About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=93471f316fd4a573e6080398c93505a2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Member Introduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Kenobi (Paul Moomey)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: New Member Introduction Reply with quote

This is my first official post to introduce myself. My name is Paul Moomey and my Ben Kenobi costume was approved last week as a formal costume. I live in Houston, TX (actually Spring just south of The Woodlands). I have been a member of the Replica Prop Forum for many years (admittedly not so active in recent years) and that is how I was able to create my costume with the help of several other RPF members. I have been on a quest recently to find more screen accurate materials for both the inner and outer robes, tunics, etc.. I have mostly just worn my costume during halloween for the trick or treaters. I recently wore my costume at a birthday party of a friend for her young children. She also had some friends of hers from the 501st attending. After seeing my costume the 501st guys encouraged me to apply to the Rebel Legion. I also attended a local comic book store event at the request of the owner along with some of the same 501st members and it went well. So here I am - excited to get to know everyone and get involved in some local events along with you. Hopefully I am posting this in the correct forum but if not please let me know and I will endeavor to get it corrected.
Fearless (Pete Cardona)
Kessel Base XO
Kessel Base XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Rebel Legion Kessel Base Paul! It is always great to have new members join! Saw your Ben Kenobi pics, and they look awesome! Excellent job!

Please keep an eye out on the Kessel Base forums to see the upcoming events in or around your area. Feel free to attend events in other cities (San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, etc.) if you want.

Please be sure to join our Kessel Base Facebook page.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Look forward to trooping with you!

MTFBWY

-Pete[/url]

Ben Kenobi (Paul Moomey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pete. I was not aware of the Facebook page so I went right away to sign up. Thanks for the welcoming post there.

I have been browsing the RL forum a lot lately but I am still a little confused on how to get involved in the posted events. I see where there is a calendar but am not sure what to do from there. Do I look for a posting in the forum specific to the event and who keeps track of whether or not there are more people signing up than is requested by the event coordinator?. Also - if an event is something like a comic con where you would ordinarily have to buy tickets to attend - do RL members need to buy tickets as well?? I can't imagine RL members getting in free for something big but if it is a special event within - I just don't know. From past experience I know it can sometimes be almost impossible to get tickets to things like San Diego CC for example (I know it isn't in our region but as an example).

Finally - how do I sign up for the Knights of the Jedi Order and do I need to? I saw that their main responsibility is to help with costuming standards but I'm only familiar with Ben's costume.

Paul
Danpa (Danny Patterson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmoomey wrote:

I have been browsing the RL forum a lot lately but I am still a little confused on how to get involved in the posted events. I see where there is a calendar but am not sure what to do from there. Do I look for a posting in the forum specific to the event and who keeps track of whether or not there are more people signing up than is requested by the event coordinator?. Also - if an event is something like a comic con where you would ordinarily have to buy tickets to attend - do RL members need to buy tickets as well?? I can't imagine RL members getting in free for something big but if it is a special event within - I just don't know. From past experience I know it can sometimes be almost impossible to get tickets to things like San Diego CC for example (I know it isn't in our region but as an example).

Finally - how do I sign up for the Knights of the Jedi Order and do I need to? I saw that their main responsibility is to help with costuming standards but I'm only familiar with Ben's costume.

Paul

Welcome aboard Paul!

Great to see another Rebel in the Houston area (I'm in Houston BTW).

As far as finding events in the Kessel Base area, it's in the section named "Base Events", here is a link to that section:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=295

As far as paying for admission to conventions, etc. we usually have to pay (just like the public), some conventions will give us a discount (Comicpalooza in Houston) and I think the Space City Con (also in Houston) let us get in for free (if I remember right).

To join the Knights Of The Jedi Order, just post some pics of your costume at this link:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12290&highlight=

If you need any help on the boards (trying to find things or questions) feel free to contact me.
* 501st Legion (Star Garrison - STXS) ID/IG-7595
---- Imperial Officer Corps
---- Imperial Gunnery Corps
* Jedi Assembly (Southern Order)
Maumi (Dena Maumi Curtis)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard.
Ben Kenobi (Paul Moomey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Danny and Dena - looking forward to meeting all the members in this area. There is a lot of information here in the site to absorb - still browsing around.

Paul
Fearless (Pete Cardona)
Kessel Base XO
Kessel Base XO

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving thread to main Kessel Base page.

Garz (Roy Garza)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! Welcome aboard
Temple Master, Star Temple
Jedidan45 ()
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Looking great.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon!?!"
Darman Solo (Kerry "Darman" Ellison)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
Star Garrison - Oklahoma Squad

ANH and ESB Han - 99% Complete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: