About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4a3c9f406ef68b947cc0916e8cfa34a1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

NER Invite: Asbury Park Convention Center 3/30/2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TKJimbo (James Hannon)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: NER Invite: Asbury Park Convention Center 3/30/2013 Reply with quote

Was just contacted by the organizers of the Asbury Park Comic Con, that they would like us to appear at the convention this year on March 30th... I had approached them last year about attending, but because the venue at the time (Asbury Lanes) was small, there wasn't going to be enough room for us.

This year, they have upgraded to the Asbury Park Convention Center (where we did the Roller Derby) and there will definitely be enough room for us...

So much so, that they would like us to bring Shoot-A-Trooper to Asbury Park! This is really appropriate since we/they will be collecting money for a Hurricane Sandy charity - and we know how much that has affected our state... I will get the exact name of the charity as soon as the organizer nails down the details with them...

This is a relatively new comic con, but they are gaining popularity... They were originally once a year at a small venue (Asbury Lanes), but success made them go to twice a year, and even more success led them to the bigger venue (Asbury Park Convention Center)... The organizer Cliff Galbraight is the creator of the Rat Bastard comic book (which I found has quite a following), and it is co-run by Robert Bruce (who you may have seen on TV's Comic Book Men as their Toy expert).

Date:
Saturday, March 30th, 2013

Time: 10am until 6pm (altho you can stay as long as you want)
Arrive: 9am

1300 Ocean Blvd
Asbury Park, NJ
http://asburyparkcomicon.com/

Attendance:

1. TKJimbo - TI
2. Jackie - Rebel Pilot
3. Johnny - TD
4. Jeff Solo (RL) - Han Solo
5. Joe - Spock, Ummm I mean Jedi
6. Chris - TR
7. Ron L (ECG) - Vader
8. Morgana (Daniel R) (RL) - Jedi
9. Magnius (Sharon R) (RL) - Jedi
10. Gary - TB
11. Flounder - DZ
12. Dennis - TB/NerfMaster (tentative?)
13. Bro - TBD
14. Rob N - TB/TK
15. Brian S - IG
16. Bonnie F - Mando
17. Bronx Jonathan (aka worm from ECG) - ANH Stunt TK
18. Lillian (RL) - Jedi
19. Lance - Death Trooper or backup Vader
20. Jess - Biker or Mara Jade
21. Piper - TK/Clone
22. Scott - Officer
23. Tim (RL) - RFT
24. Calaveylon (Need real name) (RL) - Jedi

Official Photographers/Spotters:
-- Jason S. Colflesh
-- Vicki L
-- Patti G

Updated details as of 3/27/2013
Quote:
Ok, got an email back from the organizer and everything is still the same...

For those coming at 9am, enter at the North side where the exhibitors are entering. They will supply you with exhibitor badges and point you to our table. Also where the dressing rooms are... WHICH ARE UPSTAIRS WITHOUT AN ELEVATOR, so you will have to carry your tub at least one flight of stairs... If you don't want to, then you'll have to change in the parking area and leave your tub in the car... Theres no storage on the convention floor...

He only mentioned passes for costumed folks and the three official spotters (Vicky (Mrs Ron), Patti & Jason C), so non-costumed folks will probably have to pay...

If you are coming after 10am (when it opens), go to the same exhibitor entrance and identify yourself as being with us...

Parking is street parking and every trooper for themself... The earlier you get there the better... I dont know how big this thing is going to get, but parking has been difficult during warmer days (and I think some parking was lost with the Sandy construction) - according to http://asburyparkcomicon.com/news/2013/city-says-free-parking-til-march-31 there is free parking until March 31st, so you dont have to feed the meters...

The charity we are doing Blast a Trooper for is NJ Hometown Heroes: Restore the Shore (website: http://www.njhometownheroes.org/ )

Any details about the Con itself (like guest prices) can be found at http://asburyparkcomicon.com/

Please join my Facebook Group for my book Lost Boys of the Bronx: the Oral History of the Ducky Boys Gang

Last edited by TKJimbo (James Hannon) on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:53 pm; edited 10 times in total
Morgana ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey James could you put Magnius and I down as a maybe.

It's Easter weekend and I need to find out when my in laws are planning on having Easter dinner. Some years they do it on Palm Sunday and others they've done it on the saturday before Easter. Hence the maybe.
TKJimbo (James Hannon)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, will put you guys down... Hope you can make it!

Dagnabit, Its Easter weekend, I knew it was too easy LOL They made it a holiday weekend (Mothers Day I think) last time too...

Please join my Facebook Group for my book Lost Boys of the Bronx: the Oral History of the Ducky Boys Gang
TKJimbo (James Hannon)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump with an attendance list update...

Morgana ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just found out that Daniel's family is not doing anything for Easter on that day. So we are now a definite yes.
Ryss (Rachel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to go to this, actually. It's been too long since I've trooped with the NJ folks.

(Sharon, maybe we should coordinate?)

TD/BH-5531
Navajo Bro ()
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryss wrote:
I might be able to go to this, actually. It's been too long since I've trooped with the NJ folks.

(Sharon, maybe we should coordinate?)

It'd be awesome to see you again!

If my boots arrive (they should there is plenty of time) I am going to debut my new Quinlan Vos here Razz

TB/TI/TK/TS/TX/CC/BH-8869
501st Legion
Northeast Remnant XO

501st Legion Trooper of the Month - July 2012
Special Ops Squad Leader - October 2012
First Ever 501st Legion approved Snow Scout
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a maybe.
Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be away on spring break. Sorry can't make it Jim.
Jedi Leda ()
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there!! Very Happy

"You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing!"

"Don't Dream it, BE IT!"
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there.
Calaveylon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can show up to this one!
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll help out at the table. My boys will help out too, they love to pick up darts.
TKJimbo (James Hannon)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, got an email back from the organizer and everything is still the same...

For those coming at 9am, enter at the North side where the exhibitors are entering. They will supply you with exhibitor badges and point you to our table. Also where the dressing rooms are... WHICH ARE UPSTAIRS WITHOUT AN ELEVATOR, so you will have to carry your tub at least one flight of stairs... If you don't want to, then you'll have to change in the parking area and leave your tub in the car... Theres no storage on the convention floor...

He only mentioned passes for costumed folks and the three official spotters (Vicky (Mrs Ron), Patti & Jason C), so non-costumed folks will probably have to pay...

If you are coming after 10am (when it opens), go to the same exhibitor entrance and identify yourself as being with us...

Parking is street parking and every trooper for themself... The earlier you get there the better... I dont know how big this thing is going to get, but parking has been difficult during warmer days (and I think some parking was lost with the Sandy construction) - according to http://asburyparkcomicon.com/news/2013/city-says-free-parking-til-march-31 there is free parking until March 31st, so you dont have to feed the meters...

The charity we are doing Blast a Trooper for is NJ Hometown Heroes: Restore the Shore (website: http://www.njhometownheroes.org/ )

Any details about the Con itself (like guest prices) can be found at http://asburyparkcomicon.com/

Last edited by TKJimbo (James Hannon) on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
TKJimbo (James Hannon)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, putting together the final trooper list today...

Questions:

Rachel and Tim Levan, What costume are you planning to wear?
Calaveylon, What is your real name to put on the guest list... Assuming you are going to be a Jedi?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: