Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a8f67d2fe88106f6961b15a902b2302dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Obi Wan FX Lightsaber

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rebel Kiwi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Obi Wan FX Lightsaber Reply with quote

Hi guys

My saber has died. I've tried changing batteries etc. but nothing works.
http://www.ultraforcesabers.com/files/1861163/uploaded/Obi-Wan_Kenobi_III_Dark%20%28small%29.jpg

Here's a link to a picture of the type I have.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to breath life back into my saber?

Thank you.
rogue9607 (Nick)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any direct suggestions on what to do with the saber, but I'd suggest posting the question on the FX forum as well.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I echo what Nick said, the FX forum or IRA forum may be of help. Not sure of your skill level but you may want to get it apart and check the switch as well as all the wire connections, something may have just come loose.

Of course, if it is more severe or you're not comfortable doing that, you can seek out a Sabersmith on either forum to try and diagnose the problem for you, but you have to ask yourself at that point, is it worth it? By the time you pay to ship to the smith, pay for the repair, and pay to ship back; it may be better to either just get a new one or consider an upgrade to a better blade/board combo.

Or, you can go all out, sell the FX saber as is and invest any capital into a better product. This is my own bias as I think the FX line is terribly inaccurate and are toys, my opinion only. I prefer the higher end stuff as far as display pieces and would rather put my cash into a quality hilt that is more accurate and durable. Again, this last paragraph is simply my opinion.

Good luck with whichever option you decide to go with and keep us posted on the outcome Smile

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: