About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8936c03d5508a56636498db69fb272dbMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Il-Naperville/ 60563 St. Patricks Day Parade March 16, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base -> Nar Shaddaa Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (2)

(1)

(2)

User Registered Confirmed
Queen_of_the_UniverseSat Jan 12, 2013 9:20 pm
Schph GochiFri Mar 15, 2013 9:22 am
WoulfFri Jan 11, 2013 3:42 pm
KurodorFri Mar 15, 2013 11:36 am
WedgeAntillesFri Mar 15, 2013 3:03 pm
Woulf ()
Nar Shaddaa Base CO
Nar Shaddaa Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Il-Naperville/ 60563 St. Patricks Day Parade March 16, 2013
Event: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:00 pm

We have been asked to participate in the St Patrick's parade in Naperville IL.

from the EC at MWG, Steve Gaza:

The West Suburban Irish has once again contacted and requested the presence of the Mighty 501st!!! We have little more time to plan this time!!!!! Tee hee. Last year, with very short notice, we put together an impressive showing. Let's blow them out of the water again!!! This will be the 20th anniversary of the parade!!!
Registration has already been submitted and we are signed up for 20 troopers (more is fine) and one vehicle.

When: Saturday, March 16, 2013 ---10:00 AM
Where: Naperville Central High School south parking lot.
Details will be updated, Gaza is willing to have everyone over to his house around 8AM to assemble and repack cars/trucks for carpooling to the parade area.
A map of the parade route and to Gaza's house will be posted in a future update.

I will update info as it is posted.

UPDATES

UPDATE!!!! 2/12/2013 http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=41.746287,-88.128991&spn=0.026224,0.045576&t=h&z=15 Gaza's house is at 33 Bunting Ln. On the map, it is in the first cul-de-sac behind the Napervill Congregational Church at the southwest corner of 75th and Washington.
http://www.naperville.il.us/emplibrary/Special_Events/2013StPatricksDayParade-TCP.pdf Unless anything changes, red marks the parade route. It is suggested to find a parking spot near the end of the parade route on a nearby sidestreet.
UPDATE: 3-5-2013 Please arrive at Naperville North High School between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. The Parade starts promptly at 10:00 am. If you do not plan on going to Gaza's house and carpooling, there will be limited parking at the school. It is recommended to carpool, or have someone drop you off at the school. I will be posting our line number when I receive it on the 8th. You will need this if you come to the school alone.
UPDATE!!!!!! 3-8-2013 Our official line-up position number has been announced. We are #41 in the parade line-up!!!!
UPDATE: 3-11-2013. Cheryl Whitaker has volunteered to arrive at the school by 8 AM with her parade vehicle and to be our parade base. You have the option to drop your costume off at base (highly recommended) or continuing on to Gaza's house to shuttle from there. We want to limit the back and forth trips from Gaza's house to base. If you have a large vehicle and are willing to do some shuttling, please do. We are trying to eliminate the need for troopers to walk from their cars to base. An extra driver who is NOT in the parade would be a plus. We will be gone from Gaza's house by 8:45 so plan accordingly!!

Nar Shaddaa Base CO
Outlaw Squadron CO

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."

Last edited by Woulf () on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to try to make this...
any of the maybes gonna make it?

Am trying to figure out what to wear and whether or not to bother with the Rebel Flag...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Woulf ()
Nar Shaddaa Base CO
Nar Shaddaa Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my situation at home, and the fact i tried to throw my back out at work...i'm still a maybe...leaning towards no Sad

Nar Shaddaa Base CO
Outlaw Squadron CO

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch...
bummer...
parades are no good for backs...

Looks like I am pretty much a "go" for the parade tomorrow...I checked with the other two chainsaw operators and it looks like both Don and Rod will be sawing at the workday tomorrow...so they should be able to keep up with the other volunteers without my chainsaw...

With the weather being pretty cold, I might wear the Snowspeeder Pilot...it will be one of the few opportunities to wear that costume as the jacket - where thin- is like wearing a plastic bag and I about exploded from heat wearing it for like 10 minutes indoors...lol...
and...with it looking like there will be only two Rebels...I guess I need to go with recognizeable...
I was going to wear Hoth Trench Trooper ....but....don't get much reaction with that costume...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope not going to make it. I forgot I have other plans tomorrow I need to take care of.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base -> Nar Shaddaa Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: