Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0c7925e065d546297e6910dd7794f083Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

A-wing Helmet Suppliers

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> A- Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: A-wing Helmet Suppliers Reply with quote

Now we have TWO RL members making limited runs of A-wing helmets. Slightly different construction, slightly different details, slightly different pricing. You can find their postings here:

Luis (Ghostrider01): http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42565

Frank (ywingfighter): http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49063
Frank also offers the just the helmet greeblies as well: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47502)

*EDIT Gil: Links updated
Wolfgar ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the ghostrider helmet and I can attest that it is made of solid materials and is great in terms of accuracy.

a squadmate of mine recently ordered one from ywingfighter so I'll be able to do a side by side comparison soon! stay tuned!
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of the Ywingfighter helmets myself, and while I can't say how the size compares to the Ghostrider01 one, it looks pretty good. One thing that I definitely appreciate about the helmet is that it has the indentations in the front for the "vents", which makes life easier. Though it has to be cut and trimmed and glued together, unlike the Ghostrider01 version which (as far as I know) comes mostly assembled.
You can get the greeblies with the Ywingfighter helmet, so there's that, too.

Neither helmet has the cuts in the back sides so those still need to be added no matter which helmet you go with.

'Course, I haven't put mine together yet...

But no matter what helmet you go with you should have yourself a pretty good one.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Iron Edge (Ian Cook)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, did you have any other reference photos that have the back side vents besides the "auction green and yellow" helmet without the top part?

Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides the Hasbro A-wing pilot figure helmets (which have the cuts as well, but you have to take Hasbro figures with a grain of salt in the accuracy department), the only other picture I've seen where you can see them clearly is this one...

There's also the picture below. While it's really blurry it looks to me like it might have those cuts, or at least it has some noticeably dark lines on the helmet in the same spot where the cuts are on other A-wing pilot helmets.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> A- Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: