About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=31975d73d083cdba74484502a18834abMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

FIDM FAN DAY EVENT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Miana on 30 November 2005

Shawn, any news as to when we'll be getting the list and information?

Yes, I'd also appreciate an update via e-mail by this evening if at all possible. I will be travelling early Saturday morning and probably won't have internet access on my trip.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Queen Amidala on 02 December 2005

I would like to ask a favor of Royal Costumers, please bring copy of the list form Ep I Padme & Handmaiden MINIMUM Costume Standards and Padme Costume Standards with you if your attending Fan Day; so you can compare our color descriptions to the actual costumes.

Thanks and have a great time at the Exhibit, take lots of pictures and notes!

Phew, I'd like to help but I think it's just too much info for me to cover on my last trip. I will be taking my pantone guides and matching things I'm interested in first (picnic gown, blue tatooine)- then I'll go back if time permits and do my best to match other Padme costumes.

The yellow tinge in photos is a bit of a problem sometimes. But even the light that they use for the displays has an effect on the way the colors look. For example, Maggie (Padawan's Guide) and I noticed that the green velvet swatch from the book didn't seem to have as much yellow in it as the costume did on display when we were looking at it in person.
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Our "official" photographer has reported that FIDM is going to allow flash photography to FIDM Museum members between 10am and 11am on the 4th. I'll put in a request for him to get as many pics as he can of the Padmes/handmaidens.

Obviously he isn't going to be able to get everything in that small amount of time.

(If the Padme/Senetorial/Handmaiden standards are set, I'll go back to the topics and copy out the standards. I'm trying to create an online guide for members and potential members.)
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Grey Jedi on 02 December 2005

Our "official" photographer has reported that FIDM is going to allow flash photography to FIDM Museum members between 10am and 11am on the 4th. I'll put in a request for him to get as many pics as he can of the Padmes/handmaidens.

Obviously he isn't going to be able to get everything in that small amount of time.

(If the Padme/Senetorial/Handmaiden standards are set, I'll go back to the topics and copy out the standards. I'm trying to create an online guide for members and potential members.)

Holy Cow. Museum members - as in, people who paid for one of the museum membership passes?! Thanks so much for sharing that news! This would really be the best time for me to have an SLR camera (or bothered to learn how to use our 35mm or medium format cameras with various lenses sitting in the closet).

Honestly I will focus on a few photos of Han and Luke and then move on to Padme and Handmaidens in order of interest to me personally. I may stop for a few photos in the Jedi room too.

Thanks so much! (I wish the museum had sent out a message to those who bought the membership).

- Kathy

LizardJedi (Liz Hyde)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Snap! Flash allowed? That alone might make the membership worthwile...

Oh yeah, I'm taking my DSLR as well, if anyone wants to dump requests on me..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drac_Cave ()

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

all the 3PO you can get LIZ!!!!
Obi-Shawn (Shawn Crosby)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Everyone on the list has been contacted by cell phone, in person or by voicemail. If you haven't heard from me, but sent me an email to my G-Mail account, contact me at the number below. There are a couple of spots left.

For those of you returning, we will be in the same workshop/backstage are as last time. Parking should be free under the building, with no pass required as we aren't sharing with any Marathons this time.

Call is at 10 (to be suited up by 11), unless you'd like to come earlier or have indicated to me that you'll come later.

The rumors that Mark Hamill or Uncle George are showing up are unsubstantiated at this time, and unlikely.

If you have any questions, contact me at 310.908.IDEA.

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday!

Shawn
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Grey Jedi on 02 December 2005

The Padme/Senetorial/Handmaiden standards are almost set, I think that so in person viewing at FIDM to verify the colors is the last step.  Thank you to all that can help out.

FYI: Membership officer PtrsonsZOO  is already working on getting all the standards gathered up for each category and lists will be posted for all (members and potential members) to see. So you may want to check with PtrsonsZOO .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Grey Jedi on 02 December 2005

Our "official" photographer has reported that FIDM is going to allow flash photography to FIDM Museum members between 10am and 11am on the 4th.

Wow, flash photos, that great! 

And speaking of photos, ObiShawn or someone, if you see Christy Marie  (who was White Battle Padmé at the FIDM gala) , she (or her mother) have some photos of me with Trisha Biggar on their camera,  that I would love to have a copy of. If she could email me QueenAmidala@nyc.rr.com the photos that would be fantastic. (I can't find Christy Marie listed on RL site).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Christy posts on the 501st boards (actually I haven't see her post anything for a long time). She's not going to be there today, but I'll check with her next week.

Blasting off for FIDM!
Tigerantilles (Gregor Sink)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Oh that was fun.  I enjoyed myself once again.  Thanks you everyone.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Greg, you deserved a medal for playing with those kids most of the day.

I had a blast. It was great seeing everyone. And we met some fellow RL members from New York and Florida who came out for the event.

We had a great time just hanging out, viewing the exhibit, taking pictures (I'll have to post a link to the group shot). Dinner afterward was nice, and the Denny's staff did a good job handling the 30 of us who just showed up.

Also, the 501st guys are excited about our paintball event.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Can't wait to see photos!  (especially any with flash) . I have been keeping list of all the FIDM albums posted (on second post in this thread): Dressing A Galaxy: The Costumes of SW (photos!) 

Deralis ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

I had a Great time meeting many of you guys and gals for the first time!!!

To bad I didn't get many pics,

Once my RFT is perfected, I'll officially join the RL,

Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Here's a link to the "group shot" in front of the Christmas tree:

FIDM Group Shot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: