About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=47ab25fbd8c93f802179d173e7401459Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Possible B-wing Pilot Helmets...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> B-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soraken Bolt ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The smooth cast products dries to a very solid plastic and does not need any additional support. If you are slush casting a piece, once a layer is dried you can add additional layers to get the thickness you want.

I have made a number of one and two part molds with their rubber products and have cast blasters and some pieces I'll be using for my Endor Commando bandolier. I will be slush casting the head piece for my Lobot in the next month or so. There are a number of tutorials on their website that can give you more information.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soraken Bolt wrote:
The smooth cast products dries to a very solid plastic and does not need any additional support. If you are slush casting a piece, once a layer is dried you can add additional layers to get the thickness you want.

I have made a number of one and two part molds with their rubber products and have cast blasters and some pieces I'll be using for my Endor Commando bandolier. I will be slush casting the head piece for my Lobot in the next month or so. There are a number of tutorials on their website that can give you more information.

Ah, thanks. I'll have to look into that.

I have a bucket of rubber from TAP that still has a fair bit of it left, and I think that should be enough to make a mold or two-- I hope. So I think I have that covered, at least. I'll just have to look into that Smooth-On resin.

B-wing Pilot - Anomid Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Soraken Bolt ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any questions about the Smooth-On products send me a PM. I'll be happy to help any way I can.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soraken Bolt wrote:
If you have any questions about the Smooth-On products send me a PM. I'll be happy to help any way I can.

Sure thing. Thanks!

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ywingfighter (Frank)

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alec,
any news of your project?
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ywingfighter wrote:
Alec,
any news of your project?

Not yet, no. As I mentioned, I probably wont start these until sometime this Summer, which hasn't started for me yet. I still have a few more weeks of college (three, I think?), so I wont really have time before that. When Summer starts I'll have plenty of time to get to work on it.

Though I have done some sort of work on it, mostly that I've been looking at products things like that. I still haven't completely figured out how I'm going to make the mold-- I have the rubber to make it, I'm just not sure how exactly I'm going to do it yet.
I have figured out that the helmet will probably come in two pieces. I'll also include with it the wedge-shaped greeblie that goes on the top and the spark plug-like greeblie that goes on the left side. But because there are two different versions of the helmet (two different sets of greeblies), the others will be separate, so when someone orders a helmet they can choose which set of greeblies they want.
As for the greeblies, for both styles, the sets will come with everything but the wires, computer connector and chin strap. That will also include the microphone head and possibly the bendable arm, but I'm not sure on the arm yet (but the parts for that can be found at most local hobby stores, it's just a piece of black plastic tubing that covers an RC car antenna and a thin copper pipe that's also used for hobbies-- the copper pipe lets it bend).

I'm not sure about the price yet, I'll have to wait and make a couple and see how long it takes me.

On another note, my mother, who has done most of the sewing, is thinking of starting to sell the pilot AN-H-15 cloth caps and the gaiters.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
seba1983 (Sebastiano)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful idea .... how's the project?

Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got... a little behind. Heh. Sorry.

I've been trying to finish my Jedi outfit by the end of a September for a big troop, so most of my time has been spent trying to get that together as quickly as I can. After that I plan to get serious about the helmet. I don't imagine it will take too long to get the helmet going seeing as most of it is already finished, it's just a matter of doing a little more sanding, making a mold, a mother mold, and then casting the thing.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> B-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: