Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=94826cc2383cccc37819fc6f189a7cd1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Save the Date - Final FIDM Fan Day 12/04/05
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obi-Shawn (Shawn Crosby)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Save the Date - Final FIDM Fan Day 12/04/05 Reply with quote

I am beginning plans for the final FIDM Fan Day. More info to follow, but the current info is:

Date: Sunday, December 4th (Last sunday of the exhibit)

Time: All Day (11 AM to 6 PM)

We will be doing similar activities to the previous fan day: Fan Film screenings, press interviews, photo opps, and tours of the Gallery. There is a rumour that SW in 30 Minutes is invited to perform, but no word back yet whether they've accepted.

Galleries of previous FIDM fun are here:

http://www.shawnandcolleen.com/shawn/Pages/hwing/photos.html

As always, if you just want to go to the exhibit on your own, you can go 7 days a week until December 10th. More info at: http://starwars.fidm.edu/

There is also a "season pass" in the works- 30 days for 30 dollars- that gets you unlimited access to the museum for the final month. Other perks we've discussed are a goodie bag with exclusives, photo in the X-Wing cockpit, and a 15% discount on Exhibit gift shop items (except Hasbro, if I recall). Unlike the $5 admission tickets (where the ticketing agency keeps the cash), this money goes to the museum to help support other exhibits like this one, so it's a pretty worthwhile cause. More info as I get it..

In case you're wondering why we set the date the way we did, we were trying to avoid conflicts with:

A: Gencon (Nov. 20th)

B: LosCon (Nov. 27th)

C: UCLA vs USC Football game. (Dec. 3rd)

I will begin collecting names when I have confirmation of the code transmission- er, got the official OK from FIDM.

Thanks,

Obi-Shawn
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Save the Date - Final FIDM Fan Day 12/04/05 Reply with quote

Thank you, Shawn. I'll go fix the web site with this info.

Two SDSWS members swear that someone who works for FIDM said it was November 20th. I hope all the folks at the museum got this memo.
Tigerantilles (Gregor Sink)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: Save the Date - Final FIDM Fan Day 12/04/05 Reply with quote

Forbidding some horrible disaster killing me....I am so there.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Save the Date - Final FIDM Fan Day 12/04/05 Reply with quote

I'm so there!
SDMaraJade ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Save the Date - Final FIDM Fan Day 12/04/05 Reply with quote

Dennis of FIDM has this morning posted that the date is December 3rd. Hopefully by the end of the day we will get positive confirmation one way or the other.

I'll be there, but I am going to be an Imperial. I'll be wearing my Scoutrooper. Sorry guys.. its the newest costume and I have to wear it.

*MJ ducks from Rebel Blaster Fire"
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Save the Date - Final FIDM Fan Day 12/04/05 Reply with quote

Next group project: Endor Commandos!
Obi-Shawn (Shawn Crosby)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Save the Date - Final FIDM Fan Day 12/04/05 Reply with quote

THE DATE FOR THE SECOND AND FINAL FIDM FAN DAY IS SUNDAY, DECEMBER FOURTH (4TH). THIS IS SET IN STONE.

THE FIDM MEMBERSHIP WILL NOT BE LIVE UNTIL THIS EVENING OR TOMORROW MORNING. THE CORRECT FIDM URL IS:

https://thefidmmuseumstore.org/

Sorry for shouting, but I've been getting this right from the source, and have been helping in the organization of the event- please trust that my info is correct.

The FIDM Fan Day on the 20th of November was never officially set. It was accidentally leaked before being authorized by the FIDM Staff. The event was not changed to prevent conflicts, but was chosen to avoid them altogether. I'm sorry if there are conflicts for the 4th- you can blame me if you need to- It was my suggestion. We want as many folks in costume to attend as possible, and want to send the event off in a big way.

The exhibit has been very well attended thus far, and hasn't been hurting for press. Everyone from the local and national news and entertainment radio and TV shows to newspapers and magazines to cable channels has been talking it up, and special events other than Fan Days have been/will be held there.

The Fan Days are simply an opportunity for us to geek out among our own in costume. And, you know, have fun! Razz This one promisses to be huge, and I'd like as many of you involved as possible. When I find out how many volunteers are requested to assist, I'll let everyone know and begin taking contact info.

Thanks, and sorry for being snarky,

Shawn
LizardJedi (Liz Hyde)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Save the Date - Final FIDM Fan Day 12/04/05 Reply with quote

Well, I should be avail. for this... and I want to go anyways... now I can geek it out in costume
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Save the Date - Final FIDM Fan Day 12/04/05 Reply with quote

Depending upon what happens with our Mom, Josie and I are planning on being there for this.  (Right now..very uncertain, she took a major turn for the worse today).  <sigh> 

She has bounced back before, so we are keeping positive.  But, right now, the bright spot in our universe is looking forward to this. 

Hugs to all who have already sent us their love and support,

Kim (Master--Kenobi) and Josie (Siri Tachi)

zhi-don ()

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Save the Date - Final FIDM Fan Day 12/04/05 Reply with quote

im up for this. shawn, what will the cost be?

Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Save the Date - Final FIDM Fan Day 12/04/05 Reply with quote

You get in free if you come in costume.
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Save the Date - Final FIDM Fan Day 12/04/05 Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Grey Jedi on 09 November 2005

Next group project: Endor Commandos!

Oh no!, not another helmet to do!  lol

I'll see if I can make this one, if I can drive up with Don.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zhi-don ()

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Save the Date - Final FIDM Fan Day 12/04/05 Reply with quote

no problem with that lori....we jedi gotta stick together. there is a rumor that one of the rebel legion is an imperial spy.....some suspect  our own commander. wonder where they got that idea?....*WINK*
Vandor Theric ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Save the Date - Final FIDM Fan Day 12/04/05 Reply with quote

Hello sunrider base. I plan on comming down for this and would love to meet some RL people from outside of my base. I hope to see ya all there.
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Save the Date - Final FIDM Fan Day 12/04/05 Reply with quote

Welcome! The more the merrier!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: