About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e3d1fe3aeb8bb7975b07a028159ecedfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Free Comic Book Day in Mandeville 5/4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dagobah Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrimetimeJedi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Free Comic Book Day in Mandeville 5/4
Event: Sat May 04, 2013 3:00 pm

With permission from both Garrison CO's, I spoke with Bucky from Big Easy Comics about doing a joint troop between Dagobah Base and Bast Alpha Garrison on Free Comic Book Day at Big Easy Comics. He informed me that the owner, Steve, would love for us to be a part of the event at their store! I will be meeting with Bucky Tuesday afternoon @ BEC to get more information and planning this event!

When/time: May 4th 10am-Midnight (show up at least an hour before to change if showing up in the AM).

Where: Big Easy Comics, 5150 Hwy. 22, Ste C-3, Mandeville, Louisiana 70471
Number: (985) 792-7800

There will be food and beverages.
Changing room and a place to store our gear

Troopers

D'on - X-Wing Pilot
Gary P - TK (501st member tentative)
Jonathan R. - Indiana Jones (Red Stick Rebellion Member)
Scott Smith - IC
Chris Zamjahn - Tusken Raider
Ed Cook - TI

Wranglers

Last edited by PrimetimeJedi on Fri May 03, 2013 5:28 am; edited 10 times in total
Lady K (Karen)
Dagobah Base XO
Dagobah Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is great, D'on. We should be able to have several events for free comic book day in different locations. Most comic book stores are small and can't accommodate a lot of people standing around in costume, so just a few at each store is perfect.

We need to get you some promotional material before then so you'll have something to hand out about the Rebel Legion.

Royal Rebellion Delegation CO
PrimetimeJedi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am meeting with the Comic Book shop manager tomorrow. He informed me he is doing flyers up for the event. I sent both Dagobah Base and BAG logo's to him so he can put it on the flyer.

I would like the PDF for RL cards to be made. I will go to Office Depot and get some printed up so I can hand them out.
Lady K (Karen)
Dagobah Base XO
Dagobah Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll email it to you right now!

PrimetimeJedi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met with the Owner of Big Easy Comics, Steve and Manager Bucky this afternoon. They are really excited that we are coming to do FCBD. There will be a changing area for us, a place to store our gear, plus there will be food and refreshments. We will be able to maneuver around the store as there is plenty of space to move and the parking lot is really big. Many of the stores there are closed on Saturday so parking will be no issue and there is plenty of shade to get out of the sun. They will be doing up flyers next month and I will be getting some to pass along. Also per request Steve would like some pics of us in our costumes and he will use them on the event page that BEC will put up in a month.

Also the time for this will be from 10AM till Midnight. So if anyone who does other FCBD events in other areas and they end early it would be awesome if you all can make it to Mandeville.
Lady K (Karen)
Dagobah Base XO
Dagobah Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds great, D'on. Till midnight? WOW! Long troop!

PrimetimeJedi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady K wrote:
that sounds great, D'on. Till midnight? WOW! Long troop!

From what Steve told me they have a big turn out of comic book lovers and kids. They go all out for this event.
Lady K (Karen)
Dagobah Base XO
Dagobah Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've been in that store. It's a pretty large store for a comic book store.

PrimetimeJedi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

List Update

Added Chris Zamjahn to the troopers list
My friend Jon Paul is coming. He will be taking pics.
Sabeaux ()
Dagobah Base CO
Dagobah Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump....

"Nothing personal....a contract is a contract!"
PrimetimeJedi

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other Rebels like to join us in Mandeville for FCBD? It is a very big shop with plenty of room inside and out.
PrimetimeJedi

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to personally thank Ed Cook, Scott Smith and Johnathan Robinson for coming out to Big Easy Comics today. Steve and Bucky were really happy and said that a lot of people were really happy to see us standing outside and brought them in. They had a bigger turnout than last year. I will be posting a new event that I would love for many of us to be a part of.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dagobah Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: