About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bcc18037e68ffdddd465a1a2d02557efMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Anoka, MN Halloween Parade 10/29/05

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mirax80 (Nyree Richwalski)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Anoka, MN Halloween Parade 10/29/05 Reply with quote

Hello everyone, it's that time of year again!

Halloween!!!!

Yes, that's right, The Minnesota Fan Force/Rebel Legion/501st is doing the Anoka Halloween Parade again this year! We have sent in the paperwork, but as of yet, we have not heard of our position number (but I will update this as soon as we find out).

Just a little info on what's going on. The Halloween parade is always the Saturday before Halloween, so this year we are looking at the 29th. Normally the parade officially starts at 1pm, but this year the MNFF/RL/501st is looking to get together a little earlier (say about 10am-ish) to have a grill/cook-out ahead of time. And please take into account our luck with past years at the parade, so be prepared for anything! (more exact info to be posted later)

And it looks like we are using RebAdams7's place again for a car drop off point for carpooling. And carpooling is highly encouraged because of the limited parking that is up around the parade area. You can PM me for directions to her place. But bigger sized vehicals are recommened to haul people from the end of the parade route to the begining to pick up any left over vehicals.

And why does this involve you? Because it does! We are looking for all people to show up! We need costumers and non-costumers alike! We need people to carry the banner, hand out candy, and just to represent us in general. Jedi can hand out candy pretty well, but stormtroopers... not so much. And having non-costumed personal hand out candy allows those in costumes to not get bogged down way over on one side of the street or another (see, if we have someone in costume waaay over on the left side of the street, people over on the right can't see the workmanship of the costume!)

Costume people are required by thier specific groups to be in full costume. 501st must have all parts of armor and helmets on during the parade. Rebel Legion must have all parts of thier respected costume on during the parade. No bathrobe Jedi, no sneakers, no store bought costumes (ie: Rubies), no partial costumes, no "earthly" looking clothes (ie: jeans, visible t-shirts w/logos, no bling-bling jewelry) , etc... ya'll know the rules.

Non-costume people are highly recomended to have some type of Star Wars apparel.

I know this is alot to read, but this is a huge event for us. If you have ANY questions, feel free to PM myself (mirax80)or Doright.

So if you are in the MN area, or plan to make a visit, let us know and join in on the fun!

Here's hoping to see you all at the parade!!!

~mirax80

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doright ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Anoka, MN Halloween Parade 10/29/05 Reply with quote

I'll be there in Orange!

Going to let the wife ware the scout armor for this one. Smile Chicks in Armor are hot.

Jack Killian (Andrew Marsh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Anoka, MN Halloween Parade 10/29/05 Reply with quote

so does that mean you get to throw her around and bash her against trees?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doright ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Anoka, MN Halloween Parade 10/29/05 Reply with quote

If I answer that it would have to be in a way that would get me banned from a PG board. Wink

Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Anoka, MN Halloween Parade 10/29/05 Reply with quote

It's a week away! Are ya'll excited yet?!

*bounce!*
IndustrialSizeEd (Ed Cook)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Anoka, MN Halloween Parade 10/29/05 Reply with quote

Working on finishing up some last minute preparations right now...
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Anoka, MN Halloween Parade 10/29/05 Reply with quote

Parade is tomorrow! Can't wait!

It's suppose to be like 60! w00t!
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Anoka, MN Halloween Parade 10/29/05 Reply with quote

Alrighty peeps! I'm offline until tomorrow sometime!

See ya'll at the parade!

(and for tose who can't make it - I'll have pics posted as soon as I can!)
Jack Killian (Andrew Marsh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Anoka, MN Halloween Parade 10/29/05 Reply with quote

I hope screaming tauntaun squadron had a good time at the parade...I want to see pics later on

IndustrialSizeEd (Ed Cook)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Anoka, MN Halloween Parade 10/29/05 Reply with quote

We had a great time, but ugh...I can't move this morning...my feet and back are killing me...

But it was fun. I can't wait to see the pictures myself.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Anoka, MN Halloween Parade 10/29/05 Reply with quote

the fun isn't over yet!!!

Anoka 2005 Parade

Here are Just MY digi pics! The couple of film rolls I shot will be up in a couple of days. And if anyone else has pic links, I'll try to get copies of those links over here!
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Anoka, MN Halloween Parade 10/29/05 Reply with quote

I just updated the link in the above post - Finally got all of the pics uploaded!

Enjoy!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: