About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c0abbe4a6618f1c6c62c3e0af87d2472Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

A frenchie Coming
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> German Base Yavin -> Öffentliches Forum -> German Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: A frenchie Coming Reply with quote

Guten Tag !

ok wait.. I will continue in English, because, I don't speak really German, only some few words... but I take lesson to learn !

Here I go, I'm Thibaut, student in a master of Astrophysics, and from the 22nd of April, until mid August, I will be in your country for a Internship (in Göttingen) !

How well and... I will take my costume (at least, one of them) with me un germany, Senate Guard I guess...

It would be a pleasure to join you on any trooping (Any legoland planned ? would love to go there !) or convention, and learn to discover every of your members, and make friend also, because well...

I may stay for a couple of years more in next years, since my girlfriend is German Smile

Hoping to see you soon,

Thibaut.
Mrs. Jedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey welcome in Germany Smile
I want to make a Senate Guard costume in future too. Where you get the helmet?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you !
Even if I'm not already in germany, but in two month Smile

For my senate guard helmet :
I made it myself :
There you can get some pics :
https://picasaweb.google.com/106167927528037966982/SenateGuard
I'm quiet prood of the result, even if I made mistakes, and it can be improved.

Next time will make an helmet, or make this one again, I will do it in a way slightly different, to avoid those mistakes.

But, here I need to make some improvment on my actual helmet. It is still good, but I'm not happy with a couple of thing (you know... everybody is always anhappy with it's own cosutme.... Smile ) maybe I will try to do them for Celebration Europe, where I really hope to come (beside, i will be just next (compared to France)) and this should be ok, but I don't know which days since I don't have my schedule for this time with the internship.

Well, in the other costume that I have, there is the Tusken Raider (approved) and A custom Sith.
I'm currently working on a costume that you have, as I can see : The Rebel Pilot (X wing) and something else that I keep secret for now.
Oh and, I made Wolverine also one time, but that's not Star Wars Smile
Mrs. Jedi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow a lot of costume plans Wink x-wink LIKE Smile
In 4. May is the German Taunus Wunderland Event. Legoland is a Event of the German Garrison. But if you want to go sent mail to our Troopergirl, Nime or me Wink
thank you for the link to your helmet making!!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Jedi wrote:
thank you for the link to your helmet making!!

You're welcomed !
4th of may.... héhé, why this precise day ?
Very Happy

I will mp you soon, for more informations on the event. Is there a deadline for the event ? (to mp you before that ^^)
Luke_Skywalker (Frank Sommer)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 8 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ritin Kornas welcome to Germany. The 4th May is while we have every year two weeks before Pfingsten our Taunus Wunderland event. I hope you will come.

MTFBWY
Frank

Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be, this is quiet close from Göttingen, the question is, will I be free this week end, and will I get a car ?

For the 4th, It was more a rethoric question, because It's the perfect date : May the 4th, Star Wars day !

thank you for the invitation
Nimé (Vanessa)
German Base CO
German Base  CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salut Tibaut.
I hope you'll have a great time in Germany. Smile
Here are some events you may be interested in:

- 04.05. Taunus Wunderland Star Wars Day, Schlangenbad
- 09.-12.04. FedCon, Düsseldorf (www.fedcon.de)
- 30.05.-02.06. 501st Star Wars Day in Legoland Germany, Günzburg (please apply with picture link via PM)
- 22.-23.07. Sci-Fi Days, Grünstadt
- 26.-28.07. Star Wars Celebration Europe II, Essen (www.starwarscelebration.eu)!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this just a coincidence or most of your events are in the western/south western part of Germany ?
Is it because of the geolocalisation of your members ?

Thank for all this informations, I will study all that. And I may apply to some of them, with a new costume I'm making (a surprise Smile )

Edit : Nimé : wow you have an impressive collection of costume, a lots of !
I really like your twi lek, hope to see one of them during a event Smile
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!

Ritin Kornas wrote:
Is this just a coincidence or most of your events are in the western/south western part of Germany ?
Is it because of the geolocalisation of your members ?
Partly. The western states of Germany are densely settled (the whole area of the so-called Ruhrpott in Northrine-Wesphalia). This counts too for many party in Germany's south-west. The eastern parts are historically more rural and agricultural and the southern parts are (aside from Munich etc.) very mountainous.

In Göttingen itself, there aren't much events I know of - but the citiy has a nice location in Germany's heart and you can reach every important event region within some hours via train or car.

GBY | Temple Assistant Master
KJO | Member

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this very interesting map, AND the explanations.
That explain a lot. We have some phenomenom like that in france : most of the events, and the members are around Paris. Except, one or 2 events well know that are happening every years. But, since one or 2 years, it seems, it begin to have events also in the south mainly, and sometimes west and east. The previous events in east didn't survive multiple editions Confused

And so, most of your members are in the Western part ?

I see on the map too, that Nurnberg is a hot spot for population. It's where my girlfriend lives. When I'm with her in Nurnberg, and sometimes during our daily phone calls, since 1 years and half I'm discovering the German Culture, people, and every kind of things about Germany. But That was a facts i Didn't Know. And I begin to know approximatevly the geography of the biggest cities, but It's still not perfect in my memory Laughing

But yes göttingen seems to be well situated, I guess it exactly at the center of Germany Smile

I jsute want to add something in my present post :
Thanks you everybody for your welcoming !
Cap Fearce (Julian Krause)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: A frenchie Coming Reply with quote

Hello Ritin,

Ritin Kornas wrote:
.. and learn to discover every of your members ..

I hope that you meant 'get to know' instead of 'discover' Wink Otherwise.. Confused

Nevertheless! Hopefully you will have a good time here in Germany. Göttingen is - unfortunately - a little in the middle of nowhere. But as been said, you can reach quite every destination from there by train easily.

The Rebel Legion members are mostly stationed in the southern part of Germany, that´s right and a decent problem in our base. The 501st on the other hand is nearly everywhere - so you could join them as a guest as well. In this case I recommend the German Garrison Western Squad, serving the Ruhr-Area.

Feel free to contact us!
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... if you translate discover in french, it means to learn to know people yes. But does this have another way to be understood in english ?

Because in French this world is also use for something more particular, but in that wase, we d'ont discover the person, but it's body. Laughing

Ok, so I mean to know each one of you yes ! (At least, the ones who will want it to !)

Hum, i was looking to celebration, and the organisation and get a problem ! Do you know any place near the convention center where I could park ? Because I looked to the parking price : 30 euros a day (approximativly). Would be thankful if someone know a alternative. (a cheaper one yes Very Happy)

Oh, and second question, when is the deadline to apply for taunus wunderland ? I'm working on a new costume, and would like to take only it in germany, but I can't apply till is not completed Wink

Thank you all !
Nimé (Vanessa)
German Base CO
German Base  CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ritin Kornas wrote:
Well... if you translate discover in french, it means to learn to know people yes. But does this have another way to be understood in english ?
Because in French this world is also use for something more particular, but in that wase, we d'ont discover the person, but it's body. Laughing
Ok, so I mean to know each one of you yes ! (At least, the ones who will want it to !)

Just a joke, chère. Wink

Ritin Kornas wrote:
Hum, i was looking to celebration, and the organisation and get a problem ! Do you know any place near the convention center where I could park ? Because I looked to the parking price : 30 euros a day (approximativly). Would be thankful if someone know a alternative. (a cheaper one yes Very Happy)

I'm sure there will be places around where you can park for free or little money. I can also recommend to park a bit more far away and take the bus, that's super cheap. Wink

Ritin Kornas wrote:
Oh, and second question, when is the deadline to apply for taunus wunderland ? I'm working on a new costume, and would like to take only it in germany, but I can't apply till is not completed Wink

We can put you on the list with an alternative costume for now and you'll tell us about your progress in time, ok? Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nimé wrote:

Just a joke, chère. Wink

Well, discovering some of the ladies of Germany would have be interesting too... after all, it's also a side of a country culture... if we want to explore this culture, any aspect must be seen :p
But I have a girlfriend, as I said previously, and she is German. (So she can make me explore every aspect of... bayern Culture i guess, more than german one)

Is there much differences between differents "land" ? I mean, social or cultural differences more than administrative one ^^ (who care of the administrative ones?)

Ok nimé, I send you a pm just right next Wink
And after that I will make my german exercice for tomorrow lesson ! (I'm currently learning the past... may I say german people are crazy about some point of language ? ^^' )
Pray I will never talk with you in german ! You may not understand one word of what I would say ! I've got the problem it seems, to add h in front of word, like guten habend, when I talk. But It seems also it's tipically french, we have problems not to add h.
I promise I'm working on not saying those h !

Hum... sorry if I 'tell my life" (I don't know how to translate this expression which means : to expose my life to you, giving maybe boring details and so on, it's not very friendly to say this expression). It's because I.. well, quite excited about the comming month !

Is there any of you in Nürnberg ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> German Base Yavin -> Öffentliches Forum -> German Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: