About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2db307b6014f12447f0c9960955fd065Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Republic Dress Uniform - W.I.P.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> EU Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xSchmitterSx ()
Benelux Base XO
Benelux Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the design i made yesterday during lunch, today during lunch i made work it out on paper:

This afternoon (when i am back home) i will make it ... only wondering if i should keep the spaces between the stripes black or into gold look to ...

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
xSchmitterSx ()
Benelux Base XO
Benelux Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay been busy with prototype rankbar 3 ...

This is how i made it ...

These metal sheets, are easy find in the better hobby shops have them. They are easy to cut with scirrors or cutters.

I cut the pieces out, in the sizes i wanted them ... for the sizes i use see the post before this one.

The acrylic or strass stones, these are a bit to large for this one ... these are 16 mm, and i think it will be better if i use 12 mm or 10 mm versions.

The rebel crest, i don't know if it's possible to find this one in acrylic or strass, and in this size ... and i think to let make this one, it would be expensive.

I use a piece of Canson Cardboard of 2 mm think, and cut it out ...
I first print out on paper cut it rough out and than glue it with a glue stick, so it's easy'r to cut out and also easy to remove after it the paper.

I have let me advise in the shop i always go get my stuff, the people have knowledge, and also i'm learning new things. I first painted in red acryl (few layers) and than cover with acryl medium to have shiny effect and waterprove.

Magnets ... these are strong magnets i use the same for other rankbars i have. i don't remove them from the package, i cut the cardboard around the plastic seal, and strong them with duc tape.

Front / Back magnets.

The metal i use for make these rankbars, are not magnetic, it's cheaper to buy this than metal sheet that's magnetic to cut out what i need.

To stick everything together i use industrial double sized tape ... it's strong and not that messy than working with glues.

And this is my result of rankbar 3 prototype:

As i said this is just a try out version, i need to find smaller blue strass stones. And also i will make another version based on this one. But this will be for over 14 days, i first need go back to the city to find strass stones and more metal sheets.

Incase Belgian's (or Benelux) read this ... i buy all my stuff at Euroshop - Schleiper - Lucas Creativ.
xSchmitterSx ()
Benelux Base XO
Benelux Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have try to make pictures of myself, with help of the mirror in the bathroom ...

this is what i have, the red & grey i will remake this, something went wrong with the sizes of it ...

the red should be 3" = 7.62 cm (this is a number that's not easy to make ... so i will go to 7.5 cm or 8 cm)

the grey should be 4.5" = 11.43 cm (i will go to 11.5 cm)

i will wait to make those adjustment from the moment i have the rankbar and know what will be approved.

My shoulder ...

xSchmitterSx ()
Benelux Base XO
Benelux Base XO

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

improved version, i am more happy with this style/size than the one i made before.

12 cm wide = 4.7 inch
first version was 9 cm wide = 3.5 inch

i worked with velcro (for the back) and fabric stiffer, it don't rimple while i wear it.

the collar longsleeve, okay it needed to be iron but it's 23.23 (in Belgium) and i'm watchin Bottom (live shows).

I hope next week add picture of the improved version of the red stripe ...
xSchmitterSx ()
Benelux Base XO
Benelux Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, i updated the red and make it now 3" (i found in an very old sewing shop tape measure in inches).

It's now around 3 inch.

Epoulette is 16 cm (6.3 inch) long

Epoulette is 4.5 cm (1.8 inch)

... i don't know if the transelator transelate the word correct ' push-buttons'.
The first test version i made, i have sew the red on the jacket, problem after washing it, it turned pink ... from the front to the back i sew two rows of those push-buttons.

So i no pink issues :p

Only the collar longsleeve, i'm not 100% happy with it, or it's me that is not used to wear clothings with collars, but it's hot around the neck.

In the version one some pilots wear some kind of tunic ... but i think as HazardThree said, it depend on the artist who design / color it. In the second version (the one i have made) every one wears some kind of collar/long sleeve shirt, only one officer & jek porkins wears something else.
xSchmitterSx ()
Benelux Base XO
Benelux Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another rankbar that i made ...

- 5.7 cm (2.2 inch) / 11.4 cm (4.5 inch)
- i didn't find a red rebel pin with the correct size (1inch) of my base pin ... so i put my base pin on it.
- 3 acrylic stones (0.4 inch)

i made this one, because i want to wear my costume ... i didn't wear it since it's ready, until the other one gets approved ...
xSchmitterSx ()
Benelux Base XO
Benelux Base XO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have try it last year at FACTS, if everything fits corrects, easy to walk with, what details need to change on it:

... the rankbar is made with the sizes of the official rankbar, only i didn't have a red pin, i used a pin of my base rebel legion benelux ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> EU Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: