About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=62ddab00d834981584054bdf2b8e283cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe7049 ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Well, I forgot to remind you. I will do so now. Ahem....Carrie, remember to talk to me tonight. Ok? Good.  Anyhow here is a link to the pics I  have so far from the DSO concert.http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nc_ruhk/album?.dir=/ad7e
joe7049 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Well, it is finished...I DON'T WANT TO GO HOME! *sigh* This was so much fun! I am going to be really dissappointed when I finally realize that this is not a dream and I do have to go back. O, and here is an update on the pics. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nc_ruhk/album?.dir=/ad7e&.src=ph
lavagrrrl (Susie Leopold)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

This was one of the best events I've ever been a part of! I can't thank Carrie enough for making it all possible.
Gypsy3p0 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

That was ABSOLUTELY amazing, you guys. I only got to watch it from the seats, but I thought it went extrememly well! We'll have to try and do something like this again.

And everyone in the show did an amazing job!!! Thanks for letting me come and see you all perform!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Princess Dee ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

I had a wonderful time!

Thanks to Jason and Carrie for letting crash at their house!

Here are my pictures (click here)

Deidra
MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Our pictures are posted here: http://www.gotarmor.net/dso_pix/dso_pix.html

More wrap-up on the event coming after some sleep, but it was a rousing success!  Great job to all involved!

Regards,

M.

Dee - Glad to see you made it home safely!!

hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Carrie, the table looks AWESOME!

Bring that stuff to COSI. I don't know if we'll have a table or not, but I don't want to not have stuff that looks that good there!

Great work, everyone.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Looks like you guys had a really good time; wished I could have made it (hurt myself at work playing basketball...long story). I was SO looking forward to spending some time with Mirax and the gang!

Looking through the pics, noticed that Em and I made it in the display (C3 with Jay Laga'aia) so at least we're there in one manner of speaking?

lavagrrrl (Susie Leopold)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

http://www.blastylava.com/Gallery/costume_events/2006_01_18-22_dso/index.htm

There's the link to my photos. What a wonderful event! Huge thanks to Joe, Deidra and Eric for traveling so far to attend the shows!

MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Great pics, Susie! I've got this idea for making a more life-size Wicket that I might have to work on...If I do, he could come visit AT-ST Jon from time to time.

I was in contact with the folks from Kessel Base where the final shows of this concert will be performed. Anthony D. is narrating for them. You know what that means. No stage time for RL folks.

I think we really had a unique and special opportunity with 'our' shows. The DSO could hardly have been more accomodating or receptive to our ideas. I will never forget Maestro Kunzel encouraging the audience to applaud for us during the Encore. He didn't have to be so welcoming, but he was. I felt like we were treated as fellow performers instead of being looked down on as weird geeks. This has been a nearly magical experience!

So, a few last thoughts...

We've got to get Heath to come out for more events! It doesn't get much better than a functional R2 unit! Saturday's crowd really enjoyed having R2 roaming around in the lobby!

Hearing comments from audience members like: "This is one of the best shows the DSO ever put on." and "I've never seen the movies, but now I'm going to go watch them." (from an 80-year-old lady) made every bit of the planning worth it.

Despite our lack of numbers in Michigan, the RL was very well represented! Susie and I tried to recruit anyone who would listen. I think we've got several really likely prospects. I hope we'll see them pop up here soon. And, maybe we'll also get appearance requests from some new organizations because of all the business cards that disappeared off the table.

I'm just starting to feel normal again and get my voice back, but at the same time, I miss the hype and excitement. I'm looking forward to the next biggie - COSi!

Regards,

M.
joe7049 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

I will definitely come to MI the next chance I get for something like that(or not remotely similar). You guys were great! You didn't know me, but you made me feel welcome! I had a great time spending time with all of you! Hope to meet you guys (and gals) again!

Joe Hella

Gypsy3p0 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

BOOYAH!

Photos are online. I didn't take many, obviously. But I like the ones I took. Great costumes, good times.

Next time, I'm so in costume and in there.

Photos
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

unshticking
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

The Midwest Garrison has begun an awesome quarterly newsletter to showcase major events around the region. There is an article and pictures from the DSO event included in the Spring Edition that you might enjoy!

I will be printing a copy to send to the DSO as a thank-you.

Regards,

M.
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

hey, can someone find out who does the MWG's website? maybe they can help us on ours Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: