About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7b9ea823c9ffef28bcaf95f84cf03b84Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

2013 San Diego ComicCon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Kenobi (Paul Moomey)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: 2013 San Diego ComicCon Reply with quote

Greetings Sunrider Base. My Ben Kenobi costume was recently approved (Feb 2013). I am a member of Kessel Base and Star Temple.

My son and I were lucky enough to score tickets to 2013 SDCC and will be in your area for that July weekend. Do you have plans on trooping the CC or have a booth (can't imagine why you wouldn't)? I had not planned on wearing my costume to the CC due to the added luggage, but was just trying to figure if I want to pack my costume and maybe help you guys out at a booth for some time one day if you would allow me to be part of your weekend.

Paul (Ben Kenobi)
LizardJedi (Liz Hyde)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul!

Yes we will be trooping and yes, we'll have a table.

Once it gets closer to the event (and the table organizer is done with school Razz ) there will be table sign ups, etc. If you want to volunteer some time, it'd be great! (you also don't need to dress out for the table, if you're wearing a RL or SW shirt or something, that's ok too).

There is a Comic Con section on this forum (on the bottom underneath all of the base forums) and all very important info will be posted there. (nothing is there yet, but it will be!)

Most Sunriders don't really visit this forum all that much so if you want more info, sign up on our "project" board http://www.sunriderbase.com/board/index.php

Buy yeah, if you have any questions, feel free to ask! Always good meeting out of towners.

The opposite of War isn't Peace, its Creation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ben Kenobi (Paul Moomey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz. I will be watching the boards and your site for more info. Would love to bring the costume but I would probably need a separate suitcase which these days costs quite a bit on airlines. Plus I'm nervous about the lightsaber on airlines. The last thing I need is to have TSA confiscate it if I carrt it and I don't want to risk it disappearing from my luggage. Good to know about the RL or SW shirt. Being new I don't have an RL shirt but I can probably come up with an acceptable SW shirt.

Thanks for the reply Liz.

Paul (Ben Kenobi) ōæō
Amidalas (dawn bright)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have tickets but I will be there Smile I live in the area and am such a ham! Smile
Ben Kenobi (Paul Moomey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz (or any Sunrider), I went to the website but did not see anything for the SDCC. Is it because I am not signed up for the website?

Paul
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct Paul - you'll need to be granted access on our Project Boards to see that section.

Brack Daddy (Brack Lee)
Mountain Base XO
Mountain Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be attending SDCC tomorrow. Flying my X-Wing from Colorado tonight, returning Sunday afternoon.

I'll be in Bespin Luke on Saturday and will stop by the table.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: