About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fbf0f27a54e5e1ee9468d9031c213d62Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

S1 Captain Rex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Animated clones
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady Aayla (Angele)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: S1 Captain Rex Reply with quote

A femme Rex? Wh-What? Un heard of! Razz Haha here's my progress on Rex! Slowly but surely, he is coming together quite nicely!!

This is how the armor looks ATM. Still need to trim it down to size, it's a little too big for me, but with a bit off the thighs I should be good.

I originally painted the armor grey, and then added a coat of white on top to give it a sort of grungy look before I weather it, and as a bonus, if it gets scuffed up, it will just look like more weathering!

Now here's the painted helmet, just need to add in the visor... having quite a bit of trouble with that part >.<

closer pics of a few pieces... I have bondoed them at this point but still need to sand that down...

Now I also bought the boots, the undersuit the pistols and the voice box thingger (yes, a thingger) I know I still need to make the Kama's and get gloves and a neck seal...

btw... where's a good place to get an animated clone neck seal?

Comments, suggestions? o.o[img][/img]
Imrageth (Roman Bela)
Legion Webmaster
Legion Webmaster

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to say "looking good brother" but uhmm.. It looks good, sister! Very Happy Great to see another female clone!

Yes, you definitely need to trim your thigs. The more you trim, the better mobility you will have. Obviously you shouldn't trim too much but if you do it slowly, you will find a good balance. I think you can also slightly lower your cod piece because there should be small gap between your chest and belt. It's not a big deal though..

If you are using Kev's helmet then you shouldn't have big problems with the visor as long as you use his templates to trim it. It just snaps in so it's very easy Smile

You can use a normal balaclava as your neckseal (that's what I use) or you can get a nice quality neckseal on the CTN forum.

Keep up the good work and post more pictures. Good luck!
Trading Cards Design Team

Lady Aayla (Angele)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha Very Happy

I'm not too worried on trimming the armor, it'll be a lt of stopping, trying it on, trimming and repeat. Also, I'm not sure if I CAN pull the cod piece down... I"ll have to give it a try once it's all hooked up properly... I've already had to extend the piece because of my womanly hips Embarassed

I didn't realize that Kevs visor just clicked in??? Embarassed Another look into this is required...

Thanks for the advice Very Happy

edit: just going to drop this here for my own reference Razz http://www.imperialsurplus.com/ag_lense.html
Imrageth (Roman Bela)
Legion Webmaster
Legion Webmaster

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't lower it down, don't worry Smile

And yeah, that's why I love his helmet, it's so easy to assemble! If you need some help, feel free to message me.
Trading Cards Design Team

BlackSnake (David Castellano)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good so far. It's a really nice start.

The helmet looks killer!!!

My bucket off to you!!
Q (Markus Zimmerman)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!
Phoenix 10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lady Aayla (Angele)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, here's the mostly finished product! have a few pieces to fix, one of the holsters just doesn't want to stay on... and my ab plate will not stay in place for the life of me... but... here I am;

(this one really shows what I mean with the ab plate)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Animated clones All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: