About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=994aa27455305ef6b80ec60391719cccMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

IL-Chicago-Southside Irish Parade SUN 3/10/13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base -> Nar Shaddaa Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(0)

(2)

User Registered Confirmed
Schph GochiSun Mar 03, 2013 10:56 am
KurodorTue Jan 22, 2013 5:25 am
WedgeAntillesMon Mar 04, 2013 3:04 pm
Woulf ()
Nar Shaddaa Base CO
Nar Shaddaa Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: IL-Chicago-Southside Irish Parade SUN 3/10/13
Event: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Contact Name: Kevin Coakley
Contact Phone Number: (847) 489-3566
Contact Email: Bigcoakes@yahoo.com
Event Name: South Side Irish St. Patrick's Day Parade
Venue: Outside
Venue address: 10300-11500 South Western Ave. Chicago, Illinois 60655 USA
Event Start: March 10 - 1130
Event End: March 10 - 230
Event Website: http://www.southsideirishparade.org
Expected number of attendees: 100,000
Requested number of characters: 10+
Requested character types:
Secure changing/staging area: Yes
Comments: Community Irish Parade with a focus on children
Referred by: Saw you at Thanksgiving Day Parade

Some more info provided by midwest garrison contact, Fleetfang:
"I've spoken with Kevin and gotten a few more details and information that will hopefully set some concerns to rest.

First of all, note that this parade is on Sunday the 10th, while the Naperville St. Pat's Parade is on Saturday March 17th, so this won't be conflicting with our long-standing commitment there.

Second, Rebels are welcome! Mr. Coakley attempted to submit a request form with the Rebel Legion, but the online form got kicked back to him four times. He asked me to extend the invitation to the NSB and any surrounding units.

Third, I know that there have been concerns about security at this parade in the past. It did tend to get overrun with drunken revelry. The city shut them down for a year or two because of it, but the Southside Irish really wanted to bring it back. Against the wishes of the Alderman, last year, they did, but this time they decided to put the focus on making it kid- and family-friendly. Buses that were coming in from nearby universities were turned away, open container laws were strictly enforced, private security (off-duty police officers) were hired. In the end, they pulled off a great parade, and they proved to the Alderman that it could be done. They now have his full support.

We will have a secure changing space. Since the parade is still months away, Mr. Coakley is not sure where it will be exactly yet, but it'll likely be in a local bank or store. If all else fails, we'll be offered the home of a local parade organizer.
Street parking is generally the rule in the neighborhood, but Mr. Coakley says he will try to arrange something to accommodate us.

While this parade used to be televised, it is not likely to be now. All of the news stations will be out there to cover it, though.

QUESTION FOR THE GROUP:
Mr. Coakley asked me if we wanted to march in the parade as a unit, or if we would prefer to walk up and down the parade route sidelines interacting with fans. I'm not sure which you guys prefer, so we can open that up to discussion. "

Nar Shaddaa Base CO
Outlaw Squadron CO

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a possiblility for this....
depends on how many Rebels we can get...

with regard to staying in formation vs walking the side lines...
I always prefer staying in formation..

Wink

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....looks like I have signed on for this parade...
and...
it appears by the Registration above that I am the only Rebel going...

So....costume depends on the weather and if we get other Rebels to attend...

IF the weather is at least halfway decent (like about 40-50 degrees and sunny)...I will likely wear my Imperial Gunner...
If it is cold....
I might swap out into either Hoth or Snowspeeder Pilot...
probably Snowspeeder Pilot as that would be more recognizeable....

According to the website..
the "marching order" for this parade is due up later today...

http://www.southsideirishparade.org/index.php?id=23

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base -> Nar Shaddaa Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: