About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=099facd19b2e1a9095251d669e4d1cd6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome New Members -tell us about yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Ryloth Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurrion Daisho ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Photos attempt 2 Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation, I've clicked the images and gone to "copy image location" which has given me a different URL. The photos are showing up in the preview this time - sorry if they come up too big!

Any feedback is welcome.
Aurrion Daisho
Master Vos (Tim)
Ryloth Base CO
Ryloth Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurrion Daisho your costume seems to have the basic elements that are needed but with out more photos of different area's of your costume I cannot make any more suggestion atm.

I would suggest you make a post in the forum below, the members their will be able to give you the best feedback regarding your costume.

Jedi

Do you have any more photos that you can post up like a left and right side of your costume. A photo of the back of your costume?

Do you have a close up photos of your belt, boots, tabards without your plastic armour on?

Also do you have any pouches, food pellets or covertec clip to attach your lightsaber too?

Ryloth Base Website
Ryloth Base FB Page
_Master_Skywalker_ ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the pictures it appears to be a Rubies Obi Wan.Unfortunately it would take quite some mods to get it up to specs I believe.

If you wanted to buy something ready to wear that is approvable, have a look at Museum Replicas. They have whole outfits that are pretty good and members do get approved in them. You can even design your own custom Jedi from mix n match pieces.

Aurrion Daisho ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your response.

Master Vos, unfortunately several of the foam plates are sewn into the fabric so would be difficult to remove, but I've decided I'm going to replace it with an authentic tunic.

Master Skywalker, I've had a look at Museum Replicas as you suggested.
I very much like the idea of being able to mix and match costume pieces and plan to order them soon.

I'd just like to check before I do though - if I'm seeking approval as my own Jedi Knight rather than any particular character from the films, are there any rules on which pieces I can use?

Or is it a requirement that all members have at least one official movie character costume?

I'm looking at getting a black tunic and charcoal tabard, but would like to use my own cloak and boots, make my own belt, and source the shirt and pants from elsewhere.

Let me know what would be best - I'm determined to get this just right.

Aurrion Daisho
_Master_Skywalker_ ()
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, no problems- it can be a custom Jedi character it only needs to meet with the Jedi costume standards & you should be fine to create a character.

Commander_Barriss (Sarah)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aurrion,

Just to help out here are the Generic Jedi Standards that you will need to follow for approval:

Jedi

Required:

1. Outer tunic, long-sleeved. Colors can include brown (and all other earth tones), black, grey or white. Also allowed are muted greens, blues, and reds. No loud colors (a few examples being sharp red, pink or neon green). If in doubt, contact a Legion Costume Judge for color confirmation before construction. The combination of red and black in a singular costume is a Sith derivative and is not permitted. Costume Judge is the final authority on color. No karate/judo gi or gi like construction allowed.
2. Tabards in similar allowed color palette as described in outer tunic. Must extend at least to bottom of tunic in front. Tabards can end at obi in rear, but may extend past tunic level if desired. Scarf-style "around-the-neck" tabards, and vest with attached tabards are also acceptable.
3. Obi/sash in similar allowed color palette as described in outer tunic.
4. Black or Brown belt (all belts should be proportional to wearer):

* Style A: Similar to Prequel Jedi belts: Wide leather main belt with a thinner secondary belt on top of the main belt, and a movie-style buckle on the secondary belt. Thinner secondary belt cannot be loose or "sag".
* Style B: Similar to Luke’s utility belts: Singular wide leather belt with a rectangular, octagonal or oval unadorned buckle.

5. Lightsaber (No toy sabers, no Ultimate FX short saber). Lightsaber can be a static prop ("hilt-only") -- attached blade, LED lights, and sound effects, are allowed but not required. No red or black blades. Double-blade sabers are allowed.
6. Covertec clip or hook/clip for lightsaber on belt.
7. Pants or skirt in similar allowed color palette as described in outer tunic.
8. Brown or Black Boots – Leather or leather-like; must rise at least to the calf, but not above the knee. No rubber boots allowed. No visible laces. Straps & shin-spats are allowed but not required. The color of the belt and boots must match, but shade variation between the two items is permitted.
9. No visible t-shirts.

Formal Requirements:

You must have at least three items from the list to be formal.

1. Large Jedi robe or cloak, similar to movie canon robes/cloaks, in allowed color palette, with attached hood.
2. Leather or leather-like belt pouches (at least 2)
3. Full or false inner tunic in similar color scheme as outer tunic (dickie / full & mock turtlenecks, mandarin style collars ok). If optional inner tunic is used and long sleeved, then outer tunic may be sleeveless.
4. Food pellets (at least one set of 4).
5. A-99 Aqua breather.
6. Jedi communicator.
7. Droid caller.

arcticfox ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess its time i did one.....

FORUM NAME: arcticfox

REAL NAME: interestingly, many actually only know me as arcticfox, and even those whom do know my real name call me Fox ..... sometimes im know to answer to Fox first.... Bruce is such a silly name anyway! the forum name originated long before the costuming - a story left to tell if asked only.... it involves Stunt Lemmings, a very precise number of sambucca shots, and mathematically and scientifically substantiated parameters Wink

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT US?: being as ive been a part of SW groups in australia for a loong time, i have known about the Rebel Legion since its birth, as too the 501st Legion - watched the beginnings and growth of Tatooine Base with interest and goodwill, but always had a soft spot for the armor, so served around 8 years in the 501st (including a stint at the Squad Leader helm for the SDS), before putting my money where my mouth is and timing the Rebel Legion approval with the new Rex build - a strong believer in the strength of SA starwars fandom through the good joint enterprises between both groups and hopefully a contributing factor in the evolution from "darker times". SA is full of great SW fans, and will always have Foxes paw Wink proudly happy to have been a small part of the birth of the Ryloth Base, and its happy coexistance with the Southern Dewbacks Squad. Dual-Purpose Fox!

FAVOURITE STAR WARS CHARACTER: when i first saw the tantive 4 explode onto the screen when my nanna took me to see it, mr Vader stunned me beyond belief, and of course i was swinging my stick in the backyard training to be a jedi the next day like everyone else - but Boba Fett grabbed me the most later. he remained my favorite for a long time, before Qui Gonn Jin captured my attention....and saw me as an adult, swinging a TOY in public, training upcoming jedi.....
- the Clone Wars brought me Rex. now i serve the jedi i once trained.
......but i dont REALLY have a favorite......at least not just one. Chewie and the driods have always had a special effect on me for some reason - our members with these characters on show get a platonic cuddle from Rex every now and again because of this. sorry guys.

FAVOURITE STAR WARS MOVIE: im one of the rare breed that sees the whole storyline as one big picture....so again, no real favorites. but if pushed, i do like EP3, Ep5 and the Clone Wars....

FAVOURITE TV SHOWS: sooooo many, but the 4 year old gets the remote the most in our house these days....
BSG, Heroes, Big Bang, Who Do You Think You Are? Clone Wars, Community, Qi, Chuck, and soooo many more - diversity be thy name
Movies follow a similar theme, with the stronghold of the best from LotR, Matrix, PiratesOtC, Startrek, ANY Marvel renditions or SciFi/Fantasy themed movies.....

COSTUMES YOU HAVE: (Rebel or Imperial) had the first ever phase1 clone ARC trooper approved in the Australian branch of the 501st 8 years ago, which underwent an evolution from the standard trooper through to the first appearance of Captain Rex paintjob in line with the Clone Wars movie premier.
after all those years it became sadly dated, and funds shortage meant its sale to fund the upgrade. it now resides on display in the home of a fan of the suit. im allowed visits if i want, but yet to take the offer up Wink
phase2 Captain Rex is the only SW costume i currently have, RL approved....... still pondering 501st reapproval.......dont ask....
a very nasty Qui Gonn Jin is somewhere, a leftover from early Parsec group days, but not likely to see the light ever again!
non SW costumes clutter the wardrobe, all from some of my favourite movies: Captain Jack Sparrow, Matrix Neo, LotR Borimir, LotR Gimli, to name but a few...... even have a Cookie Monster head somewhere. Capt Jack is the one i love the most -acting drunk and salt addled is disturbingly fun Wink

COSTUMES YOU'D LIKE TO MAKE: looking to do a male Twi'lek to fill the Ryloth ranks - as a starting point. would love to expand on that to do an Awing pilot, and an Old Republic Tott Doneeta jedi.... would LOVE to do a tauntaun, bantha, or wampa!
currently have a long term project going building a 7 foot high Space Wolf Marine, from the Warhammer 40k realm. hoping to have ready for next years OzCon.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU ARE INTO OR LIKE TO TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF - not that big on talking about myself per-say, but happy to answer questions. (dont let Rex's intimidating visor stop you!0
- am into a broad range of stuff, and have enjoyed things from being an inline roller hockey goalie, to snowboarding, roleplay and table top gaming, and much more. love watching movies and reading books from a broad range of genres, especially those that challenge my perception of things and inspire my personal evolution. put a lot of time into my work and family as they will always be my greatest passion, but often find it hard to leave a creative opportunity pass by....... both Legions have often been guilty of being suppliers to this addiction.... 8 years of trading card design and logo concepts for the 501st can attest to this..... now its the Rebels turn - sorry guys!

Last edited by arcticfox () on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:58 pm; edited 7 times in total
ameph ()
Ryloth Base XO
Ryloth Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome brother Fox Cool
arcticfox ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Brother!

i may have put down a lot more than i had intended to....he tends to prattle......but both old and new, is Fox, non?

Wink

whos next?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FORUM NAME: Doggerus (never figured out how to change that on here either... )

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT US?: 501st

FAVOURITE STAR WARS CHARACTER:Vader and Yoda

FAVOURITE STAR WARS MOVIE:Return of the Jedi

FAVOURITE TV SHOWS:How much time you got. Game of Thrones and Sons of Anarchy are towards the top tho.

COSTUMES YOU HAVE: Standard TK - Stormtrooper 501st approved and the Balsa RC currently awaiting new thighs for completion. (here is hoping)

COSTUMES YOU'D LIKE TO MAKE: With the redesign of my shed and many new tools n workspaces to be had hopefully any and all....too many to think of right now. there is talk of a few costumes that while RL approvable, will just look ridonkulous however highly amusing. ill let you figure those out!
Finishing the dang RC is the main priority at the moment tho.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU ARE INTO OR LIKE TO TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF - Could rattle on for ever and i figure you lot know me well enough by now.
Hadnt been around these parts for awhile and figured i would better catch up and get back on here. Hopefully the RC will see some progress in the near future and will eventually get completed along side my mate Ruffys RC Scorch. Will be nice to have us both up and running and dual legioned. Smile

cya!
Master Vos (Tim)
Ryloth Base CO
Ryloth Base CO

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its good to see you on the boards again Mr Giant Smile

Ryloth Base Website
Ryloth Base FB Page
Mr Giant ()

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pleasure to be here. thanks for the name change assistance btw.
Baby steps to getting the RC done n hopefully i can sign up properly.

Smile
firebird ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see you back in here mate, I am soooo looking forward to seeing your RC done it's not funny, as well as pretty much every one else in SA.
when it's done I think we should have an Endor style celebration for you (ie, fire works , bad hair, bad dancing and some one ends up on fire).
Been watching your build as well as Ruffy's with great interest since the start.
I look forward to seeing Lord Utini as well Razz
Ryloth Base XO
Ryloth Base XO

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad dancing I can do,

Bad hair I may find challenging! Wink
Master Vos (Tim)
Ryloth Base CO
Ryloth Base CO

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone thinks they are a great dancer after a few drinks or so. Some of us just know better that we could never dance in the first place!!!

I like the idea of a party, certainly a worthwhile celebration Very Happy

We all had hair once some of us just have a lot less of it now!

At least you have proof that you had long hair once upon a time ameph Smile

Ryloth Base Website
Ryloth Base FB Page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Ryloth Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: