About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e89d73ef2afb26b58c44793a7717b14bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My time in New Zealand has come to an end...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ace0022 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: My time in New Zealand has come to an end... Reply with quote

(I made this post in the 501st too, so sorry for the double up if you belong to both).

It is with a very heavy heart that I write this to all of you to let you know I will be leaving the country permanently in April of 2013. Looks like my work conditions will not improve no matter how great I have done and my search for more suitable employment has been unfruitful. :'(

Some of you may know, I took on a position of more responsibility back in May of this year with the hopes to move in the company and get myself a better salary. I made a concession, that I now regret, of 6 months with the promise of a salary review. After 7 and a half months got one only to tell me I wasn't going to get one. Now I'm stuck in a position of considerable higher responsibility with none of the pay... As my visa expires in April of next year, I had to make a decision:

1. Find another job
2. Stick it out in hopes they would reconsider (yeah and the Death Star has no weaknesses)
3. Go back home and go back to what I was doing.

Well, 1 never happened and 2, after what I have encountered, would be foolish so I took door number three.

I have to say it has been an incredible experience and I have learned a lot. I think my highlight was getting to meet most of you and spending some time with all of you in the troops and other events I have attended. Thanks to "the will of the Force" I was blessed to meet such a wonderful group and forge some friendships that will hopefully last a lifetime. For those of you that have not heard the story I will brief you a bit on how I got involved with you all.

It was the Sylvia park event. I never read a newspaper, I do everything online. I was in the break room at the building I work at for a special event. I never go to this room for any reason and on that day, I happen to go early. The event was delayed by 30 minutes and with nothing to do, I pick up the newspaper. I saw the event and told my wife we would attend since there would be costumes and things for the kids to do. I decided on that day I was going to dress up in my Jedi costume just for fun. While driving there, I told my wife, "wouldn't it be cool if we ran into the 501st and the Rebel Legion while here?" Nothing else was said. When I got there, I looked around for the famous 501st and Legion garrison t-shirts and bang, ran into Dean who welcomed me with opened arms. That was my first event as I went and volunteered right on the spot. From there on, it as we say, history.

I have been since that day to the JB HiFi event, Armageddon and SCCP. I have loved every minute of it and could not be in better company doing something I love; bringing some joy to kids and Star wars. New Zealand will always be in my heart and I hope that this is not a "good bye" but a "see you later". I do hope that in some way shape or form our paths cross again as you guys have been my family away from home. As I will be heading back to the good old US of A, if anyone from here ends up in the side of the world, please let me know and look me up, I can make your life simpler and not to mention, cheaper, if you head over to my neck of the woods.

It has been an honour and a pleasure to have met you all. I don't think there is a better bunch of guys and gals out there with the dedication you guys have. You guys represent the best of New Zealand and I'm very lucky to have been in some small way part of that. Keep up the good work with the costumes and the charity work; it's about the kids! Remember that! If you ever need anything from the US, let me know. I would love to assist in anyway I can. If you are interested in contacting me out of the forums, send me a PM and I'll send you my email address and facebook.

I will hopefully catch most of you before then, but if I don't.... May the Force be with you my friends. This is Sady aka Korren aka Ace signing off...
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sorry to read this Sady Sad Loved being able to catch up with you and your family at Armageddon last.

We will have to make sure your last few months here are good Smile
Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear your work here hasn't ended up the way you hoped. We enjoyed having you and your family here with us here in Naboo. We will be sad to see you go, but wish you all the best for your future. If there's another Celebration convention in Florida, we'll certainly try our best to make it over and visit Smile
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that circumstances have panned out as they have for you.

Hopefully we'll be able to sneak in one or two more troops or social events that you and your family can get along to.
ace0022 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. Looks like April 12th will be my last day at work and we will be leaving permanently approximately the 28-29th of April. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: