About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c6a7d5c4fe67b4731146df783d0b192cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Echo Base Facebook page
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom you are all set.
Morgana ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the idea of keeping both the group and fan page.

The group page is great for discussions among members. Also if you want to give just the members a heads up on something and not everyone who likes the fan page it can be kept internally. (i.e. everyone on the facebook fan page doesn't need to know that we are still waiting on 100 people from the base to finish their census. That is my opinion is more of an internal thing. )

The Fan page is great for posting photos from events, letting a larger audience know about something that is coming up, create an event using the page so you can reach a larger audience to send it out to and so forth. It's more of a promotion tool for the group.

My biggest pet peeve of the fan pages is that if I (as a non Admin) post something to the fan page wall it is really only seen by the admin, my friends who also like the page and people who would check the wall. I've found that most people do not generally check the wall unless they are admin and then they get a notification. So if someone who belongs to Echo Base but I am not friends with wants everyone to know about something and posts on the wall only his friends and the admin will see it but I will not. (I am one of the admin for the NYJ fan page and I can not tell you how often we will get someone who posts to the wall and then can not understand why no one is responding to their question except the admin. Especially when they want a discussion type of response.)

Anyways that is my 2 cents on the matter.

By the way I didn't even know we had an Echo Base fan page. Could someone post the link to it please. Or Tom could you send me an invite. Thank you
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grey Elf wrote:
Can you post a link? I want to make sure I"m liking the right page...

You and me both! Wink

#1 Echo Base [Rebel Legion]
 -- Non-Profit Organization

#2 Echo Base
 -- Product/Service

Editor:
All Wings Report In! - Great Lakes Base blog
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom you are now an administrator of the group page, but I do not know if I have control on the fan page.
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom you are now an administrator of the group page, but I do not know if I have control on the fan page.
Morgana ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krash wrote:
The Grey Elf wrote:
Can you post a link? I want to make sure I"m liking the right page...

You and me both! Wink

#1 Echo Base [Rebel Legion]
 -- Non-Profit Organization

#2 Echo Base
 -- Product/Service

You know it's possible that they were started by facebook. They started pages for other groups when they saw people saying that they were part of them and facebook would just create a fan page for them to be linked to and they weren't actually run by anyone.

Something to think about is just starting a new one. Then messaging the people that liked the other page letting them know that this new one is the "official" page. One has 209 and the other has 55. There doesn't seem to be much of anything posted on them at the moment. A few posts from people posting on it's wall but nothing from the page itself.
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgana wrote:
You know it's possible that they were started by facebook. They started pages for other groups when they saw people saying that they were part of them and facebook would just create a fan page for them to be linked to and they weren't actually run by anyone.

Something to think about is just starting a new one. Then messaging the people that liked the other page letting them know that this new one is the "official" page. One has 209 and the other has 55. There doesn't seem to be much of anything posted on them at the moment. A few posts from people posting on it's wall but nothing from the page itself.

If that is the case... once you guys have an "official" fan page, send me a link and I'll drop the other two.

Editor:
All Wings Report In! - Great Lakes Base blog
Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tom, to help with the Page.
Morgana ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tom did you ever here back from the people running those other pages?
Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is currently running the Echo Base FB Page? Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: