About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=332fab16ff548ffcfb1505c41b64b8b7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

does anyone know or have

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jer'both Kryatbane (Shane Titchenal)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: does anyone know or have Reply with quote

im looking at the anikin belt from jedirobe america does anyone here have that perticular belt? is it as thick as it looks on their site?

im just not happy with my belt is works and looks like a nice one from afar but its really on the thin side and i think i just want a more hefty belt.

the one at jedirobeamerica is pleather but its only 40 bucks i have seen ones for like 150 but dont have that many credits so i was looking for a happy medium
lgtsbr ()

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took a look at it and, while I don't own one personally, to be honest it isn't very accurate to any of the movie belts I've seen, it seems like more of a custom job that is being advertised as accurate, which is wrong, IMO. They use the wrong buckle for the front, the rivet spacing just seems off to me (could be the pics), and they say the main belt is 2" wide, it should be 2 1/4" wide. Even their Obi Wan belt is listed as wrong, should be 2 1/4" main belt and 1/2" accent belt, not 2" and 3/4" respectively.

I can't seem to find where they say they use pleather (or did I read your post wrong?), I see they say Leather Belt. The accent belt still looks a bit thin to be, but it is hard to tell from a picture.

I'm not sure what costume you are going for, be it Anakin or custom. I would be leary myself but I have stared at Jedi Belts for years (and years, and years) now and always look for certain things.

I hope this helps you a bit Smile

Dave
sze-wan ()

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedirobe.com (and jedirobeamerica.com) are resellers of "CostumeBase" kit from singapore.
These are the same items that you can find at costumebase on Ebay, and at Utopiabase.com on the web.

You will find the belt is made of very thin sheet-vinyl (PVC). It looks the part, but very likely, it will not hold the weight of a metal lightsaber.
Good Luck in your Quest.

[edit] from your profile it seems this might be the same belt you already own.
I had good luck with CustomProps from argentina.
Their belt is all leather, "hand made", and will cost roughly around $75 after shipping.
(note: it has the 'screen accurate' accent belt which wraps all the way around the back of the belt in one piece -- be sure to order the variant with the "functional buckle").
Again, Good Luck in your Quest.

Last edited by sze-wan () on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
SithariRog (Roger Allen)
Legion Membership Officer
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved thread to the general Jedi forums Wink

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
Jedi Knight Obi (Chad Pulliam)
Blue Ridge Base XO
Blue Ridge Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane.. this is the belt I have from Claudio.. and so far I'm very satisfied. Sending you a link to the store on ebay so that you can browse his store.

http://stores.ebay.com/Argentina-WorldWide/_i.html?rt=nc&_sid=398147521&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1

Blue Ridge Base XO
Nexus Temple Master
NC Regional Captain-Eastern North Carolina
lgtsbr ()

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good looking belt. Buckle is def right and the rivets look great as well Smile

My only critique, which seems to vary by who you talk to, is that it uses a velcro closure. I have talked, and seen, many costumers who refuse to velcro at all costs only because it can catch and pull their costume. I personally used velcro when I started out and didn't really have any trouble, since that time I have moved to snaps for a static accent belt and the correct, IMO, movie closure.

Dave
Jedi Knight Obi (Chad Pulliam)
Blue Ridge Base XO
Blue Ridge Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the rivot into the hole enclosure (like a real belt) with the snaps holder. The holes wallowed out for me after 2 yrs of trooping using the same holes. So now I'm trying the velcro.

Blue Ridge Base XO
Nexus Temple Master
NC Regional Captain-Eastern North Carolina
lgtsbr ()

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad, that's exactly why I believe the movie belts were strictly pressure closures, no rivets or snaps or velcro. I believe the main belt simply slides into the back keeper and the accent belt is what keeps everything closed and tight. Again, that's just my opinion of it.

Dave
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always confused about all the negative talk about costumebase's belts. I ordered one about 3 years ago and have found it to be outstanding quality. It's faux leather, but is NOT thin--it's extremely heavy and thick, and easily holds a metal saber hilt of several pounds for a few hours of trooping. My brother-in-law who is an accomplished leatherworker (and recently did heavy work on my Imperial Knight belt) looked at it and said he found it fairly impressive for what it is.

Have they changed their belts in the past few years, or are people just talking based on unfounded rumor or a hate-on for costumebase?

I'm asking seriously, because my belt from there does not match the negative reports AT ALL.

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
The Sugar Jedi formerly known as The Grey Elf
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sze-wan ()

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugar Jedi wrote:

Have they changed their belts in the past few years

yes.

The old ones were thicker, but still not real leather. They were made of pressed cloth laminated in many layers, with a single "leather like" layer on top. It had a worn, almost suede-like appearance. and yes it was extremely thick.

The new ones are made of sheet vinyl with fake stitching embossed on the surface. They are roughly the thickness of a dime.
sze-wan ()

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight Obi wrote:
Shane.. this is the belt I have from Claudio.. and so far I'm very satisfied. Sending you a link to the store on ebay so that you can browse his store.

http://stores.ebay.com/Argentina-WorldWide/_i.html?rt=nc&_sid=398147521&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1

This is the same one I was talking about. the off-ebay store is called "Custom-Props.com"

I find the velcro to be redundant, as the accent belt is all one piece (like the movie belts);
this accent belt could hold the entire thing closed with no velcro on the main belt.

lgtsbr wrote:
Chad, that's exactly why I believe the movie belts were strictly pressure closures, no rivets or snaps or velcro. I believe the main belt simply slides into the back keeper and the accent belt is what keeps everything closed and tight. Again, that's just my opinion of it.

Dave

this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: