About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6440143dcfaac15088b888ce8b8320e3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Qui-Gon Lightsaber?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbdgamer (Dan Decker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Qui-Gon Lightsaber? Reply with quote

Hello Jedi,

I am searching for somewhere I can either purchase a Qui-Gon Jinn lightsaber or a tutorial on how to build one with LOTS of pictures.

I'm volunteering at Cubscout summer camp this summer and the theme is space, so I figure it would be neat for the kids to see me walking around with a lightsaber on my belt and I do intend to make a Qui-Gon in a few months to a year when I loose weight so I figure get a Qui-Gon saber now and save more money down the road when I make the rest of the costume.
rogue9607 (Nick)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're handy with a dremmel... here's one build that I think turned out quite well. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?9621-1-25-sink-tube-Qui-gon-Tutorial

There are a couple of images missing, but you could probably PM him and get those.

Also, if you put the electronics in it for a single, high-powered, LED and are walking around camp with it on your belt you'll always have a flashlight with you! Smile
Jedi Leda ()
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that's a very nice tutorial!

I did that at cub scout camp a few times... you get a nice affect at night with all the campfire smoke. Very Happy I was the den leader with the lightsaber.

"You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing!"

"Don't Dream it, BE IT!"
SithariRog (Roger Allen)
Legion Membership Officer
Legion Membership Officer

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. Give me inspiration for my lightsaber projects..if I ever get around to starting them.

And Lillian....you have to be the coolest mom ever! lol

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always go the Ultrasabers route ie "the Consular", if you need it not too accurate but fast. Otherwise there's a manufacturer on IRA and occasionally eBay, called One Replicas that has empty hilts ready for electronics install. There's also JK sabers in Europe as well, who make excellent hilts. Good luck! Here is an example of a recent build with one of these hilts btw

http://imperialroyalarms.com/thread/1629/qgj-powered-spark-video-added?page=1#post-16908

dbdgamer (Dan Decker)
Active Legion Member

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the consular saber and it looked close but not quite accurate and I do want to use the saber in a Qui-Gon costume one day(once I loose a few pounds) so it needs to be accurate enough to be approved, does anyone know if the Ultrasaber's consular can be approved with a Qui-Gon costume?

I really liked this tutorial:
Quote:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?9621-1-25-sink-tube-Qui-gon-Tutorial

Its a bit outside of my skill set, but so far almost 90% of the stuff I've done with the legion is and I can only learn by trying so I might give that a shot.

I love the "install electronics and use it as a flashlight" idea, but its a Cub Scout Day camp, and they keep me in the sunny archery field all day long so I won't have much need of a flashlight, and I doubt the camp director would like me having a blade on it, so electronics are virtually worthless in this situation although I'll probably put them in down the road.

I'd put together a whole jedi costume for it if I could, but I need to wear the boring staff shirt Sad
rogue9607 (Nick)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbdgamer wrote:
Its a bit outside of my skill set, but so far almost 90% of the stuff I've done with the legion is and I can only learn by trying so I might give that a shot.

I'd say go with whatever you think you'd find to be fun. If you have a dremmel, it wouldn't cost much to get a sink tube and see how it goes. Though, I will say that the flex shaft attachment made this type of work much easier for me. (works with my B&D rotary tool)
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another OR saber w/ custom electronics (not mine):

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=39800.0;topicseen

this as close to screen accurate as you can get for the money

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: