About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=55a2acb505fddac9602c8e2e7f762c53Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

KC Public Library Friday Night Family Fun SW Celebration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: KC Public Library Friday Night Family Fun SW Celebration
Event from Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:00 am to Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:00 am

Name of Event: Friday Night Family Fun Star Wars Celebration
Event Begins: Fri, June 14, 2013 06:00 pm
Event Ends: Fri, June 14, 2013 08:00 am
Location of Event:
KC Public Library Plaza Branch
4801 Main St
KCMO, MO 64112

Way the event is connected to Star Wars: Friday Night Family Fun is a weekly free program for families with children. We are planning a Star Wars Celebration on June 14th.

The current plan is Star Wars crafts, maybe some lightsaber skills showoff using pool noodles, and I’d love to have someone read Goodnight Forest Moon. I’m encouraging kids to come in costume, so the primary role for your group members is to be in character and be available for photos.

Will there be a place for troopers to change? Yes - bathrooms or storage areas behind auditorium

Will there be a secure place for troopers to store their storage tubs while trooping the event? Storage areas near auditorium

Will family/friends be allowed to attend the event? Yes

Are cameras allowed and can we take pictures at the event? Yes

Are weapons allowed on the costumes? Yes

Is there a special place to park at the event? Does parking cost? Public parking, plus there is a garage off of Volker that can be used for easier access, however we can’t leave more than one vehicle in there for any length of time.

If appropriate, can we have a table with flyers and information about the 501st/70th Explorers? No

Are Rebel Legion/Jedi Assembly/FanForce costumed members requested too? Yes

How many costumed members are requested? 2+

Will lodging be provided by the local troopers for garrison members travelling a great distance? n/a

Additional information or comments: Venue is working on clearance to show a movie, but at least they would like to do crafts and story time. Some ideas thrown around are making oragami Yodaa, lightsabers, and story time (possibly Goodnight Forest Moon?), so if you'd like to help with any of these please say so, or suggest other things we can pass along.

1. Bart German
2. Bruce Cottingham
3. Aubrey Anderson
4. Chris Roberts
5. ?Bill Holmes
6. ?Austin Kocher
7. ?Karissa Holmes

Last edited by gandalfbmg (Bart German) on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:10 am; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So of course, as soon as I got this submitted, she came back and said they need to delay it due to a conflict... they want to do it either June 14th or 21st; I can't think of any events already for either of those dates, but maybe I'm wrong? Can someone think of anything?

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't anything current that I can think of.

Cosplaycon is the last weekend of the month, but it's the only thing that I know of right now.

501st - IC8294
70th Explorers Commanding Officer
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gius Maximus wrote:

Cosplaycon is the last weekend of the month, but it's the only thing that I know of right now.

For my selfish reasons: the 14th is better because we only have to worry about picking up one of the kids between work and this, but it's also the friday after I'll have been off for a week and a half for Denver Comicon/T-Bones baseball, so I don't want to have to take off work again early so soon (one kid or two, based on where we live and where this is, I gotta leave work early :-/).

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gandalfbmg wrote:
Gius Maximus wrote:

For my selfish reasons: the 14th is better because we only have to worry about picking up one of the kids between work and this, but it's also the friday after I'll have been off for a week and a half for Denver Comicon/T-Bones baseball, so I don't want to have to take off work again early so soon (one kid or two, based on where we live and where this is, I gotta leave work early :-/).

Heard back from them: June 14th it is now.

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a reminder about this from the organizer, so bumping to see what we have available. She got confirmation that they'll not be allowed to show a movie, I quote:
"The current plan is Star Wars crafts, maybe some lightsaber skills showoff using pool noodles, and I’d love to have someone read Goodnight Forest Moon. I’m encouraging kids to come in costume, so the primary role for your group members is to be in character and be available for photos."

Pyr Landis (Chris Roberts)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be a go for this.
Snake Eyes: The Finest Official Member
Firefly: The Finest Official Member
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping to try and get a better RSVP count, as this is only a week away (and we now are double booked during this time again...)

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darryl is joining us now too.

The word is that they have over 100 sign ups, so they expect the turnout to be higher yet still than that...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: