About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8ce62ae729a7d28c3a0469ee750b4aefMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ladies and gentlemen! We have a forum!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mara Skywalker (Anna)
Nordic Base CO
Nordic Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Ladies and gentlemen! We have a forum! Reply with quote

Good news! The Nordic Base forum is ready for take-off! Please go and check it out. I am looking forward to seeing all of you "over there"

http://www.nordicbase.proboards.com/

Mynocks deliver Babies
Elith Dupar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told about this forum yesterday, and I have to question why we've made a new forum? I'm a little dissapointed that we haven't been asked if we would like to change forums, if this is the new official one. Also I think it's very complicated and messy to have another one, mixing up and maybe even over looking important messages that concerns everyone. I will always go to this one anyway, that's a given. Why not keep everything in the same place? I'm not sure I understand the meaning of creating a new one, I thought this was our forum?
Is this for people who aren't RL members or something?
Mara Skywalker (Anna)
Nordic Base CO
Nordic Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the idea to make a new forum has been there ever since Camilla was elected CO - it was part of her campaign as well Smile there's been plenty of command updates on the creation of the new forum as well, so it's never been a secret it was on its way Smile

The idea with the new forum is mainly to get a feeling of having "a home" - I've been a member on this forum for ages, and been a part of NB for over a year now, but I feel like I hardly know most of you. We were hoping this would change, when we had "our own place". I've heard a lot of members saying they hardly ever check this place, because it feels so big and slightly intimidating.

I am sorry if some of you feel disappointed with the new forum. we've done our best to make it nice and cosy, and with a forum of our own, we have the opportunity to create boards as we please - making room for our galactic delegation and our jedi temple, for example.

Also, we've made part of it open for our NG brothers and sisters, hopefully working towards better communication and cooperation with them Smile For example, we're now using the new forum to create joint merchandise for CEII.

I hope you will all keep an open mind and at least try out the new forum Smile I see a lot of good things happening there already Smile

Mynocks deliver Babies
Elith Dupar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks for explaining this to me.
My concern is that some important info will be posted there and not here and vice versa and therefore will be missed.

Good thing we have plenty of events coming up where we can all get to know eachother, like Legoland! Wink I think those are the times when we truly get to know eachother. Smile
Mara Skywalker (Anna)
Nordic Base CO
Nordic Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course that is the way to truly get to know each other, some of us will maybe never meet, which is why having good online communication is so important Smile

I am doing my best to repost important info from here onto the new board, with links leading back to here, and when we're having elections etc, links to the polls will be posted on the forum, so people wont miss the election Smile Mass emails will still come from this place too, I believe Smile

However, most base important information will be posted on the new board, as the idea is for that to be our new "home" Smile

Feel free to bring curtains and paintings for the walls when you move in Wink Wink

Mynocks deliver Babies
Admrl Snackbar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid gotta pass this new forum. It would be just too much. This Wampa's Cave subforum is enough for me. Rolling Eyes

--It's a snackbar! Admrl Snackbar on your service--
TI-9827 (Tapio Komulainen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admrl Snackbar wrote:
I'm afraid gotta pass this new forum. It would be just too much. This Wampa's Cave subforum is enough for me. Rolling Eyes

Second that.
Elith Dupar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...unfortunately, I already feel like it's pretty time consuming to come here even to make sure I'm staying informed, so for me it's just so not appealing to feel like I have to run from one forum to the other to make sure I get everything. I'm sort of happy here... Crying or Very sad I will make more of an effort to get to know the people "live" instead, and hope for the same back. Smile
Mara Skywalker (Anna)
Nordic Base CO
Nordic Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a bit curious as to what makes you think, the forum will be "too much", and why you are afraid you're gonna miss important information. Do you mean base information, or Legion level information?

The thing is, important base information should be posted on the new forum from now on - therefore, you should not miss anything by going there Smile

A forum takes only as much time as you invest in it - no one is demanding you spend hours each day there

Also, I am a bit curious as to why no one has spoken up about the forum until after the launch? Smile

Mynocks deliver Babies
DL (Johan Hanson)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most other bases have their own forums outside www.rebellegion.com , and their members tend to be much more active on them than here, especially about local projects and events.

Personally, I think that this forum has always been too big and unwieldy for the type of forum software that it uses. It is too easy to miss a post on here.
I also have a feeling that everything you write here has to be public, "on the record" so to speak. On your own forum, it is easier to get more informal and laid-back. Well, that is my impression from having been a lot on this forum and from having visited regional bases' forums, although most of my experience is a bit dated now ...

BTW, if you choose to keep the Base forum, don't forget to get the link changed in the Unit Listings.
Qui-Gina Jinn (Camilla Lilja)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll try to address all the concerns here:

1: What if we miss important information?

All important information will be posted at the new NB forum from now on.
If the situation warrants it, a mass-email will be sent out, to make sure everyone knows that something important is going on. But everything, apart from actual elections, will be taking place at the new board.
Thus, there will be no real need for checking the NB-members only board here.
We will strife to keep you informed of any important Legion-level business as well.
Also, the layout of the new forum should make it easier to keep track of things, as it will not be as mixed up as the threads in this forum are.

2: I will make more of an effort to get to know the people "live" instead, and hope for the same back.

I respect that - and I strife for that myself.
But the fact is, that our base spans four countries and many of us may never get the chance to meet in person. Not for lack of want, but some may not have the funds to travel as much.
As Johan pointed out above, having our own forum gives us the chance to get to know each other in a more relaxed way, than what I see possible here. I feel that it is a way to knit us more tightly together as a group.

3: I'm afraid gotta pass this new forum. It would be just too much. This Wampa's Cave subforum is enough for me.

The intention is not for the new forum to be a supplement to this one, but rather a replacement. It is our intention that all our activity should take place there. Thus, you would only have to check the new forum. Furthermore, the subboards in the new forum will make it easier to locate specific topics, as they will be divided more by category than they are now.

At last, about you not being asked about the new forum:

As Mara said, it was a big part of my campaign when we had elections for CO. Furthermore, she has frequently made updates about the progress in the Command Updates thread in the NB members only forum.
I am never more than a PM or e-mail away, and if you had any concerns, I would have expected them to be raised with either Mara or myself.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it!

Open to everything happy and sad,
Seeing the good when it's all going bad,
Focus on everything better today
Hold on to people they're slipping away...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Elith Dupar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the info guys. This is really not to kind of go: "I REFUSE TO GO THERE!" just to be difficult. I have been in there, I try to see what's going on and important, but I just find this forum easier. This is clean, things are easy to find. So I've tried to really understand myself and why I find this new forum unappealing.
First, I still don't understand the real reason for it.
Second, I also feel like the layout of the new one is too messy. I understand that you probably have to have the commercials there, but if you do, the background should be one simple colour. When I'm there, I have no idea where to look, at the pics or the flashing commercials, where is the topics? It's just too much. But that's my opinion and maybe many thinks it's cool.
Well, so there you have my feedback of the looks anyways. Razz
At the same time, I respect the amount of time this has taken and the fact that somebody does it of free will is great!

I'm not sure I knew about this forum at all, so I couldn't really "speak up" about it before it came. I haven't been a member for that long and I feel like I had no idea about this. Maybe I overlooked something, but if this was a topic before I became a member, I probably did not go to old posts when I became one. I simply didn't know or registered this.

I feel a bit like being the bad wolf here, but I believe in being honest, so I think it's great that we have this dialogue. Smile
DL (Johan Hanson)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any commercials ... Maybe because I have a Flash-blocking plug-in in my web browser.
Mara Skywalker (Anna)
Nordic Base CO
Nordic Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the commercials too, and I can understand they're annoying - I get confused too, when I see shoes flash before my eyes all the time!

However, to remove them, we need to pay to have the forum, and I don't see that happening at the moment Smile Maybe in the future - it's 6 dollars a month, so not a fortune, but as we, as a base, don't really have any funds right now, well....

That being said: I'd love to see them go!

Elise, you shouldn't feel like the bad wolf Smile Constructive criticism is always welcome - in fact, I've made a thread for that very purpose on the page. You should be able to see that now, as I've placed you in the NB usergroup Smile

I understand the forum can feel big and confusing when going there for the first time. For those of you who have a hard time finding your way around the boards, I'll be more than happy to help. Shoot me a PM; grab me on FB, send me an email. I'll be happy to help you Smile

The forum isn't there to annoy you, or make your life harder. Quite the opposite in fact Smile

I appreciate you taking the time to tell us how you feel Elise Smile

Mynocks deliver Babies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: