Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9c95a74937433d122809e2b5eb89e83fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Female Nautolan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lon (Madelon)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Female Nautolan Reply with quote

Hi all! Very Happy This is the first time I open a topic about a WIP from a costume so please don't be too hard on me please Rolling Eyes ..
Because I've already posted a few updates on our own bases forum I will copy-paste them into this first post. So be prepared and sit back Razz Razz

(My other masks)
Twi'Lek: http://everyoneweb.com/WA/DataFileselyon/rltanngellaleftside.JPG
Shaak Ti: http://everyoneweb.com/WA/DataFileselyon/shaakti01.JPG
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a new project witch I'm going to start very soon. I have been working at my Twi'lek mask for several years now and I'm finally happy with the lekku. At least, I'm finishing it in a couple of days but I think it will be good enough. To make sure I will NOT tear it apart again and start over I'm going to start a new project: a female nautolan!!

It will become a jedi, smuggler, bounty hunter or maybe even a sith. Don't know yet. And it has to be finished before CE II!! 11 month's for building!

These are my inspiration pic.'s and the reason I want to make a female nautolan:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080905001559/starwars/images/a/a6/Nautolan_Fem_Sith_SWGTCG.jpg

http://www.deviantart.com/download/314824282/slaisa__magister_impressor___nautolan_by_silfae-d57fryy.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30/12/2012
Today I've made a small progress with the mask. I've done some research about it on how many tentackles it has to have and those type of things.. I've also made a few drawings for myself as a guidebook when making and designing my Nautolan mask.

Soon more... Smile

10/01/2013
Posted the first photo from the beginning of my nautolan mask a week ago at facebook but today I've made more progress so here are some pictures Smile It isn't finished by far so it still does look kind of stupid Rolling Eyes

22/01/2013
Again, I've made a few tiny updates Smile Still isn't finished at all though Razz That will still take a while, but you have to begin somewhere! Looks simple, a few tentacles behind the head but.. Unfortunately that is just a dream Rolling Eyes Laughing That I've noticed by now.. Very Happy

ENJOY!!

28/01/2013
Also this is part of the progress and happens sometimes...

Today I've already restored it and made it more detailed. Tomorrow I'm going to put air draying clay over it so it won't break again. Smile
Piccies soon Wink Very Happy Mr. Green

03/02/2013
Dance Chewie More updates!!! Dance Chewie

Today I've covered my whole mask in air-drying clay so it won't break again and I can also see where I need to change things. Smile
I'm already far on my way to the endproduct!! But still not finished! Cool Cool

Oh and critics are also welcome!!! Wink Very Happy

-------------------BEGIN ------------------------------------------------------ TODAY ---------------------

-------------------BEGIN ----------------------------------------------------- TODAY ---------------------

On the right picture you will notice that the front tentackle is missing but I've taken that one off cause then I could make the upper ones more round as they should be. So it was in the way Razz And also the two lowest tentackles are practically finished, the rest isn't.. Wink

I'm already seeing how it's going to be cause I've made so much progress the last couple of days Smile I've also decided to make the eyes in clay so it's easier to see till where I need to put the latex on and also to make the mask more fluent onto my head.

That's it for today!! woo hoo

Thanks in advance for reading and having interest!!! Smiley Rose

Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
That's an amazing, and REAAAAAAAAALy interesting project....

AND, a really beautiful beginning !
pompom

Keep going, and please post other pics of the advancment, you make me inspiration again, to come daily on this forum, and to make more costume !

Thank you for that !
Lon (Madelon)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all: Thank you so much Ritin Kornas for all your loving words Smiley Rose
It's an honour for me to be someone elses inspiration bow I also get inspired by other people who are also very good in what they do! Very Happy It gives you a goal to get better skills and make more beautifull stuff Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dance Chewie UPDATE TIME Dance Chewie

Yepp! Very Happy Beginning of the latex mask is made! Very Happy Very Happy At the picture you'll see the mold of the mask and also a finished tentacle (except for the color). It is flexible as you can see at the picture. Very Happy Just so happy this worked out cause that was what I wanted, movement!! 8-) To make it "real" Very Happy Very Happy I've putted it onto the clay mold just to show you a bit how this will look in the end.. 13 more tentacles and one mask to go! yayy! woo hoo

More soon!!

Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please miss Lon...
This is my duty to offer your some flowers, not you to me...
So here they are :

Rose Rose Rose Smiley Rose
Smile

So, thanks to you, I finally start also my project, an alien jedi, that I wish will be beautyful also !
And I will use latex also, but not with the same requirments than you. But for now, I'm worling on my feets, and just sculpt them. The latex will come later... as I'm student, I wait for March to buy it Smile

Let's have a Look to your Update !

Great job for this first tentacle !
But there I've got some question, always trying to know details on costume Smile even if I will never were it myself (leia slave or padmé picnic for example...)
What do you use as a base for the tentacle. Is it something like that :

? Sorry, I don't know the word in english for this isolation thing.

Well It's look really good anyway ! Good luck for the next 13 !

And, so i've got an other question. About the eyes. I see you don't have made something for your face yet. Is it because you will do it later, and so also the eyes, or is it because you will be an hybrid Nautolan.human ?
Do you already now what you will use for the spheric dark eyes ? (If you'll make some) If not, I've find something interesting for such eyes here in France, in a art and creation shop, but I don't know how to named it in french ! But I may take a pictures for you Wink (after buying some, but i will for my own project, and because it's really cheap (1euro or less))

I will be glad to join you a CE II for a couple of pictures Smile

Edit : ok, i Just had a look to your profile and realize that I know you, and your banner... from benelux base ! Smile
Amalphiea ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Cool
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Lon (Madelon)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Amalphiea: Thank you so much! Very Happy

@Ritin Kornas: I am so, so happy I secretly convinced you to start your project too!! If you make it yourself, do your best and put some love in the project it will be beautifull! Just remember that everybody has to begin somewhere. I did also.. 6 years ago.. And kept changing my Twi'Lek lekku untill the beginning of this year..

I've made it the same way as my mask. The base tentacle from clay, latex over it. Strip it down ( Embarassed You'll get the idea of a XXXXXXL-condom Rolling Eyes ) and then fill it up with wadding... Very Happy It's very light-weight too and I'm glad it is.. 14 tentacles is a weight to wear at your head Laughing

My eyes.. In the beginning I will use my own eyes but will wear bright yellow lenses Very Happy After I saw this picture: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/197/5/3/slaisa__magister_impressor___nautolan_by_silfae-d57fryy.jpg
I really felt in love with Nautolan.. bow So this is my goal for CEII. Maybe in the future I will decide to make a "nautolan face".. I have no idea how I'm going to make this..yet.. Rolling Eyes

Would be soo cool to make a picture together!! Mr. Green Mr. Green
When you have more questions don't be afraid to ask! It's cool to help eachother and get better!! Very Happy Very Happy

Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not a secret you convinced me Very Happy to restart it. Or well, to start the making process Smile
That's not my first costume, I always make them entirely myself Smile and so... I will make it with love yes :)Hope the result will be beautyful.
I got the same problem than you with my custom sith. Since... 2007 I'm every time wearing a different version of it, with update Smile except tommorow and well... that's not sure, I may make something for it this night ^^

So, back to the topic...

I still don't know if it's a joke or not, or if I missunderstand what you say for the tentacle :s
but Yes, I'm sur I will be heavy oh the head. How will you stuck it on your head ?

for the eyes :

http://www.fpv4ever.com/2257-thickbox/demi-boule-plastique-cristal-noire-diam-10cm.jpg

It seems totally black from outside, but in reality, if you look to some with light, from somewhere black (so if it's on your face) You see quite well, with only a dark blue effect Smile

And yes, pics together will be cool, can't wait for them ! ^^
Lon (Madelon)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dance Chewie UPDATE Dance Chewie

I've removed the latex from the mold a few days ago.. Filled it up so it's more firm.. I've attatched the first tentacle to the mask and this is how it looks now Cool Cool

I'm very happy with the result this far and tentacle 2 is on it's way!! Very Happy
*Going like a speederbike!!! Mr. Green *

Lonescout (Angelo Marcano)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Progress!

Former BSN Admid.
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lon wrote:
and this is how it looks now Cool

And this is really good looking !

Still can't wait to see next update !

And... this is a really fast progress !
It's almost finished for the mask.

Do you know finally, who will be your nautolan ? Pilot, jedi, sith, smugglers, dancer ? Very Happy
Tokana (Tonia Antilla)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Very nice!!

A great student is what the teacher hopes to be.
~Jedi Proverb
Lon (Madelon)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lonescout and Tokana!!

Dance Chewie New Update!! Dance Chewie

It's a while ago since my last post but I did not hang around doing nothing! Razz I've now finished 6 tentackles as you can see at the photo below. I'm very, very proud already though it does look a bit strange in the front when I wear it.. But that's a detail work which I will elaborate in the end.. First finish those other 8 tentakles!! 3,5 month's till it needs to be finished! Surprised Surprised

Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure You will managed to get same finished in time ! But even if one or two are missing, you can say they were cut by a ligthsaber Very Happy

It's beginning to really look like a nautolan, can wait for next update !
Still a good job !
Dust ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking VERY good! I'll be following your progress with great interest, do please post lots of pictures of your work Smile
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following this awesome build. This is looking fantastic!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: