About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=50a98ac9a4a9dfd08f396c9b839e3cefMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Winter Festival to benefit Toys for Tots 12/14/13
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Winter Festival to benefit Toys for Tots 12/14/13 Reply with quote

Invite for Toys for Tots Festival next December. Let's have a nice showing for this please.

Winter Festival to benefit Toys for Tots
FB www.facebook.com/t4tevent
Web http://www.tftwinterfestival.com/ (under construction)
Date 12/14 10am to 4pm at the Kimberton Fairgrounds Indoor flex building
Address to use is
762 Pike Springs Rd
Phoenixville, PA 19460

There is no limit on characters, dressing area is pipe and drape along back of building behind where your set up with me (similar to last year) where only RL and 501st can access it. It will be 15ft by 60ft.

Your space will include 2 16' tables in the shape of an 'L' in the rear corner of the building and enough space for characters to come in and out from behind the tables, with 15' clearance on the front of the table. THis set-up will be identical to last year, the only difference is bigger since we have more space.

We do not have a limit on characters, however we are requesting the droid builders (they were a HIT last year), C3PO, Chewbacca, Handsome Luke, Pilots, Leah, Rebel Trooper, any Jedi you have that wish to come.

This year, troopers will have to pack a lunch, we are on a much more limited budget this year Sad
Jaren Valnor (Ryan Miorelli)
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handsome Luke, they say? Hmm. Can't pass it up, I guess Mr. Green

This Jedi has served on 91 missions and counting!

DZ-40201 Garrison Carida: First to advance, last to retreat!
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, last year this event was AMAZING. Worth the drive from, well, anywhere. And this year it doesn't even conflict with SCC so let's make it even better!

D-3po ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im In...the gold..of course.
Very Happy
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was great last year! Ill be in my clone commander Bly ( assuming its done by then ) if not my jedi

18 " aggressive negotiations "
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patience Tew has already post advertisements on FB. Focusing on Stars Wars - the characters for the Heroes; Chewbacca, Han, Leia, and Luke plus R2. She also has a very nice winter snowflake with the Imperial Cog and Rebel Bird in on the add.

I inquired to Dave over on Terrapin Base to see if he is open to make a return. If not we need to recruit a Han. Princess will go to Christine (I'm sure she will have her kit approved by this date.) Ryan is there a way for you to work on a kit of Farm boy Luke?

There has to be a way to find someone for Old Ben.
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endorscout64 wrote:
Ryan is there a way for you to work on a kit of Farm boy Luke?

Sure can! Feel free to PayPal all funds to rdmio18252@yahoo.com Rolling Eyes . Also please don't assume people can troop, like you did with Christine. The way events work is that if people can attend, they sign up.

I know you're trying to do a good thing, but this isn't how events work...it could be construed as unduly pressuring people into doing an event. We do this for fun, not for a job.

sgt carida (Wally Peters)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endorscout64 wrote:
Patience Tew has already post advertisements on FB. Focusing on Stars Wars - the characters for the Heroes; Chewbacca, Han, Leia, and Luke plus R2. She also has a very nice winter snowflake with the Imperial Cog and Rebel Bird in on the add.

I inquired to Dave over on Terrapin Base to see if he is open to make a return. If not we need to recruit a Han. Princess will go to Christine (I'm sure she will have her kit approved by this date.) Ryan is there a way for you to work on a kit of Farm boy Luke?

Should whoever made this event let them know that specific characters can't be confirmed or made to attend? If command doesn't or whoever sets it up makes those promises it makes Echo Base and the Rebel Legion look bad. If ANYONE ever confirms Captain Rex or Anakin as being at an event and they don't ask me first I can tell you for 110% I will not attend that event no matter the cause. You ask first.

I will also tell you I am 99% sure chewbacca won't be there since this is the same day as Garrison Carida's annual toy drive in Carlisle. I would be shocked if Marty wasn't with Carida because that is where we get the majority of toys for our hospital visits.

Nice job Tim:-(
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgt carida wrote:
Should whoever made this event let them know that specific characters can't be confirmed or made to attend?

Patience has already been made aware of this a while ago... I trooped the very first event she requested from us and although she was confirmed to have several members, when some backed out and only two of us showed up she was more than grateful for our appearance.

sgt carida (Wally Peters)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endorscout64 wrote:

Should whoever made this event let them know that specific characters can't be confirmed or made to attend? If command doesn't or whoever sets it up makes those promises it makes Echo Base and the Rebel Legion look bad. If ANYONE ever confirms Captain Rex or Anakin as being at an event and they don't ask me first I can tell you for 110% I will not attend that event no matter the cause. You ask first.

I will also tell you I am 99% sure chewbacca won't be there since this is the same day as Garrison Carida's annual toy drive in Carlisle. I would be shocked if Marty wasn't with Carida because that is where we get the majority of toys for our hospital visits.
Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated in the post there is a request for charactors. I did not promice anything or confirm an apperace of any charactor to anyone. Nor did anyone in Echo Command. Of course this event is open to all members. Hopefully the charactors they are requesting can attend. But again we are volunteers and nothing is set in stone.
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just mention that the ad showcases specific characters, I did know say that the characters were going to attend. It would be nice if the characters that are on the ad would attend (if possible), plus, I haven't had any contact with Patience in the regard to this event. Nor have I said anything to convey the participation of the this base to the event.

I just state that there is a nice ad about the event.
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endorscout64 wrote:
If not we need to recruit a Han.

Endorscout64 wrote:

Endorscout64 wrote:
Princess will go to Christine (I'm sure she will have her kit approved by this date.)

"need" "has to be" "will go"...Tim, please calm down. The way events work are that people see it and post up if they want to attend. I like having face characters too, but you're being extreme, not to mention you are not on Echo Base command staff and you aren't a point-of-contact for this event.

Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That said, Christine and Dave, it would be great to troop with you guys [and you should get the damn kit approved already, Princess Evil or Very Mad ] but please don't feel that you *MUST* attend this event. We're grateful for anyone who volunteers as always.

uzthe4c (Gary Haertter)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a blast if there is room for another Luke. Dont want to step on anyones' toes. I may have other 501st gear to bring to swap out.
G-man
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: