About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f0c4b10e927138b065c55e15fffa24b4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Clutter

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jello (Tony)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Clutter Reply with quote

Looking at the boards, and I noticed something today: They're getting awfully cluttered. Would someone who has the capability to do so be willing to go through and move all the outdated threads in all the subforums that are stickied left, right and center to the archives?

Try not! Do, or do not. There is no try.
plushie (Shana Farris)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeaaah... it's getting really cluttered and hard to see immediately what is a troop, just chatter/discussion and what's new.

Is there any way we could get a sub-forum JUST for troop postings?

Jello (Tony)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump!

Banzai (Hugh Coffman)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those not familiar with the way the forum is set up. I hope this will help.

The threads tagged Announcements are on top, most recent dated post first. Then the Sticky tagged threads, again the most recent dated post first. All active troops are in the sticky section. Troops not hosted by us will have a lower case letter in front indicating who invited us, example “gTroop”. “g” represents MG; “r” Rocky Mountain Fan Force; “m” Mandalorian Mercs; “d” Dark Empire; and “a” Astromech. No letter indicates we are the host. The format is Troop – Event Name, Location – Date. Side note: Troops held at private locations are posted in the “Members Only Section”, same format. The non-Announcements and non-Sticky tagged threads then follow with the most recent dated post first.

Having the most active threads available first and having access to past threads (in my opinion) are useful in case members need information concerning a past thread, etc.

Please check out the other bases’ forum and their facebook page. It seems more and more bases are using FB to post rather than here. MBC will seek a balance between the two.

Tony, thanks for creating this thread. When I have the opportunity, I review some of the older threads, may archive some prior to January 2011. I hope I addressed your concern and any others who may have thought the forum was getting clutter. This tells me MB has been busy. Also this thread reminded me to mention how the forum is set up since we have had a lot of new members join us.
plushie (Shana Farris)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugh, we know how the forum is setup. It's just very cluttered and appears thrown together.

Jello (Tony)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't asking how the bloody forums are setup! There are expired events, stickies, announcements and so on that need to be archived, to alleviate the cluttered appearance of all the forums and subforums of the MB boards.

If you wanted to let new people know how things are set up, start a specific thread! Though that's going to lead to another unneeded sticky, but that's out of my hands.

MonCal ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a little more difficult to read than most forums but it's probably just the way the software is set up. I think it's better than the JRS and gunner forums.. at least.. if anyone has been to those Wink

Even our garrison forums bother me a little with all the subforums.

My favorite is still the 501st legion forums. I like that setup. It's the easiest to read.

In my opinion facebook should primarily be for the general public to see what we're up to. The forums should still be the primary place for discussions and sharing group related stuff, costume builds, etc.

.. my two pennies anyway Wink

Last edited by MonCal () on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
plushie (Shana Farris)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Cal. I do like the Garrison's setup. Even if I have access to just a few sub-forums at the moment.

Specific place for troops. Another for non-legion discussion.

I was just hoping there would be a way we could do sub-forums in a similar fashion so that all discussion threads aren't thrown into the same space.

Banzai (Hugh Coffman)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal, you hit it right in the nose regarding the software. Unlike the 501st Legion and MG forum which are two separates websites, the MB forum is joint with the RL. This helps keep the cost down but also limits our customizing the forum.

Unless some additional input is given as to which posts to move, I will move as many as possible.
Banzai (Hugh Coffman)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal, you hit it right in the nose regarding the software. Unlike the 501st Legion and MG forum which are two separates websites, the MB forum is joint with the RL. This helps keep the cost down but also limits our customizing the forum.

Unless some additional input is given as to which posts to move, I will move as many as possible.
Ozz ()

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jello"]I wasn't asking how the bloody forums are setup! There are expired events, stickies, announcements and so on that need to be archived, to alleviate the cluttered appearance of all the forums and subforums of the MB boards.

If you wanted to let new people know how things are set up, start a specific thread! Though that's going to lead to another unneeded sticky, but that's out of my hands.[/quote]

Wow Surprised ... I'm sure Banzai is doing his best.
ScubaJedi (Regina Tironi)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Tony - the amount of outdated announcements and stickies have bugged me for a while.

And I agree that FB should not be used as the defacto forum site for everything since the world doesn't need to know everything.

-"Where are we and WHY am I in this Handbasket????"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: