Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b3fc5893bcd8e877265ce8aecec0df62Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

StarWars.Com Photo Discussion--Northern UT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which location/times work best for you?
Either--Saturday Afternoon/Evening
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Capitol Building--Friday Afternoon/Evening
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Either--Friday or Saturday Afternoon/Evening
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
This is the Place Park--Friday Afternoon/Evening
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
This is the Place Park--Saturday Afternoon/Evening
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Capitol Building--Saturday Afternoon/Evening
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Either--Friday Afternoon/Evening
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Users Voted : 4
Total Votes : 4
Undo Votes

Jedi Master Tic-Ja Faila (Jakob Lau Smith Tice)
Rogue Base CO
Rogue Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: StarWars.Com Photo Discussion--Northern UT Reply with quote

I am posting this thread under the direction of Melissa (darkradiance), our PR officer. She's a bit under the weather.

We are a bit late in getting this posted, but StarWars.com has asked for photo submissions of fans from around the world in their costumes at local landmarks. The deadline for these photos is April 22nd. This is the discussion thread where those in the Northern Utah area will decide which landmark(s) we will do the photo shoot and what time(s). We are taking suggestions for locations around the Salt Lake valley/county area for over the weekend (Friday Saturday, Sunday). We will have the discussion thread open until Tuesday the 16th. Then Wednesday we will vote.

As a head's up, the Alpine Garrison is doing its main photo shoot on April 20th in the morning from 10 AM to 12 PM, so we are asking that we not choose the same location as they are.

For the format of the nominated times and places, please post both. In order for a time and/or location to be placed on the ballot, it must be seconded.

***NOTE***This is for all people with a good guy Star Wars costume, regardless of membership status. This discussion is for the main group photo, but you can feel free to take your own pictures around the state and submit those too. That being said, any Jedi wanna hike the Y?

Margaret edit: Adding Poll
Rogue Base CO
Rogue Base CO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to suggest This is the Place Park after 5 PM on Friday the 19th.
darthdisney (Richard Graham)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cascade springs in the alpine loop? The Olympic park in park city?
Wolfen (Adam)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Temple Square, Sat April 20, afternoon sometime. Like 3 or 4 pm.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin
Bouri-Plwel ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to suggest to you all to do it out at Golden Spike....I know it is out in the middle of nowhere, but quite and historic site and the sybolism stranslates well to the SW universe....just a thought

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
darthdisney (Richard Graham)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bouri-Plwel wrote:
I would like to suggest to you all to do it out at Golden Spike....I know it is out in the middle of nowhere, but quite and historic site and the sybolism stranslates well to the SW universe....just a thought

This is a great idea.
Batman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going with this is the place... As long as we aren't shooting the monument, but into the valley. It's close, accessible, and historic enough.
If we went to temple square, i'd have to pass since I don't think it represents everyone in the local RL.

I think in the future, we might look into some of the more exotic locations Utah has to offer since I have been quite jealous of bases and garrisons who have done amazing photos at cool locations.

Also, I have a photographer who is interested... So, that's good!
Dark Radiance ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but if a "religious" area is involved, I am out.

Golden Spike is on the north side of The Great Salt Lake (close to Brigham City) and there is NOTHING out there unless you shoot inside the museum. If people want that, you'd have to contact them ASAP about setting something up inside. It costs $7 a vehicle. Here is a link to their Permits page. They may be willing to "wave" a permit or fees if you chat with them about the photo and what it will be used for (in essence it is free advertising for them).

If you want to go that far out, there is Devil's Playground (rock formations). I don't know if there are any fees associated with it, you'd have to contact Utah's Bureau of Land Management.

The Capital Building requires 14 day notice for "commercial photography" which is what I think this falls under but I could be wrong. I would contact them about it. You'd need to speak with the Capital Preservation Board to find out more details.(check out this for more information). However, you may want to contact them and see what we would fall under. There is no application fee or appointment times needed for other photo stuff as long as you follow their rules.

Utah Office of Tourism if anyone needs more info.

Whatever is decided upon, you NEED to make sure you contact the organization in charge of the location and get the information about taking photos there.

Last edited by Dark Radiance () on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dark Radiance ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote is for the Capital Building, inside, Friday the 19th starting between 5-6pm. The Capital closes at 8pm.

The East Plaza of the Capital Building gives a great view of the Valley.

If this is chosen, someone will need to contact them about any fees, permits, and anything else. It is a good location (both inside and out on the steps/field/grass)
Wolfen (Adam)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, I did not suggest Temple Square for any kind of religious reason. As a non Utah native, It is simply a very recognizable landmark for Utah. There is no doubt where it is. Like the Empire State Building, Big Ben, Sydney Opera House etc...

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin
Rogue Base CO
Rogue Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seconding the Capitol Building local.

I took the liberty and called both reps from This is the Place Park and the Capitol Building. The guy from the park was really nice and said we can shoot anywhere outside the park around the monument and possibly a few other locations, so long as we call and let them know ahead of time. For the Capitol Building, we just need to email them the details to their department at least 48 hours before we show up.
Dark Radiance ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

--

Last edited by Dark Radiance () on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dark Radiance ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfen wrote:
Just to be clear, I did not suggest Temple Square for any kind of religious reason. As a non Utah native, It is simply a very recognizable landmark for Utah. There is no doubt where it is. Like the Empire State Building, Big Ben, Sydney Opera House etc...

I figured as much, but it is still religious in nature and I'd like to stay away from stuff like that.

Besides, unless you are doing bridals or wedding pictures, that area is HEAVILY enforced for pictures of "our" sort of nature. I've had friends kicked out of the area because they were taking pictures of a "non-secular" sort and were "drawing a crowd". (yeah, they're picky)
Wolfen (Adam)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Radiance wrote:
Okay, so we have:
    ~Capital Building/Grounds, Friday, 5:30-6pm (II)
    ~This is The Place Heritage Park/Grounds, Friday, 5pm (I)

Choose between those two. I'll keep track of votes. You can either post here or PM me.

We'll take votes until Midnight TONIGHT (WEDNESDAY) Mountain Time.

Both great places for pictures. I work until 7pm on Friday so I wont be able to make it. Have fun wherever you go!

Rogue Base CO
Rogue Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Poll is up--please vote before the end of the day!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: