About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=389d786ee5a7446e66ca7ad2a595db5dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

OH - SW Imagination exhibit - June 1-4 2006
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starkiller

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: OH - SW Imagination exhibit - June 1-4 2006 Reply with quote

Star Wars Imagination display visiting Columbus COSI Museum

UPDATE 11/25:

Today Kim and representatives from the 501st spoke with Carli at COSI, and we have some further details about the event:

Thursday, June 1, 2006: Thursday is 501st only, and even then it will only be about 10 people total. Rebel Legion is not required for Thursday at all.

Friday, June 2: 6 PM- 3 AM: They want Friday loaded with everyone. They literally want 100 of us the rest of the weekend, so I hope we can do it. There will also only be one of each face character at a time allowed on Friday-- one Padme, one Anakin, one Luke, etc. We will do a rotating schedule so everyone will get the chance to take the spotlight. All other movie-canon costumes are permitted on Friday, so we can fill the place with as many pilots, Jedi, and RFTs that we want.

Saturday, June 3: 10 AM-5PM: Same as Friday except two Padmes will be allowed on Saturday, but not from the same movie. That means we can't have two pregnant padmes or two Queen Amidalas. All other rules from Friday apply.

Sunday, June 4: 12-6: Same as Saturday.

The rest of the exhibit: If people who are local or near Columbus and want to go on their own the rest of the event and volunteer in costume, you will be able to get a free pass and go to the exhibit. The weekend after this is a VIP event probably featuring Tony Daniels, so if you can go to that as well that would be great.

Like I said, we will be going on a rotating schedule for face characters. I don't think we'll work out times until we see what kind of response we get, but Kim and I feel this is the best and most fair way to do it.

Also, the museum has requested that our face characters look like the people they are portraying, so no blonde Padmes or red-headed Lukes or short Chewies. It's all canon all the time.

People wil be decided on by Kim, myself, Phyllis, even though I haven't asked her yet. I'm CO, Phyllis is XO, and Kim is the Ohio State Captain, so it makes the most sense. Two of the three of us will have to agree in order for people to participate. People will also have to send us new costumed photos for the approval process-- I mean like get in your costume today and take a new picture and send it to me. Your membership photos will not be used to determine whether or not you can partipate in this event. COSI is very adamant about quality and presentation, so we're not going to take any chances.

This is going to be an exciting weekend for all of us, and we've got some great things that we'll be able to talk about in the next month or two in terms of incentives, but I can't talk about them until they've been finalized. This is a huge event for the Rebel Legion and all Star Wars costumers in general, and it's just gonna kick butt.

We're gonna be great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OK I am pretty sure many of us know this is kicking off in Boston, but the schedule lists COSI Museum in Columbus Ohio as the next stop. I contacted the museum via Email and this is the reply I was given for the scheduled date(s).

The exhibit is scheduled to be here from June 2006 (public opening date to be determined) to September 4th, 2006.

Best regards,

Ted Kessel

COSI Guest Services

I know this is a bit early to start planning, I just thought it would be a good time to pass this along so some folks in the midwest base so they can plan accordingly. I know I am short on vacation time so I will actually have to put in for this as soon as an exact date is posted. Here are some links for the show. It leaves Boston on the 30th of April 2006. Have a good one!!

http://www.mos.org/doc/1527

http://www.mos.org/doc/1651

Starkiller

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: OH - SW Imagination exhibit - June 1-4 2006 Reply with quote

Here is a link for the COSI Museum

http://www.cosi.org/visit/exhibits/index.html

Krash ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: OH - SW Imagination exhibit - June 1-4 2006 Reply with quote

I've already mentioned this to Kim....I'm game for just about anything to do with this!

I do know the Columbus FF is looking to volunteer at COSI, over the course of the exhibit.

hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: OH - SW Imagination exhibit - June 1-4 2006 Reply with quote

Yeah, we'll have to see if we can do something for them at the opening. Once an official opening date has been determined, we can start talking to them about being there.

Ohio always gets all the cool stuff in the MW Base... well, except for C2 and C3

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jade-Walker (Kimberly Dillon)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: OH - SW Imagination exhibit - June 1-4 2006 Reply with quote

The only stuff I"ve seen so far on the OG boards was for the hype--not the opening itself.  And they only wanted clean armor, no face characters (not even like Boba).

If I see other info, I can let you know.  But I will have my hands quite full with the Cinci Pops in Cleveland event.  If someone else wants to head up this event, be my guest. 

hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: OH - SW Imagination exhibit - June 1-4 2006 Reply with quote

Well, if it's not for another 11 months, I don't think we need to jump on it immediately or anything. Cleveland definitely takes precedence over this. It can wait until October.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: OH - SW Imagination exhibit - June 1-4 2006 Reply with quote

Just read from the XO of the OG that they will be wanting Rebels for the opening--movie canon.

hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: OH - SW Imagination exhibit - June 1-4 2006 Reply with quote

But they don't have a specific date, correct? Just sometime in June of next year is all we know?
jedimom ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: OH - SW Imagination exhibit - June 1-4 2006 Reply with quote

I'll be there if they need Jedi
MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: OH - SW Imagination exhibit - June 1-4 2006 Reply with quote

Kathy VanB posted this info last week on the Midwest Garrison boards: (reposted with her permission)

June 1 - 4, 2006 will be the opening weekend of the exhibit at COSI. (Columbus OH)

Thursday evening June 1st will be the press opening. Local Ohio members will be on hand for that.

The exhibit opens to the public at midnight on Friday June 2nd. Costumed members will be more than welcome.

COSI hopes and plans to have spectacular events on Saturday June 3rd & Sunday June 4th. They would love to have "a hundred" costumed members on hand for the weekend.

They are looking into arranging special guests, possibly actors, LFL artists, ILM technical people and more for the opening weekend and perhaps throughout the duration of the exhibition.

They will have a hotel partner for discounted room packages, etc. and will forward that info as soon as it is available.

Kathy also said she was sure all sides of the force will be welcome to participate in this event. I'm really excited about this one!

Regards,

M.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: OH - SW Imagination exhibit - June 1-4 2006 Reply with quote

Thanks for all that info.

Sounds like fun. 

hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: OH - SW Imagination exhibit - June 1-4 2006 Reply with quote

Folks, I'm gonna bump this and maybe sticky it b/c this thing was HUGE in Boston over the weekend and we might want to start to get going on this now just in case. I'm going to want a big presence there from us, so it doesnt' hurt to plan early.
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: OH - SW Imagination exhibit - June 1-4 2006 Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Jade-Walker on 19 July 2005

Just read from the XO of the OG that they will be wanting Rebels for the opening--movie canon.

That's good news...can't wait to be part of this one!

...have lightsaber, will travel!

OH Padme ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: OH - SW Imagination exhibit - June 1-4 2006 Reply with quote

I know i shall be there with either RL or OG .. so see you all there
MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: OH - SW Imagination exhibit - June 1-4 2006 Reply with quote

Boston was incredible!  The exhibit is terrific with a variety of props and costumes including the Vader mask from ROTS and a mock-up of the Falcon cockpit!  The costuming presence really made the event special!  I hope we can help make the Ohio Opening a great event, too!

Matt - I told you sometimes being evil has it's rewards!  That's me on the right and my hubby in the center. 

http://www.501neg.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=420&pos=65    

Regards,

M.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: