About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=28bb9cf7e6341f170bae67c077cc4918Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Dutchess Satine: rose outfit from Mando Plot episode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Expanded Universe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jedibarriss ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Dutchess Satine: rose outfit from Mando Plot episode Reply with quote

Does Dutchess Satine fit here?
I am amassing the materials to complete this costume;
I have made the Jewelry, bought the wig, done the shoes, and have the fabric to construct the outfit.
I have several screen captures from the Mando Episodes this is in and am going to use the ones in the light such as this main one to keep consistent on the colors. The darker scenes change the blouse color away from the rose and make it more lavendar. I am just not sure where she goes but she seems like a supporter in her adventure with Obi Wan.

clasp is made;

boots are dyed and will have the 'stacked' look when I attach the wood to the heel and sole.

Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satine would be in Royalty/Senate. I'll move this thread there for you. Mr. Green Amadalia

Rest In Peace Iceobel - Faithful Dog - August 1997 - July 2011

Rest In Peace Leo - Feline Companion and Comforter - adopted March 2005 - August 2013
Naergi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and just because I look at this and think, damn, *a certain fabric which I know (and own a few yards of) would work perfectly for that tunic*...

...have a look at this fabric; color 013C-755 or 013C-727, to be precise (depending on your preferences).
The swirls and sheen of that silk jacquard would be perfect. It's a tad thin (draping compareable to silk charmeuse), so it would need flat lining with a more sturdy fabric... but I think the pattern, sheen and overall appearance would be perfect.
jedibarriss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for moving this Jada. I know she is Royalty but since she was not really a part of the Royalty of the Rebellion as Padme or Leia, I was not sure.

I do have the fabric and it has the sheen but is heavier. I would post pictures of the fabric but have learned before that from fabric to camera to monitors can play tricks with the colors. I ordered a fabric online for Mara Jade and it looked perfect but when it arrived it was very off. I decided to avoid online ordering after that so I can see the colors in natural light!

Whatever pattern is in it is so subtle that I could barely discern it so I did not fret over it. Thanks for the suggestion, however.

I am still hunting for the trim around the outfit.. a bit darker than the fabric and I think I will go to some home decor level of store.
jedibarriss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoes for this costume are pretty set.
I dyed the black ones gray and did the soles in the beige . Picture shows the source image inset.

I found a wig and have been working on making it as close to the style as possible. Wigs that can be pulled away from the face are quite out of the price range possible but a good dose of glue spray can work wonders.This is a good color and first attempt to get the duck tail look in the back.

Amidalas (dawn bright)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love it! One possible way to get that duck tail your looking for (I did this with a wig I did for Vanelope Von Schweetz as she has VERY distinct areas of the hair I needed to address. I tied back or tied down areas of the hair. In your case maybe just add a Loose band in the shape your looking for then spray. Smile Then leae it for a few hours (or days even) then just undo the band and Wa'la! itll stay in place I think and make a faboo duck tail Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Expanded Universe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: