About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7b528d8949707056d7e27a10d8053b00Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

FIDM FAN DAY EVENT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obi-Shawn (Shawn Crosby)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Greets, all! I have Fan day info, and sign-up info as well.

Fan Day:

Date: Sunday, Dec. 4th, 2005

Time: 10 AM - 5 PM (Museum opens at 11)

919 S. Grand Ave, L.A. CA 90015

Notes-

ADMISSION:

There has been a little confusion regarding Fan Day, and it is continuing still. Smile Despite rumours to the contrary, FANS IN COSTUME DO NOT GET IN FOR FREE ON FAN DAY. I'm not yelling here, I just want to make certain no one misses it and is dissapointed when they find they need a ticket. FIDM would love to let everyone in for free, but simply can't afford to.

I believe this confusion has come from the Society Membership, which, if you have one, DOES allow you in without a ticket, and gives you 15% off sales in the gift shop.

The only people that can get to see the exhibit for free are those that are selected to work the event. More about that below.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO ATTEND IN COSTUME, WHETHER WORKING OR VISITING.

COSTUME CONTEST:

There will be a costume contest, with prizes awarded for a variety of categories. The "Best in Show" prize looks like it will be an unnumbered limited-edition "Trade" version of the Exhibit book. Other prizes may include Exhibit shop gift certificates, and show-exclusive goodies.

KID STUFF:

There will be a bunch of things for kids to do- saber fighting classes, coloring stations, etc., so bring the little ones out.

VOLUNTEERS:

We have room for 40 costumed volunteers, who will receive admission to the museum and food vouchers for the event. We will have a changing area, be plyed with water, and generally be taken care of by FIDM.

If you'd like to be considered, please send me a message

by e-mail by clicking here, or from my web page at www.h-wing.com.

Please include your:

Full Name

Costume(s) you wish to wear

Cell Phone Number

Hours you can attend (All or timeslot)

If you worked the last Fan Day or other FIDM event.

If you have other questions you don't want to post here, indicate you'd like a call back.

Thanks, everyone, and I'm looking forward to seeing you there!

Shawn
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, Shawn. E-mail sent.
Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Same here... Master Kenobi and Siri Tachi have also sent their e-mail.
Gavin_Nightstrider ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Nightstrider here, and email sent.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

w00t w00t, email sent!

zhi-don ()

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

email sent
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Thanks for the update - I sent a revised e-mail as well Smile

- Kathy
Vandor Theric ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Hey guys I will see ya there.
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

I sent my email too. I hope the slots aren't all filled yet!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tyrian Kell ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

My friends mother runs the show at FIDM, so I believe I'll be getting in for free, but I will be available for any duties that might be needed of me. Just feel free to ask!

Eliot

P.S. Shawn, I hope the H-Wing is close to being back up and running!
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Shawn, any news as to when we'll be getting the list and information?
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

I would like to ask a favor of Royal Costumers, please bring copy of the list form Ep I Padme & Handmaiden MINIMUM Costume Standards and Padme Costume Standards with you if your attending Fan Day; so you can compare our color descriptions to the actual costumes.

Thanks and have a great time at the Exhibit, take lots of pictures and notes!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

The Padme section alone is 10 pages long! LOL.

I'll do my best, but if I'm working the event I'll have to delegate to another member.
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Grey Jedi on 02 December 2005

The Padme section alone is 10 pages long! LOL.

Only the revised stuff  at the beginning of the Padme Costume Standards one counts the rest is tweeks the the original few posts.  And if it's Amdiala EPI then it's on the Ep I Padme & Handmaiden MINIMUM Costume Standards list already.  There are over 40 costumes for Amidala and Padame, so yeah it's a long list.

Royal and Senatorial has to be the biggest group of costumes. Amdiala/Padame (plus handmaidens) have more costumes per movie then some other categories have for EP 1 -6.

We are also finding that photos are looking rather yellow of the costumes in that room. And I ran out of time to make Pantone and color notes when I was at FIDM. So any help will be much appreciated Thanks!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
LizardJedi (Liz Hyde)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: FIDM FAN DAY EVENT Reply with quote

The yellow tint probably comes from the lighting, and the lack of flash. It wouldent be that hard to change the photo around to neutralize the yellowing, but, yeah, notes work too I guess
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: