About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bc838ac3f2d91acdddfc4c3b8b89c6d5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Answer Thread: Adam S

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamScottFM (Erich Shafer)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Answer Thread: Adam S Reply with quote

This thread is for answers from Adam S. relating to his candidacy for CO of the proposed Tython Base. Only he may post in it.

"Do they teach you to throw?"
"No, they teach us to cheat!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Adam.S ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imperial_brick wrote:
What will you bring to the position of base Co that will help RL grow and prosper in NSW ?
what is your propose command staff team be or would there be none ?

How do u intend to coexist with other SW groups

Thanks Darell for this question.
What I hope to bring is a very level head, I tend to be proactive than reactive with situations.
I look at things with very open eyes and use common sence when making decision.
I avoid conflict as much as possible. I have a very easy going personality and use it to my advantage, I listen to others and guide the best I can.
I will happily ask questions and take critersism as growth.
I am also very happy to ask what people think and I like to work with others to achieve and hope this with our members can push ahead and succeed .

Ive been a member here since 2009 so Id love to see NSW get up and grow. I want to see it succed, Im no politician so I wont make false promises, I hope to have the suport of fellow member to help get this base up and running its our base not just mine.
I dont believe any one person can do this on their own, so regarding comand staff I havent thought of who would do what rolls, or who should be alocated as yet, but would most definatly have a team of people I think that can work well together and guide, not dictate, I believe we all have a lot to give and we all have our special rolls to acheive.
Im very happy for people to aproach me in regards to positions, for me its not about choosing my best mates its about choosing good people to help and have the trust of the group.

Regarding other SW groups, I have been a member of several SW groups for many years and have formed very strong and respected relationships with all these groups.
I activley ask all groups to attend my troops and have proven that we can all work together regardless of past histories, and I believe this is because of my very nuetral stance .
Look at my Dream Night troops, every one gets invited, and it is very apreciated by all that I invovle , thus far I have had no negative feed back just positive experiences. Considering this is not a con based troop, I think Ive lead by example here and aim to push this interaction when we can.

I also ask all groups if they would invite the others to troops, if those groups chose not to partake, then I accept there request, and move on.
I believe with us here we have a balance of RL and 501st members and I know we can work together and create great things, with no light side we have no dark side and no dark side there is no light side.

I am here to costume , have fun, make friends and make others smile.
Im not here to bicker, or make life hard for others.
If I am unsuccessful, I will still continue to act the way that I do and offer my help and guidance to Fyr , thats just the way I am.

I hope this answers your question.

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
Adam.S ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swiv wrote:
A lot of people will ask questions to see if the base is maintained, but I thought I would ask a different type of question to show your vision for this base.

What would be your dream event and how will you go about planning it?

My dream event is Dream Night, where I get to bring several of our costuming clubs together, to suport several charity partners. Each year it is growing and getting better.
I hope to be able to have a photbooth, display and a sabre type of display for future events we have.
Simple but its no easy task to prepare and organise. it represnts the heart of trooping.
Id also like to start an annual memorial troop for my friend Suds, who passed away to raise money, with his family involvement and to donate to the charity of his familys chocie , it would have to be a multi group troop.

Also one last one, which events are more important to you, small charity events or big conventions?

I beleive they are both important,
The charity troops are the heart for a lot of us, and most definatly are for me and with my past experiences. They tend to be very rewarding , weather we are raising money for some one, or by just being there as suport for the chartity or hospital group.

Now cons are lots of fun we get to catch up with our bretheren, meet up and coming members, liase with the general public.
We get to show off our costumes that we work so hard on and are trully apreciated in a different light. Its great to watch parents foece their kids to have a photo with us , just becasues they would love to.
Also we get the chance to talk face to face with all our internet friends allowing stronger relation ships to form. As these are usually very busy there is less presure , than a charity troop.

I think both are equally important and both need attention and attendance.

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
Adam.S ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swiv wrote:
A lot of people will ask questions to see if the base is maintained, but I thought I would ask a different type of question to show your vision for this base.

What would be your dream event and how will you go about planning it?

My dream event is Dream Night, where I get to bring several of our costuming clubs together, to support several charity partners. Each year it is growing and getting better.
I hope to be able to have a photo booth, display and a sabre type of display for future events we have.
Simple but its no easy task to prepare and organise. it represents the heart of trooping.
Id also like to start an annual memorial troop for my friend Suds, who passed away to raise money, with his family involvement and to donate to the charity of his family's choice , it would have to be a multi group troop.

Also one last one, which events are more important to you, small charity events or big conventions?

I believe they are both important,
The charity troops are the heart for a lot of us, and most definitely are for me and with my past experiences. They tend to be very rewarding , weather we are raising money for some one, or by just being there as support for the charity or hospital group.

Now cons are lots of fun we get to catch up with our brethren, meet up and coming members, liaise with the general public.
We get to show off our costumes that we work so hard on and are truly appreciated in a different light. Its great to watch parents force their kids to have a photo with us , just because they would love to.
Also we get the chance to talk face to face with all our Internet friends allowing stronger relation ships to form. As these are usually very busy there is less pressure , than a charity troop.

I think both are equally important and both need attention and attendance.

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
Adam.S ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxtom Inau wrote:
I would like to know of both candidates,
What are the best reasons for us to vote for the other candidate.

Lets see, the reasons to vote for Fyr , its very simple he is a very passionate guy and I believe he will take the role very seriously and try his hardest to get this base to grow.
I believe he is the driving force for this base and has the skills to organise and run it very well.

He has his eyes every where when it comes to this place. I think its great if we all had his enthusiasm and eagerness to strive ahead , we would all be in a better place.
In the short time I have know Fyr , we have become good friends with mutual respect for each other and I would happily work beside him as his XO.

I believe his short time in our Star Wars world is no adversity for him, as those of us around him with more exposure will complement his abilities.

Fyr has pushed his SSA guys to get of their bottoms to produce quality , so they can represent and be apart of this legion.

I think Fyr is a great guy with big ideas and dreams , and believe he has the ability to fulfill these ideas and dreams.

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
Adam.S ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imperial_brick wrote:
Spare Time is such a rare thing in our lives would you have time to devote dealing with running a base ?

Time is a rare thing, and in my role at work I devote a lot of my time saving endangered species , I have to utilise my time very well, but in saying so I don't do it all on my own , I work in a team , that I can call on , work things out with discuss new ideas, discuss old ideas or get them to help out when things get tough and vicsa versa
I believe in order to run this base, you cant do it on your own either and would rely on other members to assist when necessary. Its NSW base, not just mine and believe for it to work well we all need to participate when we can.

Would you ensure that all members voices are heard and how would you go about this?

I am a very approachable person, I tend to to listen , think , look at it from both sides and look at the most logical answer. I will always consult with others in command for their points of view and depending on the topic, ask our members what they think.
I believe being open as much as possible is a good thing and believe we all should be allowed our say with out persecution for speaking up. If we talk openly from the beginning then all our voices will be heard.
One of my roles at work is organising volunteers , these guys have many different background, ideas , beliefs and I have to listen to each and every one of them , with every concern they have and I find it interesting to deal with, it helps me grow, as I get to experience many different situations.
I would encourage people to attend BBQs, armour party's and talk , let us know what you would like out of our group so we can best serve our members.
Yes easier said than done, but like I have stated before I'm not a reactive person, and will always listen to each side and use logic to handle it.
I will happily answer any correspondence from any members , if I believe some one can deal with it better them I will ask for assistance.

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
Adam.S ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandman wrote:
Congrats to both of the candidates for being nominated for NSW CO.

Its a tough job being CO. i know!

its been said above that spare time is a rare thing, but a lot of the work is done behind the scenes from RL members.

how do you plan to be seen as "ACTIVE" and how will being CO affect your time with other clubs participation such as 501st or SSA?

good luck to you both and look forward to working with a new Base CO in the future.

Thanks Beanie.
I plan on being seen as active , by working along side my fellow members to participate in events, I will continually seek out events and keep my doors open to work with fellow clubs, locally and interstate. I am always requesting if RL can attend troops from other clubs.
I will still continue to troop with all my fellow clubs as troops come up.
I hope if any thing it will help build trust between the groups, as the guys know I have no hidden agendas and am very open.
I also look forward to working with you guys up there also, regardless of the out come.

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
Adam.S ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Master_Skywalker_ wrote:
When it comes to promoting the RL, how do you plan to increase the general publics awareness in NSW that there is a good guy costuming group that they can joinand not only the 501st which has been visiually dominant for many many years in NSW.

I beleive by trooping more as a group, getting our selves out there for people to see, greet and meets.

Yes NSW has a strong 501st presence, but thats because they have done just that, formed a group and got out there when ever they can, people become familiar with what they know and see.

Here in NSW, RL hasnt had large numbers of members or activley trooping under the banner, if any to be exact until the last year.

So as our group is now more in numbers we should be able to have a better presence out there.

Distributing promotional material to hand out at cons, and troops when we are able too.
Also by adding a PR officer to our group to help come up with great ideas so the public are aware of us.

I would also seek our 501st Bretheren if we could have a link on there page to encourage RL fairing brothers and sister to us, and vica versa.

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
Adam.S ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellow members ,
I would like to say thank you all for your time and effort during this process.
Thank you Erich for running a tight organised ship, very much appreciated .
I'd like to thank Fyr for his contribution and answers during this time, it's been a pleasure to go through this process with you.

No matter of the out come we will work together , and we will get this little Base of the ground and out there in the greater community .
I also believe we can strive forward and leave any badness apparently in Australia behind us.

Mr Fry mentioned that I work better face to face and in a local sence, but not international , this bewilders me, hmm. I have been involved in our Star Wars community for over 5 or so years , and I have gained a local and international respect and support . I have many international contacts/friends and mentors that hold many different positions through out all the groups.
These contacts I have no hesitation to talk to, speak with for guidance or their thoughts and do speak to on regular basis.

This positions is global as well as local, and I believe we need to lead by example in our own home, so that's where my face to face skills come into play . We need harmony at home to grow and represent our legion.
I try my hardest to keep things simple and not over complicated. I choose to write this way also as not to alienate any one.

I have learnt from some great leaders in the past and present, and I'm not one to talk my self up , I treat every one as equal , I look at things logically and aim to keep a balance in our force, as you can see I have a nice clean record and have stayed out of any conflict along my costuming journey .
I believe this will give you all the confidence you need in me, I will lead honestly with all your best intentions first.

What ever the outcome may be its been great fun going through the process
, I do have a lot of respect for Fyr and his eagerness and passion.
I thank you all for reading through our answers , to help make your decisions .
Enjoy voting and let's look forward to what our future holds.
May the Force be with you .
Kind Regards
Adam.S

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: