About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=06d4bbb80f0da91e64c27f49e386991fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Belt Buckle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rogan Creel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Belt Buckle Reply with quote

Looking for accurate buckles for x-wing web belt. Any suggestions?
Burn (Peter Burnat)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smile
You are looking for roll pin buckle used in military

Not sure where you can find it in States but in Uk we can get them from Surplus military shops and similar
http://www.combatservicesupport.co.uk/product/7049/plce_webbing/roll_pin_belt_buckle.html
Have a look, at least you will know what to look for Smile
Hope that will help

Peter "BURN" Burnat
1138th Krayt Squadron SCO
Member of:
- Rebel Legion and Elstree Base
- 501st Legion and UK Garrison (TK/IC 5632)
Cleared costumes: X-wing pilot
RFT
Rogan Creel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. That's the buckle. My gear has been in storage and I noticed pieces missing when I went to DragonCon. I was trying to find a supplier in the States to save on shipping charges. Thanks. If all goes well I'll be flightworthy again soon.
Commander Jorg Sacul (George Starkey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Belt buckle Reply with quote

Hi, I just bought 5 from Contact Left Ltd out of the UK... good price on each, at about $8, but shipping was the killer. Ended up actually to be $13.58 each including the shipping. They have an ebay store as well as a direct web address, www.contactleft.co.uk I don't know of any way to get them over here cheaper unless someone brings them in their luggage for you.

Make sure you ask for "silver finish", as some appear to be a slightly gold tone also.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ManHatTan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this place that carry the correct buckle.
Good news.......they are in the USA.

HTH
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's Mr. Bojangles and he's a banned RL member. Purchase at your own risk.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was banned? Whoa, where have I been? Laughing

B-wing Pilot - Anomid Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ManHatTan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iam8114 wrote:
Yeah, that's Mr. Bojangles and he's a banned RL member. Purchase at your own risk.

Wow......Really !!!!!!

Why is the RL has to do with that? Is the RL guarantee every purchases made from the RL members or you personally guarantee that? Or is it just your personally attitude being a costume judge? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I don't really care who is Mr. Bojangles is nor do I know him. I did my home work and have heard about some RL member (I don't want to throw name here) who takes years to deliver stuff and a year to deliver some claim "the most accurate suit" ever made. I don't have a year to wait to get a suit. I ordered mine from there and got it in less than a week. It looks orange, it has all the pockets that I want and the style that accurate. Go...figure..... Rolling Eyes

That site uses Google Checkout. I purchased the buckle with a credit card so I got double protection. I don't need a guarantee from some RL members.

It may sounds like I am defensive......but I am not. I just trying to help and being shut down.

Thank you RL......

Helping a newbie is one thing but throwing an attitude an another......
DroidWelder ()

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax. He was just saying to proceed with caution with that supplier.
He was banned for reasons that you probably aren't even aware of.
If you get what you purchase, then great. But if you don't, you can't say that you weren't warned.

David L.
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManHatTan,

No one is giving you any "attitude," just merely pointing out that Bojangles is banned here, and that it might not be good idea to order from him.

There are unfortunately many dealers out there who should be avoided for one reason or another. Golden Armor, Star Fortress Productions, etc. It is not uncommon for folks to warn others when people ask about them. In fact that is quite common in most of the various clubs and prop and costuming forums including the 501st, the RPF, etc.

I don't know why Bojangles was banned. I had no idea he was banned until just now. I would certainly like to know why. From what I can tell it was only a few months ago.
ManHatTan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apology, if I’m coming on too strong. That was not my intention.

All I did was posting something new. I did a “search” and nobody has mentioned that site yet. So I thought this will help others since nobody in the US carry that buckle.

I did more homework and sent an email to Mr. B. He did replied and also referring me to others who bought stuff from his site.

I will post more once I gather all these info together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: