About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=89b78d1126aeba0ca00ac3d4d55627afMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New to Germany and Rebel Legion!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> German Base Yavin -> Öffentliches Forum -> Off-Topic (Dies und Das)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LearningtheArt ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: New to Germany and Rebel Legion! Reply with quote

Guten Tag! Very Happy I have read through the recent thread with the "Frenchie coming," and I appreciate the links to upcoming events. I will try to come to some of them. We were not able to come to FedCon because we just moved, but we may be volunteering there next year, so maybe we'll see you there, too! (My husband has been staffing the DragonCon Trek Track with Garrett Wang the past few years, and he'd like to keep working with him at FedCon here.)

I am from the U.S., and have just moved to the Wiesbaden area, where we will be living for 4 to 7 years. I do not know very much German yet, but I hope to get into some classes soon so I can improve! I have been learning about the Rebel Legion and the 501st, and I hope that this year is the year I can create my first costume. My goal is to create Mara Jade's green dress costume by the end of the year. I am a beginner costumer, but I am doing my best to increase my skills. My big projects before this were entries for the Miss Star Trek Universe pageant at DragonCon. (Please don't hate me for being a Trekkie, too! Wink )

I wanted to introduce myself so that I can keep track of upcoming events, get to know some of you a little bit, and perhaps get some pointers as I begin my project.

Are any of the members here closer to the Frankfurt/Wiesbaden/Darmstadt area?

Last edited by LearningtheArt () on Tue May 21, 2013 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs. Jedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Smile in Germany and welcome here !!
We living near Mannheim. 1 hour to Wiesbaden.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Last edited by Mrs. Jedi () on Tue May 21, 2013 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luke_Skywalker (Frank Sommer)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 8 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Germany and in our Subforum.
I live in Karlsruhe. It's round about 150km to Wiesbaden. Every year we will have our Taunuswunderland event two weeks before Whitsuntide. If you will need any help in creating your costume, we will help you.

MTFBWY
Frank

Nimé (Vanessa)
German Base CO
German Base  CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Leia Buns
Feel free to ask anything you want in our costume forum. Wink
Maybe we'll see at Celebration Europe II in July? Dance Chewie

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and have fun biggs

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we are looking at Celebration Europe, but we haven't decided yet whether we can go. I really should talk my husband into it!
MHG (Michael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...well i do...just on the other side of the rhine Wink
LearningtheArt ()

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have a neighbor, MHG!

Thank you to everyone who welcomed me! I hope to meet you sometime!

I don't think we'll make it to Celebration Europe this time; our daughter will be in German summer camp through most of July, and I think she'll be worn out from the long days. We will be at FedCon next year, hopefully as volunteers, but I hope we can come to something before that.

I have a silversmith friend looking at designs for Mara's brooch & belt already, and I hope to fix my sewing machine soon so I can get to work. It is not working properly after the move, and I don't know if it is broken, or if it just doesn't run smoothly on a transformer. It is an antique, so I think I will have to figure out how to fix it myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> German Base Yavin -> Öffentliches Forum -> Off-Topic (Dies und Das) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: