Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9193cec017d5622b04ed3838aaba7750Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Costuming workshop and social meet-up (March, 2013)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattG (Matt Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Costuming workshop and social meet-up (March, 2013) Reply with quote

Cross-posted from SWNZ:
Quote:
Following on from the great meet-up at Michaela's last month, plans are coming together for a March installment of the 2013 Costuming Workshop and Social Meet-Up series. Smile

The next scheduled date will be at our place (Birkenhead) on Saturday 30th March. We've selected this date for a couple of reasons...that will be 1 month since the last session, which seems to be a useful frequency, and it also coincides with Kristy's 30th birthday (a couple of days earlier), so we've got an excuse to serve up a big cake at lunch time. :woot:

If you're interested in costuming and keen to come along, send me a message. The emphasis is on Rebel/Good Guy costumes, but we won't turn you away if you have other Star Wars projects you want to get involved with. It will be an all day event to make it worthwhile attending for current or prospective members who are from other regions - starting from 10:30am, and running through to about 5:30pm.

If you want to get advice about any costumes, help others with their costume projects, make progress on your own projects, or just swap ideas and discuss Good Guy costuming in general, this will be a great opportunity. We'll have on hand examples of Rebel Pilots, Clones, Royalty costumes, Jedi, and more.
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to make this too Smile If I do I'll be bringing a supply of paints and cleaners for body paint if anyone wants to test them out. Not for young children because of the alcohol content.
Craigorski (Craig Haskell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have fun everyone.. i'm working nights friday/ saturday so couldnt even drive up for the afternoon Sad
MattG (Matt Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all those who came along. We had a great day, and it was great to see real progress made on a few projects. Smile

I managed to take a few photos through the day...

Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a great day, thanks to everyone who came along Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks from me as well, I had a great day.

Plus big thanks to Matt for helping me get started on my X-Wing costume, super psyched about it Laughing
MattG (Matt Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased to be able to help Smile
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the madness Wink Great to be able to chat paints with you as well Smile
Farra Sti (Andrea Stout)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a shame I live too far away to come to these things.
MattG (Matt Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully one day it'll fit in with your plans.

We try to plan the days to be long enough to justify people traveling in from out of town.
Farra Sti (Andrea Stout)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it's an all day thing I wouldn't need to be there at 10.30 and could just show up when I get there since I'd have quite a way to travel. I'll keep an eye out for when the next one will be. It is possible I might be able to come in the morning then leave about 1ish to go to my training if these days are on Saturdays as I train on a Saturday. Would be great to combine things and it would mean I could get to training since I"d be coming up there. I am aiming to try to get to training every 3 weeks now that IPW are folding. I was going when IPW had a show and training then going to their show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: