About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ad7dfa14f559130e6a861d52d05459a7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Clone Wars Cartoon Purple Senate Padme
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Clone Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen much of the Clone Wars, but this costume might be one I'll have to do...my husband want to be a Senate Commando and that first picture put this outfit in my head as a way to "match" his commando...humm...

I can't wait to see more of your progress, it is looking awesome so far!

SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Progress on the embroidery has been slow, thanks to finals. Embarassed Though I am considering ways to make the vine pattern only one cording thick, as 1mm cording turned out to be thicker than I thought it would be.

DWH did find some of that flame velvet for me though, so I have my jacket fabric figured out.

Anyhew, DWH and I are planning to have a Padme Headdress Party at her place over Christmas, and I started comparing the move version with the clone wars version:

There are several differences here. First, the movie version has tiny braids where as the clone wars version is 'loose' hair. The movie version has tons of textured details on the horizontal and spiral metal bands while cartoon version is just plan, smooth metal. The cartoon version also lacks the spiral piece around the headdress.

I am struggling to find a way to attach the hoops to the vertical bars, as the cartoon version seems to lack a bit of respect for gravity, so I'm thinking of putting it together with rivets anyway. Is that okay?

I also noticed that the necklaces are very slightly different. The movie version has seven rings while the cartoon version only has five.

A question I have for the LCJs, as I have seen a few ladies come in here that express wanting to have both of these costumes, would it be acceptable to use the movie headdress and necklace for the cartoon version? The other way around too? How about the necklace?

In various stages of planning and progress:
Generic Jedi, Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider

Royalty/Senatorial Costume Judge
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally feel that the headdress and necklace/collar are meant to be the same ones she wears in "Attack of The Clones", so I would be fine with someone wearing the same headdress and necklace for both costumes.

JediDWH (Lisa Curtis)
Sunrider Base CO
Sunrider Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to assume that only applies for movie headdresses on the Clone Wars costume- if someone made an unbraided version of the headdress and a five-tier necklace for this costume, and then tried to put it on the movie costume, that would not fly so much.

Just asking for clarity's sake. Wink

In solidarity with the VFX industry, who brought the Star Wars we know and love to life, I'm going green screen.

My Etsy shop: Sew Corellian
Naergi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediDWH wrote:
I'm going to assume that only applies for movie headdresses on the Clone Wars costume- if someone made an unbraided version of the headdress and a five-tier necklace for this costume, and then tried to put it on the movie costume, that would not fly so much.

Yeah, that.

Other than that I, too, think that the rivets - as long as they match the headdress; i. e. bronze / copperish rivets - are okay. Also, I agree with the opinion that the Clone Wars headdress is supposed to be a 'cartoonified' version of the real (=movie) headdress, so if it looks like the movie Senate headdress, it's okay for the Clone Wars headdress as well.
RebelSenator (Raychel Enck)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SongofAmazon wrote:

Anyhew, DWH and I are planning to have a Padme Headdress Party at her place over Christmas,

Now that sounds like a fun party! Please post pics from it. Looking forward seeing.
MidSouth Garrison, Public Relations Officer
http://www.facebook.com/LCJedi
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis)
Sunrider Base CO
Sunrider Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We definitely will! I'm doing the movie version of this costume, so we'll have (hopefully) good examples for both versions of this headdress. I might even get a head start on braiding before she gets here, since I will be braiding a LOT....

In solidarity with the VFX industry, who brought the Star Wars we know and love to life, I'm going green screen.

SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it has been forever and a half since I last posted any progress. I blame grad school. (I find myself doing that a lot....)

Lisa and I did not have a chance to do headdresses after all while I was visiting, though we may yet have our headdress party at a distance later this spring.

We did get to the fashion district in LA though, and so now I have the notions I need, some of the burnout velvet, appropriate dyes, and TONS of sequined fabric. Alas for minimum 1yd cuts. If anyone else wants a piece of this please let me know. I have far more than I will ever know what to do with.

Meanwhile, I revisited my embroidery strategy. One, I'm going with just one strand of embroidery thread now. Secondly, I'm not going to double-up the cording up and down. What that meant is that I had to rip out some of my stitching and insert the little branches under the main vine, then stitch that all back down together. All told, inserting three vine branches took me about 90 minutes. I keep telling myself that this is a steep learning curve, so it should go faster now that I won't have to back-track any more. All told, I am fairly happy with how this is looking.

Now that I made it past the part that was intimidating me, I should be coasting along with more progress in the near future.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see progress on this again. Smile

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis)
Sunrider Base CO
Sunrider Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way, the time will be totally worth it when you see all the embroidery finished. Glad you're working on this again!!

SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to power through this, knocking off some every weekend and I finally have something show for it!

Pardon the back lighting and the wrinkles. I need to get myself a little steamer, as there is no way I can put an iron on that any more.

That is the longest of the six vines, so that's encouraging, but I am still going to need to pick up the pace if I want to finish this by the end of this summer.

JediDWH (Lisa Curtis)
Sunrider Base CO
Sunrider Base CO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so pretty!! I can't wait to see how it all comes together; I'm sure it will be completely gorgeous once you've embroidered the whole skirt. And this was the longest of the vines, too, so it's all downhill from here, right?

RebelSenator (Raychel Enck)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job. Can't wait to see more.
MidSouth Garrison, Public Relations Officer
http://www.facebook.com/LCJedi
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Amadalia I'm sure this will turn out great.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
GentleBant ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, Jenna!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Clone Wars All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: