About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bc41315ea64c1435401a62a7ab99d4b9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Follow Up workshop, Sat 23rd Feb :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Follow Up workshop, Sat 23rd Feb :) Reply with quote

Saturday may be the best but I'll be here on Sunday as well Smile

10-5 like last time, I should be able to have a nice freshly baked loaf of bread hot out of the machine by 11. Drinks and nibbles as well. Let me know of any allergies and I can make sure the kitchen has flour/milk powder/peanuts etc sealed well in advance.

The house is not terribly child friendly however I should be able to set up the spare room with the Wii- we have only the games and fitness thingy though Wink
I will have space plasticine too. But any children will need some supervision. My workroom does have a lot of glue and paint and I am in the process of putting them all in drawers that are hard to open, but we will be using some.

There is parking on the street, it's narrow, and there will be parking in the driveway, it could fit three cars so long as no one is needing to get out in a hurry.

There is also a deaf cat who likes warm cars. He will probably be in hiding as he likes people in small amounts. But he is also nosey. So please don't leave car doors open. No really. He has been given a few rides before.
There are a good five other cats directly beside us as well, and a house full of kids next door.

I'm in the very slow drawn out process of getting my workshop able to be used by more than one person Smile Anyway, once done it will have a space where several people can work in the room, or spill out into the drive way Smile Also books in the lounge of art and other inspiration.

I was thinking of making it a hands on day. Either for projects on the go or for getting a feel for the process behind sculpting/molding/casting and some direct work fibreglassing (using a substrate to build over- car modders use this all the time and in costume worlds it's been renamed pep- though pepping is only the process of taking models and printing them-I have issues Wink )

So, I will have some epoxy resin, latex, card etc available as well as clay and plaster. If you want to make a small item like a buckle/brooch it's possible to do in a day if the weather is with us.

Available for use:

General Cutting and putting together:
Heat gun
Dremel with cutting and snading and drilling bits. It does two speeds: fast and off. Sorry I seem to break the gears on mine.
Soldering station
Glue gun
Some Ados some Shoe Goo. A whole lot of PVC weld
Sculpting/molding for latex work or small resin props:
Sculpting tools
Plasticine (about 8kg)
Small amount of plaster- might be able to get more.
Small amount of Caulking silicon
Talc

Sculpting/molding/casting for latex work or small resin props:
Sculpting tools
Plasticine (about 8kg)
Small amount of plaster- might be able to get more.
Small amount of Caulking silicon
Talc
Some latex (inc the "bad" stuff which should still be useable for small projects, and some pre coloured)
Some Alcohol activated paints
Brushes, sponges

Fabric manipulation:
Two irons
Two sewing machines (both will sew through leather but best to leave that the to green mean machine, the other sews stretch fabrics
Industrial overlocker. One speed- pull out of your hands fast- but it does differential feed and has an oil guage.
One home overlocker (does picot through to maxi stretch) both 4 strands
A dress form
a Shop mannequin on a wobbly make shift stand.
An alien. No just a full shop mannequin, headless

Wigs:
Headforms
needles and fuzzy nylon thread)
Some acrylic ink and Alcohol.

If you don't want to make anything new but whan a feel for how a process works I have some small molds to trial. Everything from Slave Leia parts* to twi'lek ear buds to greeblies for Shae.
Also little bear pieces to make your own custom mini me Wink

If you are interested please reply below or by PM with preference for what you want to dabble with, I can then work out how much product to get in (please a little koha to cover material expenses only) and how to lay out the work room. And any queries please don't hesitate to ask Smile

*I have two sizes, the bikini is a bit fiddly to cast.

Last edited by neimhaille () on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
MattG (Matt Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great. PM sent.
montee916 ()

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm keen, put me down for two. Very Happy
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot! Furious renovations have commenced! Operation fit people in the room seems to be going well Smile
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*edit* tab confusion again.
Craigorski (Craig Haskell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant say i have a plan of anything i want to do, but i might scoot up for a nosey on saturday.
Trouble is, my shift starts 6am sunday, so i couldnt hang around long.

I need to bring up some stuff for jon anyways sometime maybe that time is.. then?!
I do have some very important stuff to deal too down here on the 21/22nd so coming up early may be out too Crying or Very sad

But if i can't cast a leia bikini for my manboobs i might just have a hissy fit and stay home Razz

so, in summary, i'm a maybe Neutral
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol! Well the workroom is getting to the actually organised chaos stage instead of the total chaos it was (sort of grew badly out of a few shifts and restarts so nothing was planned in the layout- well you've seen it!) So there will be room if you do make it Smile
ace0022 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fun and close by! We will be there! PM Sent.
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Smile I'll send you a pm this afternoon with address specifics Smile
Ember ()

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good! Pen us in Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This turning out to be bigger than expected Smile Noiice XD

I'll send you the address by PM Smile

Tomorrow I go a shoppin' and a buyin' of nibbles and drinks Smile I hope everyone is okay with build your own sarnies Smile Nice mix of posh and child friendly ingredients Smile I am vegetarian so if you do have desire for meaty bits please do bring your own Smile I am not opposed to it I just have no idea what to buy Wink

So far the workshop will be open for messy stuffs, the lounge has the big screen TV and costume pattern books galore and a large table for sewing should anyone wish to make use of the machines Smile
MattG (Matt Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome day today Michaela. Thanks for organising and setting it up.
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for coming out here Smile I don't often get a chance to have a big group of people over so thanks to everyone who showed up and made it a really lovely day Smile

Sorry for the very unsociable cat, he is still not entirely sure what happened Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: