About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4a898a65dfef5e68bd0aedddf2e4fbbfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ohio - COSI SW Exhibit - June 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alderaan Base -> Alderaan Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Ohio - COSI SW Exhibit - June 2006 Reply with quote

UPDATE 11/25:

Today Kim and representatives from the 501st spoke with Carli at COSI, and we have some further details about the event:

Thursday, June 1, 2006: Thursday is 501st only, and even then it will only be about 10 people total. Rebel Legion is not required for Thursday at all.

Friday, June 2: 6 PM- 3 AM: They want Friday loaded with everyone. They literally want 100 of us the rest of the weekend, so I hope we can do it. There will also only be one of each face character at a time allowed on Friday-- one Padme, one Anakin, one Luke, etc. We will do a rotating schedule so everyone will get the chance to take the spotlight. All other movie-canon costumes are permitted on Friday, so we can fill the place with as many pilots, Jedi, and RFTs that we want.

Saturday, June 3: 10 AM-5PM: Same as Friday except two Padmes will be allowed on Saturday, but not from the same movie. That means we can't have two pregnant padmes or two Queen Amidalas. All other rules from Friday apply.

Sunday, June 4: 12-6: Same as Saturday.

The rest of the exhibit: If people who are local or near Columbus and want to go on their own the rest of the event and volunteer in costume, you will be able to get a free pass and go to the exhibit. The weekend after this is a VIP event probably featuring Tony Daniels, so if you can go to that as well that would be great.

Like I said, we will be going on a rotating schedule for face characters. I don't think we'll work out times until we see what kind of response we get, but Kim and I feel this is the best and most fair way to do it.

Also, the museum has requested that our face characters look like the people they are portraying, so no blonde Padmes or red-headed Lukes or short Chewies. It's all canon all the time.

People wil be decided on by Kim, myself, Phyllis, even though I haven't asked her yet. I'm CO, Phyllis is XO, and Kim is the Ohio State Captain, so it makes the most sense. Two of the three of us will have to agree in order for people to participate. People will also have to send us new costumed photos for the approval process-- I mean like get in your costume today and take a new picture and send it to me. Your membership photos will not be used to determine whether or not you can partipate in this event. COSI is very adamant about quality and presentation, so we're not going to take any chances.

This is going to be an exciting weekend for all of us, and we've got some great things that we'll be able to talk about in the next month or two in terms of incentives, but I can't talk about them until they've been finalized. This is a huge event for the Rebel Legion and all Star Wars costumers in general, and it's just gonna kick butt.

We're gonna be great.

-------------------------------------------------

Hi Alderaan Base,

The Midwest Base wanted to give you a heads up about an event coming our way in June 2006.

The Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit will be coming to the COSI Columbus museum following its stint in Boston. The museum will be looking for a costumed presence for the opening weekend, June 2-4, 2006. We'd like to have as many Rebels in attendence as possible.

The Ohio Garrison (501st) will be taking the lead in coordinating this event with the museum, so they have set up a forum where all information will be dispersed. Please visit the Ohio Garrison Forum for all the details. You will need to register for their forum in order to post.

We hope to see many of you at the event!
Regards,
M.

padmeelaina

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Ohio - COSI SW Exhibit - June 2006 Reply with quote

Thanks and hope to see you again soon!

Gabrielle

hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Ohio - COSI SW Exhibit - June 2006 Reply with quote

original post updated
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Phantom6 (Justin Craig Manning)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Ohio - COSI SW Exhibit - June 2006 Reply with quote

count down it now at 3 days !!!!!

I can not wait to get to COSI and see the exhibit again, with lots of my friends from BOTH SIDES of the groups..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alderaan Base -> Alderaan Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: