About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7679fcbc7783b812ed00e0964ed2d95eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Quality of Blast-Tech??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScruffyLookin' ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Quality of Blast-Tech?? Reply with quote

Hello, from Albuquerque, NM! This is my first post here, and I'm waiting to start a Han Solo ANH build for approval. Anyways, I'd like to have an all metal DL-44, and while I sadly missed out on the aluminum parts run on the RPF, I see Blast Tech sells most of them.

What I'm wanting to hear are reviews of e quality of their products from people who have used them. I have no issue pulling th trigger on quality products. I just like to know about them, first Smile

Thanks!

Greg
Darman Solo (Kerry "Darman" Ellison)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a denix replica, however mine was picked up at a gun show for $10.00 years ago. And I have the V-8 model that most of the greeblies come from. The only thing I didn't have was the scope.....Blas Tec has some nice looking ieces, but I think they are a bit hight for pieces of resin that are non functional....I make my own stuff cheaper. But everyone has different wants/needs/skill levels. I've heard good things as far as product goes however, its the cost I had issues with.

Good Luck!
Star Garrison - Oklahoma Squad

ANH and ESB Han - 99% Complete
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to his website, the bulk of John's DL-44 stuff is not resin but machined aluminium.

Both of his flash hiders are aluminium, as his ANH scope, most of his scope mounting brackets are as well. A few other parts are injection molded PVC. His TESB/ROTJ scope is the only part that is cast resin. Even his gun replica is die cast.
ScruffyLookin' ()

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the parts aren't resin, but aluminum? That's terrific! Seems like he provides almost everything I need to create an all metal blaster. And at half the cost f the RPF run. Just not as many pieces. Thanks!
Darman Solo (Kerry "Darman" Ellison)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected Matt...I was referring to the ESB Scope, as that is the specific piece I was working on!

Sorry about that ScruffyLookin
Star Garrison - Oklahoma Squad

ANH and ESB Han - 99% Complete
theeviltwin ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought their ANH kit back in 2009 to convert a (HFC make, gas powered) Mauser and I was a bit disappointed with it. There wasn't anything wrong with it, it is just that for the high cost I was expecting almost all of it to be made of metal when in fact almost all of it was plastic. The only metal parts were the flash hider, some screws and a couple of spacers / washers. The grill, the scope bracket, the scope "cradle", the scope brackets and the scope itself were all plastic. The quality of the plastic was good, just very expensive for what it was.

I stress that there wasn't anything wrong with the product or service, I was satisfied with the result. But it's just that I would have been happier paying that price for aluminium parts.
ScruffyLookin' ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I didn't realize only the flash suppressor was aluminum. Makes me double think the $200 price tag for plastic parts..

Is there any other option currently for aluminum parts for ANH DL-44? Thanks!

Greg
ScruffyLookin' ()

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is Blast-Tech the only hand in the game for metal DL-44 parts, or is there another supplier?
Hank solo ()

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to talked to Darth Hair here? He sells metal ESB DL-44's for a good price and I am very happy with mine. Maybe he can hook you up with ANH?

Here is a link to his post:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36742
Mandalorian Mercs: Vult Tavik (#603)
jaytripwire ()

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B_Tech doesnt seem to be doing anything anymore, he only has a handful of parts and never gave me any answers whether he was going to have anything in the future.
jaytripwire ()

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the DL 44 from Darth Hair also, with the woodgrips and its wicked.
ScruffyLookin' ()

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He still seems to the only game in town that sells the scope mount. I emailed him with the address listed on his site, but haven't heard back. It's been a few days.

Is he no longer around?
Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to check with Corellian Exports (email - corellianexports@aol.com) - I think he has some aluminum mounts.
TheFoo ()

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Contacted Blast-Tech Reply with quote

I was looking to do an ESB DL-44 and wanted to buy the "Kit" to convert an airsoft broomhandle. His response was that ALL of the parts are out of stock.
Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Contacted Blast-Tech Reply with quote

Head over to the RPF (http://www.therpf.com) - they did a run not too long ago if I recall, and if you contact the guy who did it he might have some extra, or might do a new run. You will have to be a registered user to get into the Junkyard though...

TheFoo wrote:
I was looking to do an ESB DL-44 and wanted to buy the "Kit" to convert an airsoft broomhandle. His response was that ALL of the parts are out of stock.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: