nd, at 11:59pm EST, while answers may continue until Tuesday, September 24th, at 11:59pm EST.

For more information on the Election process please see The Charter, Article V: Elections and Voting

Q & A runs for the following 7 days (with answers being accepted for 2 additional days).

Each Candidate will have their own answer thread. Only Candidates are allowed to post in their answer threads. If they wish to respond to another candidates answers, please copy that answer and post it as a quote in your own answer thread.

All questions need to be "on target". Any questions considered crude, rude, or socially inappropriate will be removed. Questions should also be directed to all candidates, and not to one individual.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know either in PM... or by posting here.

Good luck!

Nominated:

Anna (Mara Skywalker)
Anton (anton)
501st UK Garrison #4696 (retired)
Obi Anne (Johanna Nybelius)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What have you done in the last year that would be a good example on how you will work to increase both the membership, and the number of members who participate in things outside of trooping at events?

What is your vision for the base for the next 12 months, and do you have any specific/measureable goals that you wish to accomplish until the next election?

I believe that in order to grow you need to be very aware of your current state. For that reason I would like to hear a short SWOT analysis of the base from you. That means that I would like you to list what you see as the main Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats to the base.

How do you plan to organize the base? Will it only be you and your XO, or do you plan to make use of other officers. If you plan to have other officers do you want them to act as a council, and in that case do you want to formalize the organization of the base?
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inspired by one of Anton's answers I'd like to know:

How do you plan on financing PR and stand material? In my brief time as XO I looked at the possibility of getting a way to finance those things and found a lot of walls in the RL.

Do you have an XO in mind or will you be looking for one once the election is over?

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a follow up to points from your answers, and from Lora's question.

What are you looking for in an XO?

Both of you mention Country Representatives or Regional Captains, what would be the duties of those officers? And how do you plan on finding/selecting them?
KenBenObi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi Anne wrote:

What are you looking for in an XO?

Isin´t it an obvious...

I have a question too. How are you bringing all the information together and make NB an active club? Active, meaning active as our counter part NG is. Meaning also that what is your aim to get the members to put their NB costume on more often than NG one. I hope you understand the point of the question.

Also a question building up a council. How do you feel about a couples/relatives working in the same council? Agree or disagree if it´s a good thing? Why?

I want to be clear that I have nothing against to anybody with this question in here, this is in the general level and not pointed towards anybody.

Last edited by KenBenObi () on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
jedimasterbatty (Björn Westin)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me start with saying Hello to you both.

My first question is one that you both have touched here..
What will you do to bring RL more into the limelight?
That we manage to work so close with 501st is really great and I would not change that but what I want to see is that the public get to know that we are in fact two clubs.

I also want to know how you plan to get more supporters to help at events?
Elith Dupar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your nominations both of you! Very Happy

1. Scenario: You are overworked, tired, exhausted, everything seems wrong. How will you make sure that this doesn't affect the work you need to do for NB? This is a hard job "without pay". How are you going to balance your personal life and this work?

2. Like Anna said, it seems that the "power in the senate" Razz has been too much in one country, mainly Denmark as it is now. What I mean is that the leadership roles have been placed mainly there. How will you ensure that this leadership will be spread and more countries involved in that role?

3. Scenario: People are bickering behind people's backs. "Leaders" are bickering behind each others backs. Things are getting out of control and personal and the members are suffering and might not know why. How will you deal with this?

4. It seems to me that there's been lots of secrecy around making of costumes and what people are doing until it's done. This is of course every persons choice, but at the same time, how will you encourage people to share and to inspire and get inspired by the other members as a unit on this journey? How can we make this more about "us" and less about "me"?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most of us can agree that our base in many cases feels divided. One thing that I admire in the NG is that there have been leaders who have been willing to travel and take part in events all over the territory, in order to get personal contact with as many members as possible. Would you, and your XO, be willing and able to travel outside of your home turf in order to troop?
Mara Skywalker (Anna)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KenBenObi wrote:

I have a question too. How are you bringing all the information together and make NB an active club? Active, meaning active as our counter part NG is. Meaning also that what is your aim to get the members to put their NB costume on more often than NG one. I hope you understand the point of the question.

Johnnie, I am not completely sure I understand the question here, and I want to make sure that I do, before I answer it Smile

what do you mean with bringing all the information together, and when you mention NG as an active club, what exactly are you referring to? Smile

And the last part of the question; You want to know how I will encourage members to wear their NB costumes more often than their NG ones? Or is it something else? Smile

Mynocks deliver Babies
KenBenObi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mara Skywalker wrote:
KenBenObi wrote:

Johnnie, I am not completely sure I understand the question here, and I want to make sure that I do, before I answer it Smile

what do you mean with bringing all the information together, and when you mention NG as an active club, what exactly are you referring to? Smile

And the last part of the question; You want to know how I will encourage members to wear their NB costumes more often than their NG ones? Or is it something else? Smile

What I ment was how to make it equally active all around, I know that it was a bit poorly set question and I apologize that.

And the last one was like you said it, how will you get the members to choose the NB costume more often.

I hope this solved it Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mara Skywalker wrote:
KenBenObi wrote:

What I ment was how to make it equally active all around, I know that it was a bit poorly set question and I apologize that.

And the last one was like you said it, how will you get the members to choose the NB costume more often.

I hope this solved it Smile
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If elected what is the first three things you want to change/do?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think about people trooping in unapproved costumes and how should situations like that be handled?

What do you think about the level of communication between the NB and the NG?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think these shold be my last questions...

1. In the beginning of the week I asked you to list a SWOT of the whole base. Our base though is divided and could please give me a short description of strengths and weaknesses of each country in the base, and what you think should be the focus of each country in order for the base to grow.

2. None of you have presented an XO, which I think is bad. The CO and XO are supposed to function as a team and it would be nice to know the other part of the team that will get your vote. Also since we all knew when the elections were going to be it makes me wonder how much you have thought about this, since you haven't had time to find an XO. Do you feel prepared for the role of CO?

3a. Anna, you have been XO for more than half a year. Why haven't you started implementing your plans for the base already? How can we as members trust that you are actually going to accomplish your goals, and that it's not just promises in order to get elected.

3b. Anton, my question to you is quite similar. Having not been in a command position before, do you know how much time and energy it takes, and how can we trust that you are going to accomplish the goals that you have set up?
Qui-Gina Jinn (Camilla Lilja)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a question but:

Quote:
3a. Anna, you have been XO for more than half a year. Why haven't you started implementing your plans for the base already? How can we as members trust that you are actually going to accomplish your goals, and that it's not just promises in order to get elected.

I read this question from Johanna, and I feel the need to say something. The XO and CO are supposed to be a team and yes, things were promised last time that may not have been fulfilled. Unfortunately, things happened in my life that made it difficult for this to work. School completely overwhelmed me, and I should have asked Anna to take over the role of CO, but, being in the midst of things, I wasn't able to see things clearly. Hindsight is unbearably clear sometimes. I want to sincerely apologize for this, and let you know that Anna sure doesn't carry all the blame for things not happening in the base during the last year.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it!

Open to everything happy and sad,
Seeing the good when it's all going bad,
Focus on everything better today
Hold on to people they're slipping away...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave -> Nordic Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: