About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=664cb425ef6dbdadfaad2a3af163bb49Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

SLC Comic Con! Pass on the information!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Radiance ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: SLC Comic Con! Pass on the information! Reply with quote

Hey all-
SLC is having a Comic Con (it's in Sandy, but who's complaining) September 5-7th.

http://saltlakecomiccon.com/. Please share among the various forums and threads you visit! There are 3-Day and VIP passes still remaining. Get them soon!

Rogue Base will be having a booth there and we are playing with the idea of a Jail and Bail along with some other activities. We'd love to hear everyone's ideas.

Please pass on the information and the news. We'd love to have lots of people there.
dartoftruth ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://saltlakecomiccon.com/salt-lake-comic-con-moves-to-salt-palace-for-pop-culture-event-september-5-7-2013/
The con has moved to Salt Palace, Downtown SLC.

Which just made parking a whole lot more difficult.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dark Radiance ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, parking. They said that they are working out deals with parking structures around, however, if you can find parking somewhere downtown and doing mind riding TRAX (which is free in Downtown SLC), that is a possibility. And the station is right by the Salt Palace
jedi5150 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy!
We'll be attending all 3 days. I will be bringing R2! A couple other R2 builders will be bringing their droids as well. I've been in touch with Dark Radiance, and we'll be "parking" our droids in the RL booth when we aren't roaming the show floor with them.

Droids in attendance:

I'll also bring some props to help jazz up the RL booth. It depends on space in the vehicle how much I bring, but I have quite a few nice little rebel-related goodies, including a jedi training remote.

I'm happy to help staff the RL booth and promote the RL as well!
jedi5150 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went back through our pics from CV and CVI, and here's one picture I found of a display in the Rebel Legion area. Something like this would probably be pretty easy to do.

I'm sure we have more pics somewhere, I just have to dig them up.
jedi5150 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few more pics I found online.

I have a few things I could contribute to help with doing something like this. I won't be wearing my x-wing pilot costume, and although it needs some upgrades it would look great hanging there. As I mentioned, I have a jedi training remote, and a few blasters. Maybe some macrobinoculars if I can remember what box they're in. If I dig, I might have an extra x-wing chest box as well, not sure.

I'm very grateful that the RL is willing to share space with the R2 Builders, and I'm willing to contribute to the RL space to help make it a success.
dartoftruth ()

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're gonna have droids! Yes! That is so wizard! I'm stoked, those things are beautiful
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is awesome! I will be going for perhaps a day or two with some friends, and I just may come in my Jedi costume. There's no way I would pass on an opportunity to get a picture with such beautiful droids as those!

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
Dark Radiance ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug!! THANK YOU! Those kind of photos are exactly what I wanted to see. We're still trying to figure out how exactly we want to fill our 10X25 space and those kind of shelves and the "weapon board" is fantastic. . . . . .now to just try and figure out how to make it all.

I am so excited to have the Droids and the builders with us. Unity. That is what we want to portray. . . . that and awesomeness!
jedi5150 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome!
I've received confirmation on astromech.net that two more builders will be bringing their droids! Smile
Dark Radiance ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! The more, the merrier. If it looks like we'll be needing more room, I can see what I can do.

The Main Planning thread has been moved to the Events forum. Feel free to check it out and see what is going on.
Red Four (Bernard Finnigan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the event forum, there's only one event, something on Thursday, likely the least attended day of the con Neutral
Anything like a group picture scheduled? I'm only there on Saturday, but I'll be armed and ready with Plo Koon.

Rose Parade Veteran
Star Wars in Concert
Red Four (Bernard Finnigan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind I found the Events *correct* events thread (not in an obvious place).
A solution to the time for the group photo is SIMULTANEOUSLY with the 501st. That way we can take both groups one at a time, and then pose for a super photo. There was a group photo of at SDCC of DC Comics costumes with the bad guys on one side (Riddler, Bane, Harley Quinn) and good guys on the other (Batman, Zantana, Shazam), all in challenging poses getting ready to throw down. And it by far the coolest photo I saw come out of SDCC.
Yes I know, we all have duplicate memberships. But there's a lesson not to make this complicated by trying to get into multiple group photos at radically different times of day, of trying to have our cake and eat it too. Its not necessary. We all know we're all in the 501st. Lets just make a cool group photo.

Rose Parade Veteran
Star Wars in Concert
CrazedOne1988 (Chris Loomis)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I wanted to go to the con, but i had just gotten back from PAX (another con in seattle) and was pretty much broke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: