About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c5686aea715f0755d9264e55558a4f28Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

LFL Needs Your Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebelSenator (Raychel Enck)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: LFL Needs Your Help Reply with quote

If you are interested and have an approved costume, please pm me and I will send you information on how to apply Very Happy

Seeking Movie-Real Darth Vaders for Episode III Promotions!

We are auditioning Darth Vader costumers around the world for potential Episode III 3D events. These events, which are all TBD at this time, could take place anywhere in the world, with relatively short notice.

The costumers will go into our “approved” list to hire for promotions and events, either by 20th Century Fox or by our other partners. My hope is that Fox and these partners will get a head start on entering these approved Vaders into their bookkeeping systems, to make prompt payment easier. I’ll be right up front and say there were problems paying the Darth Mauls promptly for the Episode I release events. We’re really working to make sure that won’t happen again, but I wanted to state that in case there are problems again.

Fox and our other partners will be required to use Darth Vaders from the approved list, and to pay for their transportation to locations where they are needed for events, shoots, and promotions. Please note that if you are accepted, we cannot guarantee how much you will be utilized, or even if you will be utilized. However the chances are pretty likely. These potential appearances will likely start in summer or late summer, and run through early October.

You should be paid the going day rate for a performer in the location where you are performing/appearing/shooting. That will vary by country and city. Travel and other travel-related expenses will also be covered.

Here’s what we are looking for:
· Movie-accurate Darth Vader costumes, and costumers with fit, powerful physical appearance.
· Costumers must be at least 6’4” in their stocking feet, without the boots.
· Episode III Darth Vader costumes are not required. Your costume can be accurate to Episode III, IV, V, or VI. If we have more than one Vader costume in the same region, we will prefer the Episode III costume.
· Willingness to travel
· Schedule flexibility
· Valid passport a bonus, but not required
· Approved costumers can live anywhere.

One more note: Rebels and Imperials who have accurate Episode II or III costumes may apply as well. The same rules as above will be followed. It is not known at this time if we will need these costumers for paid events, but it is good to know where you are, in case!

MidSouth Garrison, Public Relations Officer
http://www.facebook.com/LCJedi
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh crap, are they doing this now?? Sad

I am working on an Ep II Padme, but it won't be ready for months and I was trying to get it done specifically for this! I hope they don't finish doing this too early, I seem to remember the Ep I one was rather close to the movie release. I have my Ep II Cut Scene Senator that I can't get into without a handmaiden

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the deadline to audition is Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 and those who make the cut will be contacted by Wednesday, February 27th.

I know that isn't the timeline you were hoping for but maybe just maybe it would be done in time Neutral .
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't this have been posted in Base Command as it was in the previous year so that the BCOs & XOs can help get word out to their base members? (I think I'm going to re-post it there since I would not have normally spotted it here or even thought to look for it here).

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to add, if this is like it was last time LFL had a call out - this is only for the people they pick to fly out to special locations. Last time that was just Maul, even though they said they'd look at other costumes. (this time it is Vader they are after).

Odds are very high I suspect that they will still want regular RL & 501st members to troop these events when the time comes. So if they don't have an official "Padme" they are flying out (sort of reads as no from this call out - they are really after Vader) you'd be able to apply as a regular RL member if your city is hosting one of the official events.

Basically, IMO, this sounds like the last event where they *really* only want to pay to fly out one character (this time Vader) and just out of curiosity want to see what else our members have... and we were just asked closer to the movie time via regular troop invite to sign up with our bases, and our costumes were approved by Mary like, a week or two before the event.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. Just trying to get the word out. I've seen several posts about this in different areas of the boards.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelSenator wrote:
Sure. Just trying to get the word out. I've seen several posts about this in different areas of the boards.

That's cool to post it here, just that BCOs (and XOs) often look for heads up on big LFL event call outs in Base Command. That's where we were alerted last time Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Thanks for getting it posted there like it was in the past. I agree that it will help in getting the information out.

PM sent with details.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelSenator wrote:
Ok. Thanks for getting it posted there like it was in the past. I agree that it will help in getting the information out.

PM sent with details.

Thanks, I'm going to confirm with Jason that it is OK - I don't want to do anything contrary if he doesn't want it there too Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: