About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1d1071131b507a2369758fd2a24554eeMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ANH Leia Build Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annie Organa (Brianna)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: ANH Leia Build Thread Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd post a few photos of my Leia costume just to get a general opinion on it. I'm still working on it, trying to make it better with some subtle touches, so when I update it I'll add more photos.

It's not 100% RL standard-accurate, but it's getting there. If you've any tips, please feel free to share. I'm pretty new to all of this so I'm trying hard to get it right!

Anyway, here's the full costume:

It looks pretty good from this angle; the lack of slits in the gown is not noticable.

Two with the hood up:

Ignore the Jango blaster, I'm working on getting a DDC Defender to go with my Leia.

The back of the costume (this is a terrible angle, but it gives you an idea) :

Currently, I wear a wig with some of my hair sprayed over it to give it a natural-looking hairline, and the costume standards do state that it should be my real hair so after I grow it out I will attempt the buns myself.

Any thoughts? I'm trying to get my Leia costume as accurate as possible so by the time I can switch to the Rebel Legion from the Galactic Academy, I'm all good to go.

Please visit my costuming page! https://www.facebook.com/PrincessBCosplay
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised to see that it has to be your own hair. I was under the impression that a lot of Leias use wigs, so long as they look natural. Of course, if you can pull off the buns, that always looks the best, but I've known very few women who could pull off the buns properly. Do you have a build thread up in the Senatorial boards? An LCJ might be able to post there with better advice.

I think the costume looks pretty great myself. As you say, you need the slits in the legs. The hood looks really good. I'm not an expert on this costume by a long shot, but from where I sit it looks pretty great.

A good reference for the DDC Defender can be found here:

http://www.partsofsw.com/ddcanh.htm

But you may have a much easier time getting hold of an E-11, which is also a formal option for Leia.

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
The Sugar Jedi formerly known as The Grey Elf
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Annie Organa (Brianna)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a Leia who uses a wig, but I looked at the costume standards and it said the following:

Quote:
No braided hairpieces, wig with braided buns or fake hair “ear-muffs” with headband.

So, who knows. Maybe I can get away with wearing the wig, it looks quite natural on me. The color almost matches my real hair perfectly.

As far as the blasters are concerned, the Defender is smaller and honestly what I associate with Leia. The E-11 is always a "Stormtrooper blaster" to me so I don't really like carrying one.

Stretch (Jim Burns Jr.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad if I do say so myself. Looks pretty good.
Benae Quee (Kristin Mrozek Sirota)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can wear a wig, they just don't want the buns braided. They should be twisted as the original was. I wear a wig all the time since my real hair is red Wink
They also want natural hair colors and not blue or pink lol

Annie Organa (Brianna)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benae Quee wrote:
You can wear a wig, they just don't want the buns braided. They should be twisted as the original was. I wear a wig all the time since my real hair is red Wink
They also want natural hair colors and not blue or pink lol

Oh, okay! Thanks for clearing that up. My wig is twisted rather than braided...my absolute pet peeve is seeing people at conventions with braided Leia buns!

In fact, every other hairstyle she wears includes braids. The "cinnabun hair" is the only one that doesn't.

Annie Organa (Brianna)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gown now has slits!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: