Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=53dcb75b794dc4f5e5d0fda20d3b6669Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Introduce yourself!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buhatkj ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Hello everyone! Reply with quote

Hi there!
I'm ted, from tucker, GA. Over the last few years I have built my own RC astromech, having been an active member of the r2builders since Sept. 2010.
Recently I got the idea to put together a costume for when I am out at events with my droid, and thought an appropriate one to start with would be the yavin Rebel Technician :-) I am getting my costume together now; I have a belt, helmet, and jumpsuit all in process of ordering from various places, and will be building the smaller accessories and details on my own. My R2 is probably 75% scratch-built, so i have no fear of doing things myself where possible.
Once I have it all together, I hope to apply for costume approval soon and maybe even be at C6 in costume :-)

Here is a few pics of my Droid :-)

I have both R5 and R2 heads for him, since there are two canon droids with this color scheme, R5-X2 and R2-R9 :-)
loosetoon (Steve)
Bespin Base CO
Bespin Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The droids look so cool! Welcome!

Rebel Legion Profile

Funky Buns (Daphne Collier)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Hello everyone! Reply with quote

buhatkj wrote:

Recently I got the idea to put together a costume for when I am out at events with my droid, and thought an appropriate one to start with would be the yavin Rebel Technician
Welcome, Ted! The Yavin Tech would be a cool costume. I don't think I've seen one here in Bespin Base. Good luck with it.
R.Bapst (Robert Bapst)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Greetings! Reply with quote

I was just approved for membership to the forums, so hello! I am in the process of building a formal Han Solo ESB costume. My pants are having a pin tuck sewn on and my belt and boots are in the mail as I type this. I am excited to take my photos and apply for membership as soon as my costume pieces are finished/arrive and the paint on my belt tools is dry. Very Happy So, I'm hoping my costume passes muster, that way I can start fighting the good fight!
bfelosi ()

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm Beth. I'm from Winder, GA. I'm not yet a member of the Rebel Legion. I need to do a little more work to my Corellian Jedi. I should be posting photos soon of it on the message boards to see what I need to change or leave the same. I met a few members of Bespin Base at Dragon Con this year. I just thought I would drop by by and say hello.

Last edited by bfelosi () on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Bespin Base forums Robert and Beth! I'm looking forward to seeing your costumes. Very Happy
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Bespin Base XO
Bespin Base XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Beth! I met you at the RL table and am glad to see you here!

Robert and Ted, glad to have you here as well!

If you have any questions or need any feedback, please be sure to post here and/or in the appropriate costume forums, as Beth is planning to do. (If you're not sure where to go, ask us.)

Can't wait to see your costumes (and droids Smile) and have you join the good fight! You will all be welcome additions to making Bespin a great place!

Proverbs 3:5-6

Check out our new Facebook Fan Page! https://www.facebook.com/BespinBaseGA
Culurien A'jelor ()

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

Hey guys,

My name is Jessica, and I go by Culurien (coo-LOO-ree-in) A'jelor (AH-je-lore OR AA-je-lore), for my Jedi name. I'm totally fine being called by Culurien or Culu (coo-LOO) in real life, as I don't get a chance to hear my Jedi name very often. Smile

I met your group at the FanGroup panel at this year's Dragon*Con. I am absolutely going to join up as a full member as soon as I can get a good belt and some food capsules (along with the Jedi Assembly). That's the only thing I'm missing from my generic Jedi costume. I heard from Nova Darklighter about MonJas, who does some good belts. Signed up on Jedi Assembly forums, but not been approved yet.

I absolutely LOVE Star Wars, and especially the Jedi. I read and write fan fic for it, etc. I hope to eventually make an Old Republic specific costume, from SWTOR, as I play it obsessively (Ebon Hawk, RP-PVE). I am 25, married to a great guy who is now looking into making his first Commando suit, and applying to grad schools this fall for summer 2013. We live in GA, about 50 min from ATL, in Lawrenceville.

Any excuse to hang out in Jedi robes is totally a good one! Very Happy

~ Culurien
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Culurien! I'm glad you found us. We've got a lot of Jedi here in Bespin Base, so you should feel right at home. Smile I'm currently working on a generic Jedi costume myself. Wink Yay!
Antar Bolt ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Culurien, is your husband wanting to make an Endor Commando, or so a set of Republic Commando armor? I've made 2 Endor commandos, so if he needs any advice I will help out in any way I can. If you havent allready, post a work in progress picture of your Jedi over in the Jedi forums, it never hurts ot get more people looking over a costume before you submit.

Beth, what do you have left to do on your Jedi? I have done two New Republic style Jedi, so if you have any questions I'll be hapy to give you advice.

Bespin Base Temple Master
waitaminit ()

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Time to join up as well Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've been kicking around the idea of joining the Legion and finally just decided that no time is ever perfect; so this is obviously the perfect time!

My name is Brett and I live up in Canton Ga, I'm going to be starting with an RoTJ Han Solo... and I might just say the hell with it and do an ANH at the same time (cut down on setup time by doing some of the work twice).

Always appreciated Han for just being a regular guy that was able to compete with the big heavies, and there's just something about that attitude of his that is so appealing.

Looking forward to hearing from/meeting you all; any advice you have is more than appreciated!

~Brett
BobaFiend (Austin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi members of Bespin Base!

My name is Austin and I'm BH-6238 of Georgia Garrison.

A friend of mine, James, from the Mandalorian Mercs has volunteered to participate in Star Wars Uncut and we're looking for a few Hero characters to round out the cast! Check out the interest thread if you'd like to be in a fan film. Hope to meet some of you soon.

Regards,
Austin
TattooedPirate (Chrissy)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!

I am new to the forum. I am in the middle of constructing an Ahsoka Tano costume. (as well
a clone trooper costume for my son). Hope to be ready in time for Dcon & to join as a member!
loosetoon (Steve)
Bespin Base CO
Bespin Base CO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TattooedPirate wrote:
Hi all!

I am new to the forum. I am in the middle of constructing an Ahsoka Tano costume. (as well
a clone trooper costume for my son). Hope to be ready in time for Dcon & to join as a member!

Excellent! I love Ahsoka and Ashley Eckstein. We did a Star Wars Reads Day event with her last year.

Welcome!

Rebel Legion Profile

Nimsil (Brent Galanski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TattooedPirate wrote:
Hi all!

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing some progress pics for both costumes. Let us know if you have any questions.

Brent

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15

Jump to: