About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=813047eb2b2c5ed7e54987816a2a0996Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

501st Garrison Excelsior upcoming events
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: 501st Garrison Excelsior upcoming events Reply with quote

Just noticed that a post about this weekend's ZooBoo event in Rochester never made it over to here - sorry about that!

If any Rebel Legion members are interested in participating in any of the Garrison Excelsior events in the link below (and don't have a forum account for garrisonexcelsior.com), please email events@garrisonexcelsior.com

Here is a listing of our upcoming events:
http://www.garrisonexcelsior.com/events.php

Nicky "Doc_Bev" Blum
The Rebel Legion: Echo Base
501st Legion: Legion Events Coordinator
RAID - Fire Team Echo & KJO - Blumfruit Temple
TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this over on the GE boards and it's mentioned to be open to the RL as well...

Rochester - Star Wars Day at the RMSC - Saturday, Feb 23rd
Rochester Museum and Science Center

http://www.garrisonexcelsior.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3869&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Echo Base - Binghamton, NY
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anymore information for this event? Would I have to contact the museum.
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those who wish to participate (and can't view the above thread), please contact Garrison Excelsior at events@garrisonexcelsior.com and not the museum directly.

Nicky "Doc_Bev" Blum
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick, I just don't want any confusion. Many times when one group is the lead the pubic feels that all members who attend are members of the one group.

Last edited by Endorscout64 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Posts Reply with quote

I agree Tim. That's also why I really want those banners going for us when we are at joint events. Nicky thanks for the cross posts here. But I think it would be fine to post a listing of joint events in a seperate thread here to see the dates so RL members can plan accordingly to go. James Hannon has been doing that with NER Garrison and has been working out very well. As long as the thread is updated and communacated to you about attending members.
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously you guys are free to organize your invites in whatever way makes the best sense for you. Perhaps someone should reach out and re-affirm that Jeff Buholtz is still interested in the Excelsior/Echo Base Liaison job and work with him on putting a plan together on the best way to post Excelsior invites to Echo Base?

fyi, For this particular museum event there are no plans to fly any literal banners.

Nicky "Doc_Bev" Blum
TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I monkeyed this up... I just got excited that a date had been decided upon and wanted to share... Neutral

Echo Base - Binghamton, NY
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrooperPX wrote:
Sorry if I monkeyed this up... I just got excited that a date had been decided upon and wanted to share... Neutral

No worries, but if an event needs to be posted I just need to be provided the information. It's cool.

Last time I checked I was the person doing this job, and not Jeff based on this thread:
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9198

I had mentioned my willingness to do the job on the Garrison boards last September, but that may have been overlooked:

http://www.garrisonexcelsior.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3594&start=15

JediXXL wrote:
Ryan, feel free to send any invites my way that you want the Rebel Legion to get. I'll make sure they are posted since I am currently the official area captaiin for Echo Base, as well as the Hawkbat Squadron Commander.

I just don't beat people over the head with my imaginary ranks and positions because the titles and $10 get's me coffee at Starbucks! wink2

I have absolutely no problem doing this for you.

Nicky, if you will forward the events I will post them. If you don't forward me the events I do not have the ability to post them...

Thanks

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediXXL wrote:
TrooperPX wrote:

No worries, but if an event needs to be posted I just need to be provided the information. It's cool.

Last time I checked I was the person doing this job, and not Jeff based on this thread:
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9198

I had mentioned my willingness to do the job on the Garrison boards last September, but that may have been overlooked:

JediXXL wrote:
Ryan, feel free to send any invites my way that you want the Rebel Legion to get. I'll make sure they are posted since I am currently the official area captaiin for Echo Base, as well as the Hawkbat Squadron Commander.

I just don't beat people over the head with my imaginary ranks and positions because the titles and $10 get's me coffee at Starbucks! wink2

I have absolutely no problem doing this for you.

Nicky, if you will forward the events I will post them. If you don't forward me the events I do not have the ability to post them...

Thanks

I believe that arrangement was with the previous Garrison CO. I believe the position was assigned to Jeff B for this term.
We might also be talking about 2 different positions.... one in Echo Base (someone who coordinates RL led events) and one in Garrison Excelsior (someone who communicates 501st led events to RL).
Also, when you mention you don't "have the ability to post them", does that mean you are unable to see the event threads on the Excelsior boards?

Nicky "Doc_Bev" Blum
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the same thread:

JediXXL wrote:
No worries, and I'm still willing to do it as long as what is needed to be cross posted is sent to me. I am still the local Captain for the area. wink2

Nicky, here's what you need to do:

Forward the information to me that you would like posted and I'll post it. As I have said before, I am more than willing to do this.

Thank you.

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediXXL wrote:
From the same thread:

JediXXL wrote:
No worries, and I'm still willing to do it as long as what is needed to be cross posted is sent to me. I am still the local Captain for the area. wink2

Nicky, here's what you need to do:

Forward the information to me that you would like posted and I'll post it. As I have said before, I am more than willing to do this.

Thank you.

It's a shame that thread has lain dormant for 15 months.
Looks like the next step is to hear from Jeff B and see if he is still willing to work with you to get information pushed to the RL.
Is there a particular email address he should send it to? Or did you want a PM? If the latter, on which forums would you like to receive the PM? Unless you are willing to pull the information from the Excelsior forums yourself?

Nicky "Doc_Bev" Blum
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless, you can forward the information to me here (Rebel Legion Forums) by PM.

Thank you.

My gift to you.

Happy Holidays!

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw being an Echo Base Captain and a GE member as the perfect situation to cross post events over here freely without any problem when ever I had enough info to post. I do not understand why the same thing is not happening now.

I no longer have the time to keep tabs on all the GE events and post it all over here, or send it on to someone else. Why the middle man stuff? Anyway If I had the time I would just do the job myself. That is why I gave up the captain position. Gill is now the Regional Captain.

Unless one person is going to make sure everything gets cross posted, I implore all RL members in the area to at least cross post or send in what ever GE events they plan on attending.

I just do not have time to post a lot or communicate a lot online. I only get online once or twice a week.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff I understand, I am willing to post the events.

If the information is provided to me via PM, then it gets posted verbatim and there is no margin for error/issues.

If I don't talk to you, have a safe and happy holidays!

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: