Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=125873d45a04a56fed081b4655e7e5d1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Inversions II (Star Wars Fan Film)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamSlater ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Inversions II (Star Wars Fan Film) Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

At the end of the summer I was cast in a small fan film that was shot in MD as a potential entry in a Lightsaber Choreography Competition (one of two that this production company was making). For various reasons the film was not completed until recently. I figured that since most of you kinda like those Star Wars films Razz that you might enjoy this one.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl-SVJn6-VM

Be sure to let the film maker know what you think of the film, and if you enjoy it please forward the link to others who might like it as well.

Sam Slater
Hank solo ()

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was pretty cool. What role did you play?
Mandalorian Mercs: Vult Tavik (#603)
SamSlater ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you enjoyed it Hank. I was the Jedi with the yellow saber.
Zam I Am ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was neat. I agree with some of the comments that were made by the posters on the you tube about wild Jedi. Did any of you spend time in front of the camera viewing and self critiquing before you made this? Just wondering. I wish I was a better actress/fighter. When I was put in front of a camera for another fan flick, it was hard for me --I couldn't stop smiling when I had to be serious etc. and i was a bit stiff. I was unsure of background story, for your flick and how it was supposed to connect.Some editing frames were great as was some of the fighting. The tempo on the some fights weren't too slow and contrived, which was great. Seen too many other fan flicks where the pacing on the acting or fight was awkward and wasn't seamless, where your fan flick was better than most to that regard. Good job Smile
SamSlater ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yvonne,

This was shot similar to a 48hr film festival entry; the cast met with the production company early one morning, got to look at the script while getting into costume, and then we were off to locations nearby. One group would film dramatic scenes while the other choreographed their fight, and vice versa. I believe everything was filmed within about 6 hours. Some of the cast have been doing theater and indy projects for a while, but folks like myself aren't quite as experienced.

As far as backstory, you'd have to watch Inversions I (the link to it was at the end of the video). I don't think it is supposed to tie directly into one of the films or anything, but I'm not the writer so you'd have to post the question on Youtube to be sure.

Glad to hear you liked the cinematography, choreography, and pacing. Be sure to pass the video along, and post on Youtube to let the production company know what you thought.
Hank solo ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is really cool that you could pull this off in about 6 hours!

The only criticism I would have about the props is that sith rebreather mask... it still looked too similar to something you buy at Lowe's.
Mandalorian Mercs: Vult Tavik (#603)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: